HTA, TTA, CTA,May 2005! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 57 Old 05-01-2005, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is the link to the old thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=268643

THis may be my last month here with you () I'll mis you all but I'm happy we are over it, kwim?

ANyway, I'm cd3. I can't believe I'm back to having af like I did pre-ds1. It is so nice to have a 3 day period with no real heavy flow and virtually no cramping

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#2 of 57 Old 05-01-2005, 11:04 PM

Hi all . Just jumping in here to get subscribed and all. No news is good news, eh? Although I have a related story to share:

So a year or so ago my MIL asks if I'm pregnant. I'm like, "NO, I'm just fat". Sure enough, two days later I get my positive. This is the only one time she has ever asked me...

...so she asks again the other day. And I FREAK OUT. But a couple of negative tests and NO symptoms later, I'm pretty convinced she's just going to ask me that every time I look a little bloated now that she's been right once.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#3 of 57 Old 05-01-2005, 11:17 PM

Does TTA stand for trying to avoid pg?

If so, I'm in the right place.

I had my first ppaf last month (started April 6th), although it only lasted 4 days and never was a heavy flow. When I'm not bf'ing, my cycles are always very regular. But now, I think I am just now getting around to ovulating again (having major ewcm and O pains), so that's what, on cd 23?

Anyway, here I am. Even though we would like a third child I would be devestated if I were to get pg any time soon. My almost 12 month old (on May 14th!!!) has never slept for more than a 3 hr stretch at night, ever, so I NEED some better sleep before I could imagine happily being pg again...lol.

Is everyone else charting? I'm not, currently, should I be?

~lisa~mama to 3 boys (1/02, 5/04, 12/06)
#4 of 57 Old 05-02-2005, 04:30 AM

hi Lisa. Yes, tta stands for trying to avoid. And cta is for charting to avoid so everyone is charting to some degree or other, or at least paying attention to their cycles. I personally don't temp, just watch cm + cp to get an idea. We're not officially using that method to avoid getting pregnant, but in reality we only use condoms when I'm fertile.

Megan, it must be weird after so long charting and just in general taking various precautions to avoid pregnancy, to now see that as coming to an end. How's your dh taking it? Has it bothered him at all - I mean emotionally? - I'm just wondering because my dh is still talking about the snip. Not very frequently though so I don't know whether he really will, or whether he'll leave us the option of a #4.

I wouldn't mind af being a bit lighter, though I don't have very many problems with cramps recently. CD4 and surviving.

arcenciel WAHM to 14 and 13yo DS, 9 and 5yo DD

#5 of 57 Old 05-02-2005, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Is he emotional about it???? Yes, in that we can have sex whenever we want however we want without "fear" of pregnancy :LOL We are both excited to be moving on from here. It is weird though. I wonder how long it will be before I feel relaxed about it.

#6 of 57 Old 05-03-2005, 04:11 AM

Hi all!

Still no PPAF here, so I'm on CD 178 or something... I lose track. I am happy to say that Lily's first birthday is coming soon so I should achieve one year AF free for sure now! Yay!

Now watch her arrive tomorrow. :LOL

Megan, I can only imagine how weird it must be to finally be moving on, for sure, to the next stage. A friend of mine is right there with you so this is something we've been talking about a lot lately. They got their all clear check, good luck on yours!

Lisa, nice to meet you. Sounds like we are nearly in the same boat--L is not sleeping through the night either and nurses a LOT! Speaking of, I hear her demanding the opening of the all-night breastmilk buffet. :LOL

Tara
#7 of 57 Old 05-03-2005, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi there everyone-
i am officially joining up with you ladies-
i am cycle day 1.
i want to start charting temps to find out if i am actually having ovulations or if i am only having anovulatory cycles.
right now i am keeping track of mucus anfd cervical position ect.

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#8 of 57 Old 05-03-2005, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

We are taking in the first "sample" tomorrow. :LOL

#9 of 57 Old 05-04-2005, 03:05 AM

good luck with your sample. :LOL

i'm still here. cd19. based on cm and ovulation pains i'm pretty sure i'm 4dpo today. guess i'm here, at least lurking, for the long haul. we discussed b.c. again recently and plain to stick our "cheater's version" of nfp. we're not charting temps and so far so good, knock on wood.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#10 of 57 Old 05-04-2005, 07:53 AM

: to Lily!

Did AF arrive to help celebrate???

Good luck with the sample, Megan!

FWIW, I would be very cautious about relying on ovulatory pains to indicate ovulation. Sometimes I get them and sometimes not. Sometimes I get gas instead. Some cycles, I have what could be ovulatory pain for an entire week before I actually ovulate. I definitely can't count it as a primary fertility sign.

I'm on CD14 here, but not expecting to ovulate before the weekend. Ho hum.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#11 of 57 Old 05-04-2005, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaToBe
FWIW, I would be very cautious about relying on ovulatory pains to indicate ovulation. Sometimes I get them and sometimes not. Sometimes I get gas instead. Some cycles, I have what could be ovulatory pain for an entire week before I actually ovulate. I definitely can't count it as a primary fertility sign.
Thanks!! I find too that I have it for just a moment some months and for days other months. Since we're not charting temps at the moment, I just find it reassuring when the "pain" (which isn't really a pain as much as a discomfort/pressure type thing) and ewcm both dissappear at the same time, yk? Sort of like a double check. And we are careful when I have cm during what I'm 90%+ sure is my LP just in case I geared up to O, but didn't actually O.

And : Lily!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#12 of 57 Old 05-04-2005, 10:58 PM

Hi Everyone!
I'm finally back! AF came to visit - Finally after being on CD99!!! (This is her second appearance since DD - sorry TMI!
GLad to see new people and familiar people too!

I need to get back to using the thermometer because after day 70something I was beginning to lose interest in the whole charting thing.
But now,
it's a new cycle and time to get those hormones acting more under control !
#13 of 57 Old 05-05-2005, 02:42 PM

Thanks for Lily's birthday wishes! It was a great day but kind of sad too, KWIM? I posted her birth story in my blog and re-read it nearly half a dozen times. I can't believe my baby is a year old already. :

But no, AF did not arrive in time for the party! Hooray! L is sleeping for a longer stretch at night so I think she might be getting close though.

It's nice to see so many people here!

Tara
#14 of 57 Old 05-05-2005, 11:08 PM

Mine didn't come back until my kid was fully nightweaned the day after she turned two).

The funny thing is I had been waiting and waiting so that I could get pregnant, then when it never showed up I made other plans. Then, of course, it comes back and I am here - for 3 more months :LOL

Right now TTA isn't too hard since we don't ever do it....

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#15 of 57 Old 05-05-2005, 11:29 PM

I'm glad Lily had a nice birthday, but I completely can understand the bittersweet nature of 1st b-days! My youngest will be 1 in 9 days, boo hoo!

As for me, I'm on cd30 and I have no clue as to what's going on. I feel like I'm going to start my period *any minute* because of slight cramping, yet I'm still having tons of cm. Argh! I have been toying around with temping and charting, but don't you have to take your temp after being perfectly still in bed and at the same time each morning? I just wouldn't be able to do that because ds2 is a constant nurser from about 5am on and besides I wouldn't want to risk waking either boy up just to get a temp reading.

How do those of you temp when you are nursing during the pre-wake nursing sessions and co-sleeping with one or more children?

#16 of 57 Old 05-06-2005, 12:22 AM - Thread Starter

Honestyly, I just temp at the same time. My sleep routine really doesn't affect my temp. I'm not sure why.

#17 of 57 Old 05-06-2005, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lucky One
I have been toying around with temping and charting, but don't you have to take your temp after being perfectly still in bed and at the same time each morning? I just wouldn't be able to do that because ds2 is a constant nurser from about 5am on and besides I wouldn't want to risk waking either boy up just to get a temp reading.

How do those of you temp when you are nursing during the pre-wake nursing sessions and co-sleeping with one or more children?
A lot of us have this same issue. There have been other threads about it, I bet if you do a search for "temp'ing and co-sleeping" or something like that you will find a lot of hints. But for me, it has not seemed to matter that I am not getting 3 hours of solid sleep before I temp. Sometimes I've actually gotten out of bed in that time, usually I've been shifting sides w/ nursing in bed, sometimes I've stayed up too late on MDC and barely been asleep for 3 hours at all. :LOL As long as I take it at the same time it is pretty constant. My DH hands me the thermometer every morning before he kisses me and Lily goodbye. So I get good temps on Mon-Fri at least, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Right now TTA isn't too hard since we don't ever do it....
: Hey, that is our top secret strategy too! :LOL

Tara
#18 of 57 Old 05-06-2005, 10:25 PM

Hmmm, lots of good temp-taking tips here! I think I might try having DH hand over the thermometer when the alarm clock goes off and see how that works for us! Right now, I just try to remember about it when DD wakes at some part of the morning (but that is highly variable) so, going by the clock might work out better for us!? We'll just have to see!

Charting really is fun!
#19 of 57 Old 05-07-2005, 10:37 PM

cd 22ish here...I get lazy about keeping track during this luteal phase once I know I ovulated and am 'safe' till next AF

I too have found it remarkable that not much nighttime activity like lots of nursing, active co-sleeping, etc. affects my temp as long as it's taken right around 6am. I never expected a normal looking chart with my crazy nights with my sweet ds, but it really is. I KNOW we've had a rough night when my temp is off, haha.

One thing that works for the thermometer for me is to have it DEEP inside my pillowcase so I can fish it out right around 6am and then shove it back in there after taking my temp and get it out sometime in the day to read the temp.
#20 of 57 Old 05-07-2005, 10:58 PM

My two year old is the best temperature buddy! First thing, she always reminds me to "Do yer Tempacher!"

I guess she doesn't want a little brother or sister :LOL

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#21 of 57 Old 05-07-2005, 11:15 PM

um, hello all. i'm new here. i'm on cd7--just finished pp af #2 since the birth of ds (2 this week!). we are tta for the next year or so and then will try for #2--we're aiming for about a 4 year spacing between kids.

so i will be here for awhile.

howdy!

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#22 of 57 Old 05-08-2005, 03:41 AM

Still nothing here. My hormones get strong enough to cause creamy or watery CM and to make my face break out and that is about it, then it goes away again. :LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam's mom
howdy!

I will be here a while too (like maybe until menopause LOL) so we can hang out together!

Tara
#23 of 57 Old 05-08-2005, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

You know, I haven't temped or anything in over a month. We moved and I haven't done it since then.

Funny thing though. I'm cd8 and I have been having very sparatic very very light brown and sometimes light pink spotting and cramps! Isn't that weird??

Oh, we didn't get dh's "sample" in. I'm going to talk him into it on monday.

#24 of 57 Old 05-08-2005, 11:59 AM

Well, we had sex several nights ago and the next morning I got my first clear fertility signs so I'm hoping that we're not in trouble here. The night of the act all the signs were pointing to a nice non-fertile time. I still think I'm not actually ovulating, just having anovulatory breakthrough bleeding here and there. Not temping because it wakes up my cosleeping babe and well, I just don't want to go there. CM has always been more accurate for me anyhow. Oh well. DH withdrew which is something at least.

DH and I think this babe may be our last, so if that is the case, I'll be here for another SIX YEARS or more until we are absolutely certain and DH can go get snipped. FAM has been quite effective for us in the past, it is just problems like this last thing (preceding paragraph) that could get us in trouble.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#25 of 57 Old 05-12-2005, 05:55 AM

Niki, did you find EWCM the next day? Are you sure it wasn't, ahem, man leftovers? Do you normally get several days of EW before ovulating? Spermies can only survive 5-6 days (and that is pushing it for most of 'em) in the most fertile CM. I think you should be okay.

I'm having a slightly weird cycle, in that EWCM continued well past my temp rise, which is weird for me. Also weird that I seem to have ovulated on day 14, which is way early. We even did the deed without protection on day 9. I should have seen the early ovulation coming, from the short LP last cycle. So now I'm just : that our babe-to-be knows that February is a bit too early for him/her to join us...

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#26 of 57 Old 05-12-2005, 11:12 AM

:LOL

Sunday was Mother's day, as I'm sure you all know, and I was eager for a sweet present. Mike frowned and said, "how's your mucous?" I told him that I thought I'd already ovulated and was therefore safe, that today should be a less-fertile mucous day again. He shook his head and said that his body said "yes" just a little too eagerly for him to trust it entirely. Sure enough, when we got home I found some of the most unbelievably fertile, stretch-five-inches-without-breaking mucous. He didn't trust Monday, either. :LOL I'm so glad he pays attention. I still haven't been temping, but I'm confident that we made it through the dangerous part of this cycle without resorting to drastic measures. :LOL What's most amazing to me, though, is Mike's unbelievable level of self-control. I'm not as good at it as he is, especially because ovulation makes me more interested. I don't know how he manages to say no, but I'm glad he does! :LOL

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#27 of 57 Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

It is good your dh pays attention. My dh has no self control..thats why we have Tracy

Dh's first sample was negative!!! Just one more clean one and we're done!

#28 of 57 Old 05-12-2005, 09:47 PM

CD1 here! Got full force bleeding today around noon after DAYS of cramping and just 'feeling' like I was going to start. Ds2 only nurse about 3 times yesterday during the waking hours, so I'm wondering if that brought AF on. So, that was a 37 day cycle. I'm still amazed that I'm ovulating at all based on how much he is still nursing.

Rynna, that's great that your dh takes some responsibility on the family planning! How unusual!

#29 of 57 Old 05-12-2005, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaToBe
Niki, did you find EWCM the next day? Are you sure it wasn't, ahem, man leftovers?
That was my first thought. Guess you'll find out in a few weeks.

#30 of 57 Old 05-14-2005, 02:44 PM

Ya'll wanted me to come back when I got pg... well, it happened on the first try! Proof that FAM works!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page