Charting with NFP for religious reasons? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2006, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
catholic nfp, CCL all the way. i just had baby number 4 and really want to avoid! emotionally am not ready to get pregnant anytime soon. this is such a hard time to chart. i dont know where to start. i had what seemed like a period but it could have been my body still dealing with Post pardom stuff. ??? need to call CCL and join back up.

Angela: Catholic Homeschooling Mom to Sierra(11/00), twins Addison & Kendall(3/03), Jack(4/06), Brielle (7/08), Levi (2/2011); due with#7 (9/13). Birthed every witch way.....hospital. C section. VbAC. Unassisted water birth (hypno/painless). Assisted waterbirth to an almost 10lber! (Not painless!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2006, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Carmel23 - You mentioned something earlier about taking classes with an OB vs. a teaching couple. When deciding what to do DH and I felt a bit uncomfortable about taking a class with a couple so we looked at the doctor route. We found a doctor but she charged over $70 per hour!!!!! So we found a class that was being taught in a group setting it was quite nice. Maybe there is something like that in your area.

I'd also love a Catholic NFP thread.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Old 08-09-2006, 11:03 AM

A friend of mine just started a crunchy Catholic mamas yahoogroup
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/crunchycathmamas/
Old 08-09-2006, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfpmom
A friend of mine just started a crunchy Catholic mamas yahoogroup
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/crunchycathmamas/
Very cool! I'm joining! see you there...

hh2.gif  ~~~~~~~~~~hh2.gif

Old 08-31-2013, 03:10 AM

I convert to catholic church 2011.. As such we do strict NFP (abstinance during fertile times.

We have 2 girls and a boy

Angelika
Lena: 06/21/2010, Maria: 12/24/2011
Felix: 01/01/2013
EDD:09/12/2014
Old 09-04-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousk View Post

We're Catholic NFP'ers too....although I wouldn't say that we follow all the rules. We indulge in 'phase 2 fun' (oral) but definitely no barrier methods and no hormones. After three years of charting to avoid we are finally charting to conceive.

We took the home study course through CCLI and didn't have any problems getting started - it's definitely been the best method for us and we will stick with it. It took DH some time to come around (our marriage prep courses caused him to really doubt the effectiveness - he called it 'propaganda') but after he did his own research on BC in general he realized it was the most effective method and that's when we started using it.

let me know what your man read on this!  i would love to get my man more on board.

We're christian (denominationally challenged....) and have come around to the NFP through a circuitous route.  we've had five kids in 7 years, and honestly find that the best way for us to be supported as a couple, family, and people is through the catholic model.  we spaced our 5th one through that route and would like to have a nice gap to consider having more or possibly being done and working on caring for the amazing kids we have.  

we didn't start on NFP b/c we thought all other forms of birth control weren't respectful of marriage and the body, but we're really coming around to that way of thinking for ourselves!  just hubby needs a little more awareness.  when it's irritating to him, he is not very supportive.  he still holds some idea that there is an 'easier' way!  

so NFP for religious reasons?  yes.  any other methods being used?  nope, not any more.  we used FAM to ease into NFP.  but had 2 surprises that way.  and we're pretty stuck in the NFP model, now to conquer PMS!!!

joy.gifSAHM and Holistic Health Counselor with  angel.gif 1/05, DS1 blahblah.gif 3/06, angel1.gif 5/07, DD1 dust.gif 3/08, DD2 thumbsuck.gif 11/09, DD3 energy.gif 4/11, and DS2 babyf.gif 2/13.  expecting a surprise stork-suprise.gif 8/14!

User Tag List