TTC in 2007 - Babes in waiting... - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 455 Old 03-19-2007, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
Do you know when you O'd? Because I didn't get a positive test for my ds until I was a full week late on my period. Turns out I ovulated late that month.

And even if you aren't pregnant, there's no shame in eating spicy buffalo wings at 10 AM
I don't chart but I always have a rough idea. Was about the 3rd, I believe, so that would mean 16 days ago (ish). Honestly, I am pretty clueless about my fertility patterns and fertility in general. DD was a surprise baby and since we weren't TTC yet, I haven't educated myself on it yet. If I ovulated 16 days ago would it have turned up by now? I just feel pregnant...tired, headache, weird appetite. I think my subconscious is playing tricks on me!

Mother. Doula. Writer. Feminist. Activist. 
Mum to Moo Moo (4) blahblah.gifand EJ (2) bftoddler.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 455 Old 03-19-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitymama View Post
I don't chart but I always have a rough idea. Was about the 3rd, I believe, so that would mean 16 days ago (ish). Honestly, I am pretty clueless about my fertility patterns and fertility in general. DD was a surprise baby and since we weren't TTC yet, I haven't educated myself on it yet. If I ovulated 16 days ago would it have turned up by now? I just feel pregnant...tired, headache, weird appetite. I think my subconscious is playing tricks on me!
Well I would think that if you really are 16 dpo you would *most likely* have gotten a positive test. I think you can get a positive as early as 8 dpo. But there are always those little factors that could could make a difference, especially if you aren't charting--like if you were off by a day or two, if your body geared up to O but then stalled and didn't release an egg until several days or a week later, if you double ovulated this cycle, etc. A fluke like that is kind of what happened with ds--I always always ovulated about day 14 so I took it for granted then whoopsie! Ovulated day 25 one month.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#273 of 455 Old 03-22-2007, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hello Everyone!

I have been super busy, but wanted to stop in and see how everyone was! Our house is coming along pretty quickly! It's amazing how quickly things can move when you have a great builder. At this rate, it's possible that we could be in our new house in 5-8 weeks from now!

I will say that I am a bit worried that my hubby may change his mind about ttc for another child though this year. Especially given that we are increasing our mortgage substantially. I am really trying to keep this low key right now until we get settled in the new house... The sooner that we can get settled the better off we will be for sure! This will give us time to do house things before the month that I would like to start trying (August).

Please say some prayers that he will be on board come August!!
#274 of 455 Old 03-22-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantesia28 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I have been super busy, but wanted to stop in and see how everyone was! Our house is coming along pretty quickly! It's amazing how quickly things can move when you have a great builder. At this rate, it's possible that we could be in our new house in 5-8 weeks from now!

I will say that I am a bit worried that my hubby may change his mind about ttc for another child though this year. Especially given that we are increasing our mortgage substantially. I am really trying to keep this low key right now until we get settled in the new house... The sooner that we can get settled the better off we will be for sure! This will give us time to do house things before the month that I would like to start trying (August).

Please say some prayers that he will be on board come August!!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Things are OK here; I've lost track of what CD I'm on. I know it's 40-something and no AF in sight. I'm feeling really crabby about it because I am anxious to start a full month of charting and supplements so we can determine my fertility patterns and start TTC in May. I wanted to get 2 full practice cycles in but now it looks like there might only be one cycle between now and TTC. Or, I am worried that for some reason, after having a few months of regular 28 day cycles, I went back into lactational amenorrhea : I'm trying not to stress out about it because I know stress can delay your period but I am starting to get a little irritated. I POAS last Saturday and it was negative.

#275 of 455 Old 03-23-2007, 11:09 AM

Finally!! AF showed up this morning. Better late than never! Pulling out a new chart right now! : And since it was such a long cycle it looks like we might be waiting it out through this one cycle and TTC in the next one--depending on how long this cycle is. We'll see!!

#276 of 455 Old 03-24-2007, 09:09 AM

DH and I are going to TTC in late 2007. It feels kind of odd to be on a thread with people who are TTC right now, as we desperately want to wait until our daughter is at least a year old, which will be in September. But then, all bets are off and we're not using protection.

Good luck and hugs to all the TTC mamas (and everyone like me who is waiting).
#277 of 455 Old 03-24-2007, 09:14 PM

I went to yardsales and thrift stores today and found maternity clothes for $1-$2 a piece. It's fun hunting for cute clothes at such a bargain.
#278 of 455 Old 03-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Hubby and I are TTC for anytime this year. I just had my IUD removed last monday the 19th they told me not to worry about waiting and that I could start trying right away.

Does anyone have any info about how long it took for them to get pregnant after having one removed or how long it took for periods to return to normal??

namaste.gif Practicing medicine Mama to four beautiful children 
#279 of 455 Old 03-25-2007, 08:34 PM

Well, dh has sort of been on the fence about ttc for a third baby. Yesterday, he said that he was definitely sure now!! I'm not sure what changed his mind since I know he had been thinking our family was perfect the way it is!! I'm not sure if we'll be trying this month (af just ended) or wait until May which was our tentative ttc date. But wow! Now I'm really really excited! I was always sure we'd have another but thought the negotiations might have to go on for a while longer.
#280 of 455 Old 03-27-2007, 02:17 PM

Anyone else going crazy waiting??

We have decided to start ttc in July, and I CANNOT WAIT!

Seriously, it's just about all I think about. :
#281 of 455 Old 03-27-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pica View Post
Anyone else going crazy waiting??

We have decided to start ttc in July, and I CANNOT WAIT!

Seriously, it's just about all I think about. :
Oh, YAY! Someone who is as baby crazy as I am! DH and I will be TTC in Winter 08 and I'm LOSING it. LOL!
#282 of 455 Old 03-29-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantesia28 View Post
Ella Claire

Aubrey Claire

Do you like any of these and if so which ones?

I only have two boys names:

Kyler Anthony
Wow... I looove love love Aubrey and Ella, and Kyler, that is soooo awesome!! Good name picking!!
#283 of 455 Old 03-29-2007, 03:25 PM

I would loove to join this thread!! My hubby and I just started ttc this month. We hope it happens for us soon, of course, but well see.
#284 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 12:38 AM

This thread has been quiet. So anyone TTC this month and officially leaving this "wait" thread and joining the TTC thread?

Technically my IUD is supposed to come out next month! : The thought makes me a little nervous. It might not though. Dh applied for a new job and if he gets it we have to wait a month before the health insurance kicks in and I'd have to reschedule my appt.
#285 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Um...I kinda forgot about this thread - oops! I'm leaving the "wait" thread and going straight to the Dec DDC. : DH and I weren't going to try last month, but we made a decision in the heat of the moment and I got my first BFP on Sunday morning! Patience dust to everyone who's still waiting...

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#286 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 10:14 AM

Im ttc right now Ill know in a week or so, hopefully if this months efforts worked *fingers crossed*
#287 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 10:29 AM

The hubby and I, depending on finances--Are going to TTC in the winter. Here's hoping I can charm him into agreeing. :
#288 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 10:51 AM

We're now officially looking at August. Finally got DH fully on side. TTC in August with, hopefully, a May due date (that's the reason he wants to TTC in August, for some reason, it's better to have a birthday in May than any other month???). Anyway, I'm pleased with that. It means DS will be 5 when (if) the new baby comes along. And with a year long maternity leave, it means I will be off on mat leave when he starts school, in fact for most of his first school year, so I think that will be nice for him.
#289 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 AM

Whoopsie! I went to a baby shower on Sunday and was so excited about all the little baby things that dh and I decided to jump-start our TTC that night. So I guess I'm in the 2ww now to see if we are going to end up with a Christmas baby. It was just a one-time thing, though--I'm still hoping to hold off until next cycle.

#290 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 11:50 AM

I definately do not want a baby born in Dec, Jan, Feb, or even March.....so I'm waiting for sure.
#291 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I definately do not want a baby born in Dec, Jan, Feb, or even March.....so I'm waiting for sure.
We do NOT want a December born baby either (day after thanksgiving--ds--was hellacious enough) but we're so excited and that baby shower had me dying to fold and unfold tiny little newborn clothes again. : I just couldn't wait!!

#292 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
that baby shower had me dying to fold and unfold tiny little newborn clothes again. : I just couldn't wait!!
Aren't those baby clothes the worst?? I went through DD's a month ago when we were sorting out the basement & my uterus starting going thump thump THUMP!

I agree with PP's on the holiday time baby. We're waiting to ttc until July to aim for an April baby at the earliest.

Our main reason is so I can fly during a vacation planned for late January 2008. Only 3 more months to go!!! I CANNOT WAIT!:

I wanted to avoid a Dec baby with DD too (she was born in Oct)- we already have 3 family birthdays, our wedding anniversary plus Christmas etc. It's one crazy month already!!!
#293 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 03:23 PM

Well my DH was a DEC baby (28th) so we always said we wouldnt have one around that time. But look at us, TTC this month, lol and I really pray it works!

We decided it would be nice because we have so much family that comes down for the holidays and this way maybe everybody would get to see me pregnant and *hopefully* see the baby if they wanted to.

Also with DH I have always been good at making sure his bday stuff is seperate from Christmas stuff so that he doesnt feel like hes getting jipped, so I think we could pull it off, I just couldn't wait any longer...and who knows, it may not happen in the first month of TTC....but maybe...my best friend told me today that she had a dream that I was pregnant!! YAY!
#294 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Well, when my dh told me he was ready to have #3, I thought that meant we were still waiting till May at the earliest. And I assumed he would try to push it off till later in the summer. He meant he was ready now! LOL! So we started trying this month. I think I may have o'd yesterday, which would give me an edd of Christmas Day! Guess I should have figured that one out first! LOL! Oh, well. I always thought I'd try to avoid a holiday baby, too. I may not have o'd yet. I only chart cm, not temps, so who knows. I'll probably be able to tell in the next few days.
#295 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamama View Post
Well, when my dh told me he was ready to have #3, I thought that meant we were still waiting till May at the earliest. And I assumed he would try to push it off till later in the summer. He meant he was ready now! LOL! So we started trying this month. I think I may have o'd yesterday, which would give me an edd of Christmas Day! Guess I should have figured that one out first! LOL! Oh, well. I always thought I'd try to avoid a holiday baby, too. I may not have o'd yet. I only chart cm, not temps, so who knows. I'll probably be able to tell in the next few days.
Heehee, good luck! I hope Snata brings you something really cute, and pink this Christmas!!
#296 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 08:36 PM

Hi. we are officially supposed to start in August too. I am so excited. My ds is seven so it took us a long time to be in the position for another.

Shanese mom of 2ds
#297 of 455 Old 04-04-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valid28 View Post
Hi. we are officially supposed to start in August too. I am so excited. My ds is seven so it took us a long time to be in the position for another.
Aww...well good luck
#298 of 455 Old 04-05-2007, 12:43 AM

Congrats on your BFP Sihaya!!

I've been lurking on this thread, but thought I'd finally post. We *might* be starting TTC towards the end of 2007. My husband is ready when ever I am...and I have major baby fever...But... for the first time I have a job I really love, that really has potential to go somewhere, so I'm pretty torn. I don't want to wait much longer to ttc, but I don't want to give up this job either. Decisions, decisions...

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#299 of 455 Old 04-05-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
Congrats on your BFP Sihaya!!

I've been lurking on this thread, but thought I'd finally post. We *might* be starting TTC towards the end of 2007. My husband is ready when ever I am...and I have major baby fever...But... for the first time I have a job I really love, that really has potential to go somewhere, so I'm pretty torn. I don't want to wait much longer to ttc, but I don't want to give up this job either. Decisions, decisions...
I know your situation all too well. But I ultimately decided to go for ttc. I am doing both actually, but once I do have a baby I know work will slow down, but you gotta do what works for you and your life.
#300 of 455 Old 04-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Hey girls. It's been a while since I stopped by here and I'm glad some of us have started trying and already succeded! We'll be waiting till Nov/Dec. I'd love to start soon but it won't make sense until then for us. Right now I'm still just enjoying being with my wife and having a good last kid-free year. We leave for our first cruise in two weeks. So exited!

-Rachel

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page