Charting, Trying, Hoping TO AVOID. July 2005 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 07-01-2005, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I decided to start this month's thread since it is my last month here!!!! I hope no one minds.

I am soooo going to miss you guys! We will start ttc in August. CTA has really prepared me for it.

Here is a link to last thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=295791

Not much going on here. CD 2 and all is well!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 61 Old 07-01-2005, 07:49 PM

oooh exciting that you'll be ttc soon! hope you catch that first eggie.

cd1. cta/tta continues.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#3 of 61 Old 07-02-2005, 03:55 AM

I think it's great you started the new thread, Evergreen! How exciting that this is your last month CTA!

We are still CTA indefinitely and I still have absolutely nothing to report. Really, check out my charts, have you ever seen such a long and boring anovulatory chart? I had to break it into 2 charts because FF didn't know how to process it after 180 days! :LOL So now I'm on CD 240 and still nothing. I keep feeling crampy/full and thinking something is up, but nada, nothin', zip, zero, zilch.

I even took a HPT today because 14 months of no AF is starting to mess with my head. I know there was no sign that I was and I trust my chart, I guess I'm just you know? Of course it was a BFN. So, yay breastfeeding and no AF! I just wish I could relax about it! :LOL
#4 of 61 Old 07-02-2005, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Did I ever tell you that my period didn't return til the day after my dd's second birthday?

All the fertile signs were there. Lots of eggwhite 2 weeks prior, and just a feeling right before I noticed it. Plus nursing really hurt between ovulation and af. So, hopefully you'll be like me and not really be able to miss it when it decides to return.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#5 of 61 Old 07-03-2005, 02:38 AM

CD 31, Af due between 30 and 34. I think I ovulated this months, but not sure. I got a nasty cold 2 dpo, so temps are screwy.

I've got terrible baby fever. Terrible. Derek is only working extremely pt. The deal is that we'll start ttc when he gets something ft. I hope I can wait. I hope it's soon.
#6 of 61 Old 07-03-2005, 01:28 PM

cd3 and still CTA (for the next 5-6 yrs :LOL)

I hadn't used my Diva Cup in so long that I had troubles with it on cd1! Back into the swing of it tho. Not sure wether to be YAY!! or Nay!! lol Ok Yay b/c AF means no pg and since I'd like to avoid that for many years I guess it is a esounding yay

Got to dust off the ol thermometer so DH can start tracking my temps. Do any of you temp during AF or do you take the week off?
#7 of 61 Old 07-03-2005, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

I do to stay in practice.

#8 of 61 Old 07-03-2005, 07:13 PM

Evergreen--that is awesome! I do hope my first O is as noticeable as yours--and I want notice waaaayyy in advance! :LOL I'm starting to worry all the time--okay, today seems "safe" but what if tomorrow I suddenly see EWCM? It's messing with my mind. DH knows that we need to "wrap it up" all the time now and that he has to help me enforce it because my willpower is not good.

bens_mommie--My baby fever comes and goes. It's hard to wait!!! But two friends just found out they are PG and I realized I'm glad it's not me (right now). So I'm finally resigned to waiting at least another year until we decide whether to TTC again or now. If not, we are talking about me being a surrogate in the future so that gives me some peace.

Jenniebug, I used to temp even during AF so I didn't get out of the routine, but it hasn't been an issue in a while... :LOL
#9 of 61 Old 07-03-2005, 08:14 PM

I temp as little as possible, only during fertile period and 4 days afterward.
#10 of 61 Old 07-03-2005, 09:32 PM

I temp daily. When DS wakes me at 4 or 5 or whatever, it's just habit to reach out for the thermometer and take my temp. If I had to think about whether I needed to or not, I'd have to wake up enough to remember where I was in my cycle and if I needed to temp or not. Easier for me just to temp every day.

Someone else here mentioned the Diva cup. I use the keeper right now, but I've been getting funny AF lately--lots of dizziness and nausea etc, that I never used to have. I've been wondering if it could be the latex? I was thinking about trying the Diva again--I tried one before, but I tried the larger size (that's what the instructions said I should use) when I think I really needed the smaller.

And like bens_mommie, I have total baby fever. Even though I'd really like to put off TTC for another 18-24 months (I want a 4-5 year gap, so does DH, that's on the days that he even wants a second at all!). And at our playgroup I currently have three pg friends, one with a week old baby, and four with babies under 7 months. Man, being around all those pg women and new babies just about kills me!

Alison
#11 of 61 Old 07-03-2005, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hey everyone!

I'm really interested in this thread, I need to TTA for the next four years! I am starting Midwifery School in the fall and it's a four-year program. I want another baby so badly it's not even funny!!! Must be patient, must be patient. The only thing is that if babies in the grocery stores make me crazy, imagine what it will be like having to see pregnant women and newborn babies every single stinkin' day! :LOL

The only thing is, I know we're not as careful as we should be. We mostly just use the "withdrawal method"! : I wish I could afford the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book, or that I had someone who could explain it to me! I cannot, and I repeat CANNOT get pregnant before I graduate!

Help!

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to 3 wonderful children: dd10, dd8 and ds5
#12 of 61 Old 07-03-2005, 11:11 PM

I don't temp at all. : We just chart CM and are careful anytime I have anything remotely fertile looking even if I'm pretty sure I already ovulated that month. So far, so good.

Blissful_maia, welcome to this thread!!! Wish I had the cure for babylust for you, but alas I don't. Wish I had it for me as well. Good luck with midwifery school. It sounds like such a fun career!! You might want to check your local library for TCOYF. Ours has several copies in the system.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#13 of 61 Old 07-04-2005, 12:35 AM

Hi everyone, just subscribing, mostly...

I've been charting for about 1 1/2 months, since I've gone off the mini-pill. So far my temp has been nearly the same every single day (no, my thermometer isn't broken and I'm not pregnant). I haven't had AF in this time and I'm thinking that it is going to take a bit of time for my body to return to something of a "normal" cycle (even on the pill my cycles were all over the place). I'm hoping this doesn't take forever!
#14 of 61 Old 07-05-2005, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

My dd and I each have our own thermometers. If I wake up without taking my temp. she'll say, "Mommy, you forgot to take your temp-churr!"

#15 of 61 Old 07-05-2005, 11:26 AM

e
#16 of 61 Old 07-08-2005, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia
Hey everyone!

I wish I could afford the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book, or that I had someone who could explain it to me! I cannot, and I repeat CANNOT get pregnant before I graduate!

Help!

Got to the library. They will probably have it, and if they don't, they should be able to order it for you. I borrowed my copy from LLL and kept it for about 6 months. Once I hadn;t referenced it in about 3 months, I returned it. Or you could ask around to other moms and check out the FSOT boards. There are lots of copies floating around out there. you shouldn;t have any trouble finding it.
#17 of 61 Old 07-10-2005, 01:32 PM

Hey ladies!

You know you never linked this thread to the old one? :LOL

Anyway, I'm on CD 24 and things look pretty good. I've managed to keep the most accurate temp record ever this month! I've got a question, though; doesn't your temperature usually go down before your period? Mine seems to be staying up. What do you think?

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#18 of 61 Old 07-10-2005, 03:19 PM

Mine doesn't go down until the day my period starts for real. Even if I have a few days of spotting before thigs really start, my temp stays up through the spotting.

Alison
#19 of 61 Old 07-10-2005, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
Hey ladies!

You know you never linked this thread to the old one? :LOL

Anyway, I'm on CD 24 and things look pretty good. I've managed to keep the most accurate temp record ever this month! I've got a question, though; doesn't your temperature usually go down before your period? Mine seems to be staying up. What do you think?
I thought I had linked them! :LOL

I checked out your chart, and I am no expert on charting (or anything for that matter but my temp doesn't ever go down before my period. It has a pretty strait forward pattern of irregular during menstration, low temps (97.50s usually), slight dip, spike up to the early 98s and then period.

#20 of 61 Old 07-10-2005, 11:43 PM

That's so good to hear! :LOL

I couldn't quite remember-- I haven't been very good about temping in the past, and I mailed my book to my SIL (who didn't get to use it-- not three weeks after I sent it, she found out that she was pregnant). :LOL

#21 of 61 Old 07-12-2005, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

I just realized that mine do dip a bit, but it is the day I start, so by that time you know.

:LOL

#22 of 61 Old 07-12-2005, 09:33 PM

Wow, your chart looks so perfect! You're getting ready to ovulate, right?

And this is your last month TTA! With you and Megan gone... well, what are we to do?!

#23 of 61 Old 07-14-2005, 12:40 AM

I don't know! What will you do??

I had to stop by and say hi. So, this was my first month off this thread and I feel like crap!! Listen to this list and I'm not imagining it either....

extreme tired to where I can barely keep my eyes open no matter how much I sleep.

I am nauseated

I have food aversions

Smells make me want to hurl

My breasts are killing me

Low back pain

stretching feelings in c/b scar.

I'm cd16 so I am praying it is just O symptoms. DH is a tad freaked.... :LOL

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#24 of 61 Old 07-14-2005, 03:09 AM

welcome back to the thread. fwiw, i had "symptoms" like that last month and af came right on schedule, well actually, af came three days early. i have no idea what caused it for me, but luckily it seems it was temporary as i feel much better now (except for the summer cold i caught from my 2yo).

#25 of 61 Old 07-14-2005, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy
Wow, your chart looks so perfect! You're getting ready to ovulate, right?

And this is your last month TTA! With you and Megan gone... well, what are we to do?!

Thanks! I'll pop in too. Hi, Megan!!!!!!!

I am getting ready to ovulate early this month. Which would explain why last night i actually wanted to have sex :LOL.

#26 of 61 Old 07-14-2005, 10:34 AM

Megan-- wouldn't that be just the way? :LOL

My chart is looking just brilliant. The cycle is a bit longer than I'm accustomed to, but I think my temperature will drop and I'll get my period tomorrow or Saturday (and I've gotten my period on a Friday or Saturday since BooBah's birth, so it makes sense). It's all good.

#27 of 61 Old 07-14-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay
welcome back to the thread. fwiw, i had "symptoms" like that last month and af came right on schedule, well actually, af came three days early. i have no idea what caused it for me, but luckily it seems it was temporary as i feel much better now (except for the summer cold i caught from my 2yo).

Yeah, I didn't have this the last few cycles but before I got pg wiyj B it was every month!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#28 of 61 Old 07-15-2005, 01:26 PM

Just wanted to check in...

I'm on CD9 of will likely turn out to be my second-to-last avoiding cycle. Only two more eggs that need avoiding - we can totally do this!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#29 of 61 Old 07-15-2005, 07:58 PM

CD 1. My chart is extremely simple to interpret, very straightforward. Even Mike understands it! :LOL

#30 of 61 Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yeay, I just bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility! So I can officially join this thread. Need to not get pg for four years!! Aaah. I think I can, I think I can....

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to 3 wonderful children: dd10, dd8 and ds5

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page