Help me convince DH to have #3! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-08-2005, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all,

I am glad I found this board. I need help. I desperately want 3 kids, we currently have 2 (ages 4 and 18 mo, both girls.) DH says we are done. He doesn't really have any "solid" reasons, other than the practical ones (like more money, sooner we can get out of baby mode, better vacations, etc). I, on the other hand, have about as good as reasons as one can get --We each have small families--only have single bothers and my girls won't have any cousins, aunts, etc. We have a big house, we can provide for another child, I stay home anyway, so there won't be add'l daycare. While a boy would be nice, three girls would be GREAT too, so we wouldn't be heartbroken if we didn't get a boy.

Please help. I read on another board it's like mourning the child you have never had and that's so true. When he brings up things like being able to go on family vacations sooner, I feel depressed and don't even want to go on them w/out our third kid. And if he gets a vasectomy w/out telling me, I will be ticked, but if I get pg (we are currently NFP), he will think I "tricked him".

I think I can still convince him, b/c he's not super adamant about it. If you have been in this situation, please help!
#2 of 2 Old 07-12-2005, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have any advice...I'm hoping for #3 too but have some issues to figure out first. Spacing? Can we really afford it? Will I be attentive enough to all 3? Will "middle child syndrome" take place for my sweet little one?
Is it just never-ending baby lust? My dh said "okay, we can have another" but then he also added he's just not sure...basically citing the same type of reasons I'm already pondering. So there is some doubt and a little more for him than me.

JSo although I don't have advice I just wanted to let you know I read your post and I hope you guys work it out soon...maybe if you just ensure him you are happy to stay in the baby phase longer and you'd rather wait a little longer for vacations and then go as a family of 3.
Just be gentle...nobody likes being pressured. You want to be open and honest with him though.

Best Wishes!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page