HTA, TTA, CTA,May 2005! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 57 Old 05-14-2005, 02:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow!!! congratulations!!!! : what wonderful news!!! cd3 here so fam is working for us too.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#32 of 57 Old 05-14-2005, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lucky One
Rynna, that's great that your dh takes some responsibility on the family planning! How unusual!
He's got a lot of sense that way. He's also generally a sweetheart. Definately a keeper!

Persephone! Congrats!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#33 of 57 Old 05-15-2005, 10:24 AM

Just subscribing (I know, a little late). I haven't been posting much, but we're still TTA right now, and so far successful. You know, people turn their noses up at FAM, but hey, we've been doing it for almost two years now! At really fertile times, we use withdrawal, which probably isn't the smartest choice! But, to be honest, while we are TTA, if we did conceive, it wouldn't be the end of the world, so that's probably the reason we're not bothering with backup BC at fertile times.

Anyway, Persephone, congrats!

Alison
#34 of 57 Old 05-15-2005, 12:43 PM

Hi everyone

To answer the earlier question, I am pretty sure it was actually EWCM but I've been having patches of it on and off, so I think I'm still not ovulating. This is the most confusing part of FAM for me; once I have my period I'll feel a lot better about things. We used FAM (abstaining on fertile days) for a year between my first two, 2 years between my second and third, with very little stressing out or second-guessing. I'm just not going to feel *entirely* comfortable with this until it fits a more-or-less predictable pattern. I really should start temping. Anyone have a silent thermometer? Mine beeps and I have a fairly light sleeping baby (and REALLY value my myself-time in the am before everyone else wakes up).

Congrats Persephone!

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#35 of 57 Old 05-15-2005, 01:00 PM

Ok, I"m unsubscribing for real this time. But I wanted to say, Alison, I agree, people look at you funny when you say your only birth control is FAM, but we did it for a year, and as soon as we quit, I got pg, so there MUST be something to it.

Ok, saying my goodbyes! Thank you all! And I"ll be back just over a year from now!
#36 of 57 Old 05-15-2005, 01:16 PM

Beeping thermometers--mine beeps, which is good, cause I'm usually temping in the dark! To keep it quiet I just wrap my hand around it, muffles the beep enough that it's never woken Andrew, who is a pretty light sleeper as well. You could try that.

Alison
#37 of 57 Old 05-16-2005, 06:24 AM

Congratulations, Persephone!!!

I got one of those free trial VIP things going on on my Fertility Friend account, which is telling me that I should test. Harumph. I am *not* hoping to be joining to Jan 2006 mommies club, thanks very much!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#38 of 57 Old 05-16-2005, 04:39 PM

Mine beeps really lightly, which I need because I always fall back asleep while temping. It has never woken D up, but she is a somewhat heavy sleeper.
I got it from CVS, it is purple and generic.

I have been doing so great predicting my ovulation! I'm pretty regular, though. I am hoping that by August I will be in Persephone's shoes. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#39 of 57 Old 05-17-2005, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persephone
Ya'll wanted me to come back when I got pg... well, it happened on the first try! Proof that FAM works!

WHAT!!!! HOly crap! You two know how to bd!!!! Oh, I'm so excited! That makes you due in January right?? or December.... anyway, how exciting!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#40 of 57 Old 05-21-2005, 06:02 PM

CD 1 Another month, safe!

Mike and I discussed FA, and his remarkable level of self-control. He's sort of shocked that more men don't want to play an active role in *planning* their families. He can't wrap his head around the idea of a guy not being eager to cooperate. He's such a love. :LOL

#41 of 57 Old 05-21-2005, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

My hd is willing to participate. I think it has to do with the fact that neither of us has self control.
We are completely capable of stopping but sometimes are brains aren't always with us

#42 of 57 Old 05-21-2005, 07:09 PM

So, after having sex on Thursday, on Friday DH says "you're not going to be pregnant, right?" "um, no, it would be extremely unlikely" "OK, but you'd tell me if it was likely, right?"

This would be about the extent of his involvement in the process. On the plus side, he doesn't mind not having sex when I'm fertile (I've had to say a couple of times "if we have sex now we will probably get pregnant" and we've managed to put on the brakes).

Well, maybe that is innaccurate. I tell DH when I think I'm fertile, he makes sure we put on the brakes. I would take WAY too many risks if he didn't step back and make sure we were OK. Chalk it up to hormones or whatever.

On an update-sorta-note, I continue to have patchy EWCM which is a huge PITA because then I end up with what amounts to 5-6 days 'off limits' and then 5-6 days 'OK'. Your cervix changes with the patching, right? So it seeming a little more fertile doesn't necessarily mean that I'm actually getting any closer to real cycling?

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#43 of 57 Old 05-22-2005, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikirj
Well, maybe that is innaccurate. I tell DH when I think I'm fertile, he makes sure we put on the brakes. I would take WAY too many risks if he didn't step back and make sure we were OK. Chalk it up to hormones or whatever.
Me too. :LOL We're very good at finding other ways to entertain ourselves, but sometimes it's very difficult for me to remember that we don't want another baby right now at this very minute. :LOL

#44 of 57 Old 05-24-2005, 02:01 PM

Hi folks. In all the time I've been charting I've never O'd before day 12 or after day 14. This month I had a temp spike and EWCM at day 8, but then my temp went down again. It spiked again on day 12, like normal, but no EWCM. Did I O on day 8? That would be very strange for me--I've been so regular that you'd think I was making it up, the entire time I've been charting. What would make you O earlier than normal? I know that stress can delay O, but what would bring it on early?

Alison
#45 of 57 Old 05-24-2005, 02:30 PM

Allison, the temperature spike actually happens *after* you ovulate, not at the same time; if you have the spike on day 12, you probably ovulated on day 11. It is possible to ovulate twice in one cycle (which is how fraternal twins happen), and yes, stress can bring on early ovulation as well as late. So can excessive sex & orgasm.

#46 of 57 Old 05-24-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
Allison, the temperature spike actually happens *after* you ovulate, not at the same time; if you have the spike on day 12, you probably ovulated on day 11. It is possible to ovulate twice in one cycle (which is how fraternal twins happen), and yes, stress can bring on early ovulation as well as late. So can excessive sex & orgasm.
Actually, I did know that ovulation is the day before temp spike . Which means I may have ovulated on day 7! Excessive sex and orgasm--hmmm. I didn't know that! I also didn't realise that stress can bring on early ovulation as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been so regular that I've probably been a little blase about things. This will teach me never to take anything for granted. Now I need to wait and see how this cycle turns out--we weren't being terribly cautious when I had the first spike, because I wasn't really looking for EWCM, so both it and the spike caught me off guard that morning. Can you really ovulate as early as day 7?

Okay, cross your fingers that I'm not pg folks (well, actually, it wouldn't be the end of the world, just a little earlier than planned).

Alison
#47 of 57 Old 05-24-2005, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison
Can you really ovulate as early as day 7?
I've ovulated as early as day 5 (in a 20 day cycle).

#48 of 57 Old 05-24-2005, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

I ovulated on cd8 or 9 once...I didn't even test positive till cd33. Yup, that was the month I got pg with Bryce. It is the ONLY time I have ovulated that early since charting. I figure Bryce was meant to be

#49 of 57 Old 05-25-2005, 11:17 PM

Awwwwww

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#50 of 57 Old 05-25-2005, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_our_family
I figure Bryce was meant to be
indeed!

my dh is pretty active in making sure we don't take chances. like many of you have said, it's easy to get caught up in the moment and forget that you *know* you don't want another child right now, but we seem to do ok with everything. i tell him when i am probably fertile, and after i've ovulated, and so far, so good.

a quick question for you ladies though, if you don't mind. how normal is it to have EWCM on just one day, a few days before ovulation? or not to detect much EWCM at all? i am pretty sure i ovulated this cycle--had a very clear temp spike--but i didn't have much EWCM at all. in fact, it seemed to be mostly creamy.

i do recall the cycle i conceived ds that i didn't have much EWCM, so maybe that's just normal for me? this is only my second cycle since getting af back, so maybe my body is just getting used to the return of fertility again...i don't know.

thoughts? thanks.

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#51 of 57 Old 05-26-2005, 02:53 AM

Most of my cycles, I have tons of EWCM. The cycle BooBah was concieved, I hardly had any-- only a lot of very watery mucous. Every now and then I'll have a cycle where it gets very watery and never egg-white consistancy at all. I'd go with "it's just normal for you."

#52 of 57 Old 05-28-2005, 05:37 PM

Hello Women,
So I'm new here - just got connected into this forum last week. I am enjoying reading the wise words and encouragment. I have to admit though that sometimes the biggest challenge is figuring what the acronyms mean - like cd... for example? Is that cycle day_? Please bare with me as I figure our how this all works - I have a story and question to ask so this might be a bit lengthly, I hope someone still reads it though.

I am a new mom- my babe is just 3 weeks old and perviously to becomming pregnant I had been charting my cycles using Billings method. My husband-to-be and I felt like we had a pretty good understanding of our fertility, in theory. I say in theory because we didn't have sex until we were married. Leading up to our wedding I realized that it was very likely that I would be fertile on our wedding night and honeymoon- so we had a hard decision to make! Sure enough our wedding day was the first day of fetile mucus in my cycle and it was important to us to consumate our love so we decided to be open to concieving that night - for the rest of our honeymoon we abstained. It jsut so happened that the first time was a charm for us and now nine months later we are enjoying our beautiful son.

Anyway, I have a question/issue of my own to put out there. So my baby is 3 weeks old and today I felt something that reminded me of wettness. I am curious if this is cm. I thought you weren't suppose to have that if you are breastfeeding? I am wondering if this could mean that I might O before I even have a period? I know this is possible, but wondering how relaistic if I am breastfeeding? Should I start charting again, already? I feel like my body is strange and new and I need to become reaquainted with it all over again. I wish there was a way to feel confident in knowing where you are with your fertility before your periods return. Maybe there is...does anyone have any insight?

Thanks ... and please try not to talk in too much code so I can translate
#53 of 57 Old 05-28-2005, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

"ding ding ding" Yes cm does mean cervical mucous

Ok, here we go....

You can have cm while bfing. Not all women are blessed with ecological breastfeeding leading to not ovulating and no period. I think some of here started having regular periods like clockwork after giving birth no matter how much we breastfeed. The chances of you ovulating right away I think are slim. Most women experience annovulatory cycles for awhile.

That is such a sweet story about your conception

I've been bfing for 3 years now and have had 3 pregnancies while breastfeeding, only one carried to term.

Um, I think that covered your question.

#54 of 57 Old 06-01-2005, 09:40 PM

Hey ladies I'm new around here. I have a 8 month old DD and am TTA until she's at least a year old. I've tried charting but am unable to temp, she wakes me up at differnt times everyday and often wakes an hour or two before that to nurse back to sleep So I've been watching my CM and CP and using the spermicidal film. My plan is to use the film when I don't think I'm fertile and abstain when I think I'm fertile. I just started eggwhite CM today so I think I may actually being ovulating again (wasn't sure before I started NFP as AF hasn't really come back yet.) If anyone has any adivse on my situation I'm all ears So far I don't think the film has interfered too much with my ability to monitor CM.

I'd love another baby but am afraid my milk will dry up so I don't want to risk it just yet and don't like any of my other BC options so for now this is what we're working with. Wish us luck!!!
#55 of 57 Old 06-02-2005, 12:32 PM

Well, I've just had two of the most stressfull weeks ever. Moving has, I think, messed up my cycle. Everything seemed perfectly normal but now I'm a bit confused. And I can't find my paper chart, it's been packed, so I'm not positive about what's going on. At any rate, I'm 85% sure that we successfully avoided this month. : I'm a bit concerned because I think all the stress may have caused me to ovulate a bit earlier than I'd anticipated. We'll see! As in all things, time will tell.

#56 of 57 Old 06-03-2005, 03:05 PM

Good Luck, elionwy!

Welcome to the new ladies!

ok, here is a query- It is off topic but I am putting it out here first...

Does anyone have any experience with the Shettles Method or any other gender selection methods. Dh and I will be moving from CTA to TTC in August and today he goes for a blood test to see if he is a carrier for a certain blood disease. I got all this (not detailed, not scientific info from him who got it from his mom who got it from his sister...). Apparently his little sister has some blood disease that maybe genetic, it affects only females but men can be carriers. Therefore if dh is a carrier our daughter could have it. For this reason, we'd like to have a boy next to avoid the possibility of a disorder/ future pain etc; provided, of course, that this is what it is. I've been reading up on it and while some sources say it is very accurate others claim it isn't at all.

What do you think?

#57 of 57 Old 06-03-2005, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...22#post3232222

New thread...I'm quoting the question in the above post so we can answer it there

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page