Charting, Trying, Hoping to Avoid: June 2006 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 100 Old 06-29-2006, 02:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've overridden FF before too. Even a little thing, like deleting a temp instead of telling it to discard it, will sometimes change FF's interpretation of your O date. So no, I don't completely trust it. Like this month, my temps have been really strange, and FF told me I O'ed 3 days ago but my other signs are following my normal pattern so I'm pretty sure I haven't O'ed yet, or just did today.
#92 of 100 Old 06-29-2006, 02:54 AM

Another question: Has anyone else had a cycle where your body just did not click like it normally does? As in, all the signs are not working together or are not what you're used to seeing... And if so, did you ever figure out why? Are some cycles just a lost cause?

Or maybe someone else can look at my : and make sense of it. I've never had a cycle where my temps look like this. They basically always settle down between 96.2 to 96.9 until I O and then go to 97.1 to 97.5 after I O. I tried to discard the wonky temps but then I didn't have any left. Even my DH is asking what is up with my temps. Thoughts?
#93 of 100 Old 06-29-2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover Hippie
Another question: Has anyone else had a cycle where your body just did not click like it normally does? As in, all the signs are not working together or are not what you're used to seeing... And if so, did you ever figure out why? Are some cycles just a lost cause?

Or maybe someone else can look at my : and make sense of it. I've never had a cycle where my temps look like this. They basically always settle down between 96.2 to 96.9 until I O and then go to 97.1 to 97.5 after I O. I tried to discard the wonky temps but then I didn't have any left. Even my DH is asking what is up with my temps. Thoughts?
So not an expert, but I vote anovulatory or ovulated late in your chart (like 22nd or so) and can't find the trend yet.

I have a lot of anovulatory cycles and they suck, it is tough to tell my fertility and can drive the cycles longer. When I do ovulate they tend to be 31 days long, anovulatory more like 34-37. I'm sure this is because of all the nursing. I'm in no rush to get pregnant again; anovulatory cycles don't bother me that way...they bother me because it is tough to tell when my safe days are. Last night was so frustrating, I couldn't tell if I ovulated two days ago or not so we had to treat it as fertile .

Mama, homeschooler, midwife. DD (13yo), DS (11yo), DD (8yo), DD (3yo), somebody new coming in November 2013.

#94 of 100 Old 06-29-2006, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikirj
So not an expert, but I vote anovulatory or ovulated late in your chart (like 22nd or so) and can't find the trend yet.

I have a lot of anovulatory cycles and they suck, it is tough to tell my fertility and can drive the cycles longer. When I do ovulate they tend to be 31 days long, anovulatory more like 34-37. I'm sure this is because of all the nursing. I'm in no rush to get pregnant again; anovulatory cycles don't bother me that way...they bother me because it is tough to tell when my safe days are. Last night was so frustrating, I couldn't tell if I ovulated two days ago or not so we had to treat it as fertile .
I think one more day will tell if it's anovulatory or if I ovulated on CD 22. If it stays above 97.2 then I can discard Friday and Monday's temps, then I could set a coverline at 96.9 and say I O'ed between CD 21-22. If it drops again... then anovulatory it is! LOL.

I've never had an anovulatory cycle since my PP AF returned or when I charted between kids. This is a new experience for me!
#95 of 100 Old 06-29-2006, 03:19 PM

since anovulatory cycles has come up...

can someone remind me how pp af can be "off" (so to say) because of anovulation? So far I've had one cycle. If I remember correctly, pp af cycles can go a bit longer than pre-pregnancy cycles, correct?
#96 of 100 Old 06-29-2006, 03:38 PM

I don't know much about anovulatory cycles, or charting while BFing or even pp af (sorry, what am I doing here? .

Tara, my guess is that some of your high temps are off, and that your coverline is around 97.0, and maybe O was on CD 20 or 21.

So, speaking of overriding FF, does anyone know how to change your O date? Or do you just have to manipulate data until you get the date you know is right? . Here’s my : – last month I know I O’d on the 10th, and I had a 12 day LP, which is normal for me. FF is saying I o’d on the 8th with a 14-day LP.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#97 of 100 Old 06-29-2006, 06:04 PM

heket, I know some people have PPAFs that settle immediately into their old pattern but it's taking a while for me. The first few cycles were longer, many many days of EWCM as my body tried to O, and my LP was really short. 8 months later they look closer to "normal" each month. Except for this month.

cking, I think there's actually a manual override on FF but I can't remember where it is. If I find it I'll post again. ETA: It's the last option under analysis: "Tuning/override."
#98 of 100 Old 07-13-2006, 11:00 AM

I've only been lurking lately, but now need some help. My lp before my last birth in Feb 05 my luteal phase was always 11 days. Any O was anywhere from cd 16 to 35??? But now, my lp is all messed up. I just started charting again in March, and looks like the 1st cycle was annovulatory, followed by a 6 day lp in April. In May my lp was 10 days, and now June I only had a 9 day lp????? It has never varied even by a day, and now its all wacky!!

O day is relatively usual, around 20-23 the last 3 months. Any clue why my cycle's all outta wack? I weaned about 7 months ago, and nothing else has changed. Could the birth of my last child messed things up??

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#99 of 100 Old 07-13-2006, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover Hippie

I vote for "it was an anovulatory cycle."

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#100 of 100 Old 07-13-2006, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy420
I've only been lurking lately, but now need some help. My lp before my last birth in Feb 05 my luteal phase was always 11 days. Any O was anywhere from cd 16 to 35??? But now, my lp is all messed up. I just started charting again in March, and looks like the 1st cycle was annovulatory, followed by a 6 day lp in April. In May my lp was 10 days, and now June I only had a 9 day lp????? It has never varied even by a day, and now its all wacky!!

O day is relatively usual, around 20-23 the last 3 months. Any clue why my cycle's all outta wack? I weaned about 7 months ago, and nothing else has changed. Could the birth of my last child messed things up??
With your lp that variable, I would guess that either you haven't been ovulating at all, or your body is slowly regaining a sense of "normal." 9-10 days is close enough to be "normal" ie maybe you calculated O off by one day one of those months, or you O'd earlier in the day for the 9 day lp and later in the day for the 10 day lp. To have your very first lp after anovulatory cycles be only 6 days is also well within the range of normal.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page