We're Done-Trying to Get Him to Get Snipped - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-23-2005, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have 4 boys and we are both done having children. The youngest is 16 months and will hopefully continue nursing for at least that much longer. We used NFP to conceive, but now that we are DONE I don't want to take any more chances. He is scheduled for a vasectomy next week but is having second thoughts. He read some horror stories on the web. I don't want to have major surgery or take hormones while nursing. The idea of an IUD that could be painful or "lost" doesn't seem great. I feel like I've been responsible for our fertility for 25 years (yes, we've been together that long) and now it is his turn. Should I encourage him to go through with it?
#2 of 6 Old 06-23-2005, 02:11 AM

Honestly, I would try and get him to go through with it. Its an outpatient procedure for them to go through, atleast it was for friends of ours. If you go through with it its major surgery that you would have to stay in the hospital for and have a longer recovery etc. I agree, 25 years is a long time, sounds like its time for him to step up to the plate. Heck, you bore the children, I think he can handle a little snip! Good luck!
#3 of 6 Old 06-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Banned

Someones hubby is suffering from that all-too-typical male reaction of "KTGYGBFKMFUN" Syndrome.

*points to blog*
#4 of 6 Old 06-23-2005, 08:42 AM

Yeah, mine won't either...

So in August I'm having my Mirena removed and leaving future children up to fate...

I too am sick of having the weight of the family planning decision solely upon my shoulders.

Heather
#5 of 6 Old 06-23-2005, 09:38 AM

My DH just had one the end of April. (He volunteered!) Anyway, it cost far less than you having anything done, the recovery time is minimal compared to what you would need, all in all a better choice.

If he doesn't mind taking care of the kids, house, and cooking for at least a week if you have it done, tell him you'll do it. Otherwise, he can have it done and spend a relaxing weekend recouperating! lol! Just make sure that if he does get it done, he goes back and gets checked!
#6 of 6 Old 06-30-2005, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

He got it done! While I was stressing out about it and having second thoughts he decided that the fact that he read just one horror story meant that MOST guys were fine with their decision. Wish he had clued me in on his change of heart. Anyway, the important deed is done. In 8 weeks we should be all clear and no more worrying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page