NFPrs- can you feel ovulation happening? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-13-2006, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
because I think I did last month and I was wondering if I was hallucinating. It felt like a sharp prick right where my ovary would be and it was on day 14. I was wondering if other people notice when they ovulate and if this is a reliable cue...?
#2 of 11 Old 11-13-2006, 07:51 PM

Some women feel "ovulation pain" but it can occur before, during, or after ovulation and is not a reliable cue. It can add to your overall fertility awareness but should not be relied upon for determining the beginning or end of the fertile phase.

--Jessica

Mom to Dom age 11, Joe age 7, and baby Maddie. love.gif

#3 of 11 Old 11-13-2006, 08:38 PM

Not all woman ovulate on cd 14 either it varies greatly even if you have a 28 day cycle ever single month you may O days sooner or later than day 14.

I have felt O pain since I started AF at 15 back then tho I would actually hurt so bad with O that I almost ended up in the ER a couple times.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 11 Old 11-13-2006, 09:38 PM

I get a tender, pinching sensation about two days before my temp rise. I don't get it every month, so I don't think it's a reliable sign, especially if you're charting to avoid. If your TTC though and you feel the pain it might be helpful in timing bd
#5 of 11 Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 PM

I get cramping for about 13 hours, usually on Sunday night of CD 13, through Tuesday morning of CD 15. It is always on my right side, pretty low down, and eventually spreads all the way across. I am trying to figure out when I actually O, but I don't chart/temp so it's hard to know! I keep assuming I ovulate on CD 14 and the Sunday and Tues pain are before and after!! But I don't know if that's the correct assumption.
#6 of 11 Old 11-17-2006, 02:00 PM

Oh yes...middlesmertz. I get it every month. Not like you are describing but HUGE cramping. Sometimes to the point that I cant stand up. This month the cramps resonated in my lower back and caused some restless leg syndrome. I was a basket case.

For me I believe the pain if right before ovulation. My guess is the follicle swelling is what is doing it. :
#7 of 11 Old 11-17-2006, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candipooh View Post
Oh yes...middlesmertz. I get it every month. Not like you are describing but HUGE cramping. Sometimes to the point that I cant stand up. This month the cramps resonated in my lower back and caused some restless leg syndrome. I was a basket case.

For me I believe the pain if right before ovulation. My guess is the follicle swelling is what is doing it. :
Yeah, mine is pretty bad also. Waaaay worse than the period cramps that come 2 weeks later. But this pain has only gotten bad since giving birth to #2. I wonder what that's about...

candipooh, if you think your pain is the follicle swelling before O, hmm..., maybe mine is, too. How long does yours last?
#8 of 11 Old 11-17-2006, 02:22 PM

I get it every month too... I often have wondered if I get it before or after ovulation as well!!

I think it's before and then ends once the egg releases, but I could be wrong. : For me it's a gradual ache, starts dull then increases alot and then decreases again to nothing. This month I thought I had O'd earlier than usual, but then we bd'd on cd13 and during/after bd I had similar types of O feeling pains -woke up the next morning and it litterally hurt to walk on my right leg and put pressure on it... by mid morning it was gone? I don't know if that is what it was, but I am secretly hoping it was later.
#9 of 11 Old 11-27-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachma View Post
Yeah, mine is pretty bad also. Waaaay worse than the period cramps that come 2 weeks later. But this pain has only gotten bad since giving birth to #2. I wonder what that's about...

candipooh, if you think your pain is the follicle swelling before O, hmm..., maybe mine is, too. How long does yours last?

Sorry it took so long to answer I wasn't on the computer much.

It depends. I can have pain for a few days but the day of O is really bad. If I had to guess a time I would say 4 hours at most for the really bad I can't even stand up and I wanna cry pain. And the after that pain is over it feels like a sore musule. Like the follicle did it's thing and now it is sore after doing it's swelling and the relesing the egg.
#10 of 11 Old 11-27-2006, 03:47 PM

Some months I feel it, it HURTS, and others I cant. It hasnt been a reliable sign for me.
#11 of 11 Old 11-27-2006, 08:57 PM

i always get a crampy, bloated feeling. almost like gas. i also never ovulate on day 14- but more like day 18 or 19.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page