NFP--have a couple of questions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2005, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I want to use natural family planning/fertility awareness (am using it) but having a couple of problems and I hope someone can help. First, is there a way to safely lengthen my luteal phase? It is consistently only 6 days (I am 7 months out from weaning) and I'd really like more safe days. Also, I am having trouble telling the difference between fertile mucus and sperm--any hints there?

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2005, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgrace
Ok, I want to use natural family planning/fertility awareness (am using it) but having a couple of problems and I hope someone can help. First, is there a way to safely lengthen my luteal phase? It is consistently only 6 days (I am 7 months out from weaning) and I'd really like more safe days. Also, I am having trouble telling the difference between fertile mucus and sperm--any hints there?

A short luteal phase while nursing is normal, in fact it helps to prevent pregnancy. You need at least a ten day luteal phase to achieve pregnancy. If you are night nursing, you could possibly wean to lengthen the phase or you can take progesterone.

As for the latter question, trying doing kegels after sex to help eliminate the fluids.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:57 AM

I've read quite a lot of good things about this particular multi-vitamin: Optivite PMT. It is supposed to help correct nutritional imbalances and increase your luteal phase. I took it for a while for PMS issues and thought it was pretty good. (though I'm a scientist, so I'm not completely convinced, but I don't think their claims are completely made up)

Anyway, here's some info: http://www.optimox.com/pics/Optivite.html
If you're nursing, make sure you check with your doctor.

It might be worth it to try. After all, better nutrition isn't a bad thing!
Good luck!

K

P.S. I don't have any connection to this company (if that's not obvious!) and the reason I don't take them anymore is financial, if we had more money right now I'd probably still be on them.

DD (2006) and DD (2009) and pos.gif
Old 06-27-2005, 02:15 PM

In TCOYF she talks about improving your diet and getting enough exercise as being one of the first things to do to lengthen your luteal phase.

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

Old 07-17-2005, 10:06 PM

I was told that if you have cf between your fingers and rub them together, it remains. If you do the same with sperm, it disappears.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.

User Tag List