How long did you feel like AF before it came? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-22-2005, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am breastfeeding on demand and the thought of returning fertility has got me confused.

How long before your first pp period did you have mucus? How long did you feel like AF was coming before it actually did?

I am only 4.5 months pp and wondering if there is any way I will make it near a year without AF.

TIA!

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#2 of 7 Old 07-26-2005, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Let's see, dd is 2.5 years now, I've had mucous since she was 10 months old, really good EWCF for the past year,cramps on and off again for at least the last 6 months, and I have yet to have AF! It is so varied that it is impossible to tell when AF will return.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 7 Old 07-26-2005, 02:29 AM

I had mucous patches on and off constantly while breastfeeding. My periods and ovulation did not return until my son was 16 months old. I, too, was confused by the mucous as it was my first time breastfeeding and I was just learning NFP and fertility awareness in general, but I was reassured by my NFP teachers that mucous while breastfeeding can be pretty common.

Mom of three (1st baby girl born at home in the water 12/16/09 ), lactation consultant and doula. Always in search of more information!
#4 of 7 Old 07-26-2005, 08:23 AM

This is v. reassuring to me... I've been having patches of EWCM, I had some pink streaking with it one day, and I even spotted one day... but nothing else. I still don't think I'll make it much past six months without AF, though, as ds sleeps long stretches at night. You win some, you lose some...

Kash, homeschooling mommy to Gillian (8/5/00) and Jacob (3/23/05)
and Brigid Eleanor (11/20/08)
#5 of 7 Old 07-26-2005, 09:03 PM

My cycle returned at almost 8 months pp. and has been quite regular since then, oddly enough. I was expecting to go over a year without AF, since DS is a champion nurser, day and night.

I had signs of returning cycles at about 6 months pp. Even bouts of PMS, without bleeding.

Now, I know when I am fertile because I get terribly sore nips for about a week right before AF. It was so bad at first that I could barely nurse. I read kellymom.com and sure enough, sore nipples at certain times during the month are a side effect of ovulation for some women. Interesting.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#6 of 7 Old 07-29-2005, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing! Looks as if I have hope yet...

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#7 of 7 Old 08-02-2005, 07:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I too was lookign for this this! Thank goodness I found it. I thought I was the only one. I've had ewcm or pink-streaked fluid for a while and I've spotted a few times already and dd is not yet 7months. : We are co-sleeping, slinging, and exclusively bf'ing(TASTING solids but she rarely gets more than one bite in before she spits it all back at me! :LOL ), no bottles. She does like her binky but it in no way diminishes her nursing time. She nurses to sleep, comfort nurses throughout the day in addition to feedings, nurses several times a night, etc. Yet all the signs of returning fertility. Thank goodness I'm not the only one showing the signs without AF's return. If I hadn't had the IUD I'd be concerned just going on those symptoms(no other preg signs though, I'm pretty sure I'm not preg).

Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page