Natal Lunar Phase Fertile Time?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2005, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A friend sent me this link: Natal Lunar Phase Fertile Time

What do you think, is it legit or a bunch of BS?

I will admit it is interesting to read about. My friend found it particularly intriguing b/c she had a PG that occurred several days after her chart showed ovulation--long enough that she should have been infertile--and according to this website she got PG during her lunar fertile time. However, I had one PG that occurred at an unexpected time (I definitely was fertile and O'ed but not at the time of my cycle when I was expecting it to occur) and from what I can deduce from moon phase calculators like this that O didn't fall in my lunar fertile time...

So I dunno, I am skeptical. Especially since to get any more information you have to pay them $$. Anyone else have any thoughts?

ETA: Found more articles, there are lots if you google it but they pretty much all say the same thing. Here's a few: Your Lunar Fertile Cycle
Astrology and Fertility
Periods and Moons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2005, 05:10 AM

This is the method I used to avoid conception for over 10 years, and it's the methid I used to conceive last year :-) So DS doesn't think it's BS ;-) That said, I duno what this site is claiming. To tired to read through it, just wanted to discuss the basics.

I've been studying astrology most of my life. It's a simple formula and theory: You're fertile when the moon is in the same phase it was in when you were born. eg: I was born just after the moon waxed full, so we avoid the 3 days before and of the full moon. That's the basic jist. The rhythm method but using the lunar rythm.

Good Luck!

Beth
Old 12-01-2005, 04:16 AM

I'm so glad someone else is interested in this!

I've responded a few times at the end of this thread:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...2&page=1&pp=20

I have a (free) personalized fertility report from
http://www.cosmitec-astrological-com...rder-form.html
so I know when I am potentially fertile according to the moon and if I conceived at that time what gender my child would be. What I'm looking for is a calendar that shows me what gender my child would be if conceived on any day of the year. The calendar here
http://www.lunarliving.org/calendars/moon12_2005.html
doesn't show 2006, but it does show the moon sign. I'm most interested in Feb '06 on. If anyone knows how to figure this out I'd be quite grateful!

In terms of how much I believe in this method....I figure it can't hurt to try and it is something to obsess over while TTC that doesn't cost anything. I'm all for it!

And I want to let everyone know who may read my posts on the thread I linked to, that I have decided that twins would be too much for me I was kind of in a twin obsession mode a few months ago

Laura
Old 12-01-2005, 01:54 PM

The gender theory is that your baby will be the gender of the moonsign under which they were concieved.

Using myself as an example:

I'm fertile during the full moon. That makes it easy for me lol. Te moon is full when the sun and moon are in opposite signs. We concieved on the Full moon in Leo. The moon sign was Aquarius, a masculine sign. We had a boy :-)

More later!

Beth
Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 AM

Does anyone know how to find out what phase the moon was in when you were born. I find this very interesting.

Wife to one. Mama to 5.

User Tag List