Charting, Trying, Hoping to Avoid: June 2006 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 100 Old 06-15-2006, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! It's me again with a question this time!

I've had my third af since they started again a few months ago. I've been charting temps and some cm.

My first cycle was relatively "normal" in length and my coverline is the same as it was pre-pregnancy. The second one was weird with some anovulatory bleeding in the middle but then I did O later and had a regular period after that.

But since that period my temps have not gone down (they are way over my coverline) and I'm on day 20 or so...I had charted a bit pre-pregnancy and my temp patterns were always the same, below the coverline before o and above it afterwards. But this time I have had only one or two temps below the coverline since my period. It usually goes down to pre-o temps a few days after af but not this time.

Could the summer heat have any effect? Has this happened to any of you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 100 Old 06-16-2006, 01:35 PM

Mars: Sure your not pg? : I know its NOMB, but just thought I'd throw that out there. When we got pg with DS, I had a "period" that I now think was implantation bleeding.

28-year-old SAH/Homeschooling Mamma to DS5, DD3, DS16mo. Helpmeet to DH since 2003. TTC #4!
#63 of 100 Old 06-16-2006, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc
Can someone please peek at my chart and see what you think... I had some strange signs this cycle, it's the first time I've even come close to maybe ovulating (9 months post-Depo) and of course I was less diligent about temping than I should have been. :

FF says I O'ed two weeks ago, which makes sense based on the temp shift and the fact that af came today, but I had EW and watery CM hardcore AFTER that and none before. Plus, the temp shift wasn't huge.

Compare it to the previous chart... see how erratic my temps were? I wonder if I had temped every day if there would have even been a shift.

Nothing urgent really, just wondering if anyone has an opinion on if and when I actually did O. Or why I got af twice in one cycle.

TIA!!
It looks like maybe you O'd on day 39 and had a very short luteal phase. It's also possible that you haven't O'd yet at all. As far as "getting AF twice in one cycle" well, it's possible that neither one was truly AF since you may not have ovulated last month. If you did ovulate (possible around day 36) then the first one was truly menstruation and the second was "mid cycle bleeding." One thing that IS consistent between the 2 charts is the 7 days between the last fertile CM and the beginning of bleeding.

Most likely, I'd guess that you haven't ovulated yet, but your body is gearing up towards it.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#64 of 100 Old 06-16-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwomantomars
Hi! It's me again with a question this time!

I've had my third af since they started again a few months ago. I've been charting temps and some cm.

My first cycle was relatively "normal" in length and my coverline is the same as it was pre-pregnancy. The second one was weird with some anovulatory bleeding in the middle but then I did O later and had a regular period after that.

But since that period my temps have not gone down (they are way over my coverline) and I'm on day 20 or so...I had charted a bit pre-pregnancy and my temp patterns were always the same, below the coverline before o and above it afterwards. But this time I have had only one or two temps below the coverline since my period. It usually goes down to pre-o temps a few days after af but not this time.

Could the summer heat have any effect? Has this happened to any of you?

If I recall correctly, in the Art of NFP, they say that if you have a high temp for over 17 days, you can assume you are pregnant. Not knowing what your chart looks like, I think if it were me, I'd do a test, just for my peace of mind.
#65 of 100 Old 06-16-2006, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi there, Im new! Fresh off of hormonal BC (Nuva Ring), hubby and I have decided to give up the hormonal BC for good (despite my doctor's urgings, lol).

So we are going to SLOWLY and GRADUALLY eaaaaassssseee our way into FAM and NFP

Im still learning, i have to read all the books and what not, so im a little intimidated. I'll try to read through this thread while reading the books so that i can match real world experiences with the text.

Im kinda excited to learn tho! I just hope I dont mess up, well, it wouldnt be the end of the world, just a wonderful baby, lol.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#66 of 100 Old 06-17-2006, 04:06 PM

hope you don't mind me joining you

Ds is only 2 months old and EBF, but sleeping through the night most nights (yes I'm very lucky ) and I'm having some occasional fertile CM this last week. I got my first PPAF with dd at 3 months pp, but didn't have regular cycles until she was a year old. We didn't use any BC after she was born at all and then ended up TTC when she was a year, then got preg 4 months later. We are HTA for an indefinite time, probably at least a year, maybe 2. I'd love a third dc but not with a little baby and a 2 yr old Its really important to me that ds gets to nurse as much as he wants for at least the first year, since I know when I get pg my milk supply dries up. So I'll keep track of fertile CM for a little bit and see if I think I need to start temping too.

We did end up dtd last night and then *afterwards* remembered that we had said we should use a condom right now since I've had EWCM the past 3 days Dh joked "well, we'll find out if we screwed up in 9 months, right?". I know the chances of pregnancy are super low right now, but I don't want to have any surprises quite yet. I can't imagine I'd really be fertile this early.

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#67 of 100 Old 06-18-2006, 05:55 PM

Hi there!

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#68 of 100 Old 06-19-2006, 09:34 AM

Welcome Rebecca!

And Brownlioness! I'm so excited for you!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#69 of 100 Old 06-20-2006, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla
It looks like maybe you O'd on day 39 and had a very short luteal phase. It's also possible that you haven't O'd yet at all. As far as "getting AF twice in one cycle" well, it's possible that neither one was truly AF since you may not have ovulated last month. If you did ovulate (possible around day 36) then the first one was truly menstruation and the second was "mid cycle bleeding." One thing that IS consistent between the 2 charts is the 7 days between the last fertile CM and the beginning of bleeding.

Most likely, I'd guess that you haven't ovulated yet, but your body is gearing up towards it.
Thanks Ruth and Firstwomantomars!! This af has been funky too -- only about 2 days of moderate bleeding and a teensy bit of spotting, so I will probably get hit hard in about a week, during the four days that the new boy and I will be in the same state at the same time.

At least it's nice to know that I am slowly but surely returning to normal!

Firstwoman -- I have always had long (natural) cycles. I had been on hormonal bc for about 8 years (4 pill, 4 depo) so it's understandable that I'd be out of whack for a long time after... I was a little afraid that I've never ovulated but then I remembered I used to get EWCM back in the day so I guess it was OK.
#70 of 100 Old 06-20-2006, 01:18 AM

I think I finally have an egg!!!

I have been somewhat sick or hte last three days and I don't know if my higher temps are from being sick (one of them obviously is), or if I truly did O. I feel great today and my temps are still good and high so I'm assuming I did actually drop an eggie. *Yahoo!* Seven more days till I POAS!

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#71 of 100 Old 06-20-2006, 01:27 AM

awww, thanks Cking

#72 of 100 Old 06-21-2006, 12:18 AM

Oh girls...sorry I've been a bit of a lurker, my life is crazy right now. DD finally started sleeping thru the night (at nearly 15 months!) so I figured that would help out a bit with charting, etc. But honestly, I have no idea what is going on. I printed off some charting sheets to get started, but they don't even have the temps go as low as mine do (96.1? Is it possible to be that cold?) I guess I'm just getting frustrated. I had some EWCM the other day, and was excited that I recognized it, but as far as I can tell from my temps, nothing has really happened since then. I know that since this is my first PP cycle things are bound to be weird, but I guess I'm just finding this all a little confusing. I can't wait til my books get here!!
#73 of 100 Old 06-21-2006, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Lydia (my MIL shares your name!) I used to just take a pencil and change the #s as needed. The garden of fertility website has low temp charts but they only go down to 96.9.

After a while I gave up the paper charts and just use fertility friend now (I print them off each cycle to keep for my records).. that way I don't have to make any copies or alter any #s.
#74 of 100 Old 06-21-2006, 03:32 PM

Lydia-

I have been charting my af for years and years, but just last week I started to temp. Tuesday morning it was 96.1, just like yours! We can't both have measured the exact same temp and have it be wrong, could we?? I am really new to this whole taking your temp thing. I'm trying!

Part-Time WOHM/Full-Time WAHM to 2 little sweeties PEANUT(2yo) & BUGS(8mos)
Check out my Homepage!:
#75 of 100 Old 06-21-2006, 03:48 PM

Hi Ladies ~ I think I might have contributed to the last thread on this. Maybe it was this one. *shrug*

We've been charting my cycles since October of 2005. We've done well so far with the exception of May when we thought we were pregnant because my temps remained above the coverline for over 18 days. I ended up getting my period, but we thought for sure we were pregnant. We went through the whole range of emotions. At first we didn't want to be pregnant, looked into certain herbs to bring on my moon, told the soul that it wasn't the right time. Then I kind of got to liking the idea of being pregnant again and was getting that special feeling you get when you're pregnant. I was sad, disappointed, relieved when my moon came. We think it might have been a miscarriage, but it was so early. Who knows.

I was also gonna say to Char, that it looks as though you might be pregnant, if you haven't tested yet you might want to!

Nice to be in a group of women who are charting! I love it!
#76 of 100 Old 06-22-2006, 01:39 PM

Texaspeach:

On fertility friend, it says that charting can be used for avoiding pregnancy, but fertility friend is not to be used for that purpose, and you might get preg, etc. But isn't that only if you listen to their advice about when to have sex? I'm assuming that charting = charting, whether it be on fertility friend or on paper. Is there something I'm missing though?
#77 of 100 Old 06-22-2006, 01:42 PM

R8chel:

Well good, I guess I always thought people were perfectly 98 degrees at all times until I started charting, haha. Its really interesting to me though that I have such low temps that they aren't even on the charts!! I'm still nursing though, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Speaking of nursing, my daughter just recently started sleeping thru the night after I got my first ppaf. Do you think that has something to do with it? She is now completely happy going to bed in her own bed and sleeping thru til morning. While thats nice for charting and bbt, I'm wondering if she doesn't like my bm anymore because of AF? Has anyone else experienced this? I guess its probably more of a bfing question, maybe I'll post it over there...
#78 of 100 Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 AM

The lowest temp I ever had was 93.0. I was absolutely certain that it was a mistake, but it wasn't. Three days later, FF told me that I"d ovulated, and I knew that I was pregnant; 8 months later, I had a beautiful baby Bella in my arms.

#79 of 100 Old 06-23-2006, 10:21 AM

Very low basal temps can indicate low thyroid function.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19 (in Israel for another school year), Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 12(homeschooled)
#80 of 100 Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 AM

I'm getting low temps...I'm going to check my thyroid function. Thanks for the reminder Ruthla.
#81 of 100 Old 06-23-2006, 11:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaJW
Texaspeach:

On fertility friend, it says that charting can be used for avoiding pregnancy, but fertility friend is not to be used for that purpose, and you might get preg, etc. But isn't that only if you listen to their advice about when to have sex? I'm assuming that charting = charting, whether it be on fertility friend or on paper. Is there something I'm missing though?
As far as I know, you're right on it. I think that is just to cover their behinds so no one sues them because they got pregnant! I don't use their forums or any of the other services. Basicly I just use it as a nice place to keep my charts and over ride any of their interpretations I don't agree with. There have been quite a few times where FF said I ovulated and I didn't, or vice versa. You can't really trust a computer program to get it right every time, even ovusoft and that's designed for TTA
#82 of 100 Old 06-25-2006, 08:48 AM

Yes, I've found myself overriding fertilityfriend as well. There have been times where their interpretation has disagreed with mine--where I know I've ovulated and they don't think I have. I also don't use anything on fertilityfriend except the charts. Mostly cause I'd never be up to date with a paper chart, but with fertility friend I can chart my temp whenever I remember to do it, cause I'm always near a computer (one of the hazards of working in a public library!) but I'd often not be near my charts (unless I carried them around with me!).

Anyway, a question. Same exact temp 4 days in a row. I'm right around O, but the temp is just in between my normal pre-O and post-O temps, not quite as high as my normal post-O temps, but about 0.3 F higher than my normal pre-O. Fertilityfriend hasn't said I've O'd yet, and I'm not sure if I have or not (I'm no good at CP, and CM has been hard to read this month too). I normally have a pre-O temp dip, which doesn't seem to be showing this time around either. Should I be checking my thermometer do you think? I don't think I've ever had 4 days in a row of the same temp before! I think if I get same temp for one more day, I'm replacing the thermometer battery regardless.
#83 of 100 Old 06-25-2006, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
subbing...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#84 of 100 Old 06-26-2006, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison

Anyway, a question. Same exact temp 4 days in a row... Should I be checking my thermometer do you think? I don't think I've ever had 4 days in a row of the same temp before! I think if I get same temp for one more day, I'm replacing the thermometer battery regardless.
If that is weird for you, yeah, check up on your thermometer. I frequently get a full week of all the same temps.

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#85 of 100 Old 06-26-2006, 01:19 PM

One way to test your thermometer is to take your temp another time of day (in addition to taking it first thing in the morning.) It should be higher later in the day than first thing in the morning- if it's showing the same exact temp, then your thermometer is broken!

#86 of 100 Old 06-27-2006, 01:55 AM

Ok, i know that a chart is a chart is a chart, but is there ANY other website other than fertility friend that offers the same service? I feel a little uneasy using a site that tells me that only those trying to conceive should chart...it's really intimidating to someone who is new to charting and i dont wanna freak hubby out, lol.

edit: Nevermind, I see the post earlier about the hormonal forcaster, lol.

#87 of 100 Old 06-27-2006, 03:48 PM

I'm really enjoying the hormonal forecaster, but still getting used to it. I don't know if I "trust" it's answers.

#88 of 100 Old 06-27-2006, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

oh my! I think I might have a 28 day cycle this time around. That just destroys my theory that I was going to level out at 31-33 days. : In all of my memory of having a natural period, I don't recall ever having a 28 day cycle. We'll see if my temp stays up and proves ovulation.

Brown Lioness I don't know if anyone has mentioned mymonthlycycles.com. I don't think they offer chart interpretation, but it's not geared toward ttc or tta. I know you can enter in your BBT and CM and everything, just not sure if they give you an o date or coverline.
#89 of 100 Old 06-27-2006, 11:47 PM

I had my first full cycle last month. It was pretty, well, it was different after not seeing AF for almost 3 years! I have charted my cycles, when they happen, for the last 8, almost 9 years. It's interesting to me how my CM changes over the course of a cycle.

I've never used a computer based chart. I learned NFP through a Couple to Couple League Class, and just use the charts I got through them. I've found them to be thorough and pretty easy to use.
#90 of 100 Old 06-28-2006, 12:10 AM

Thanks Texaspeach!, I'm checking that site out too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page