TTC in 2007 - Babes in waiting... - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-25-2007, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tellera~

Welcome to this board/thread!! I am very happy for you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 09:33 PM

Welcome, Tellera. Don't worry we don't bite and we won't force you to TTC.

fantesia, congrats on the house and moving in. I'm glad your dd is ok.
As for hardwood....I just vacuum, and dry dust mop. If there is an actual spill or dirt caked on I just spot clean with a damp rag. It could not be easier to care for.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:19 AM

Fantesia, Congrats on the move and the house! Woo Hoo! I'm so glad your DD is going to be ok. I know that had to be a big relief off our shoulders.

Tellera, welcome to the thread. We have a great group of ladies here and it's normally not to hard to keep up. Feel free to chime in anytime with concerns and questions. We've all been through it, at least I have, lol.

-Rachel

Old 06-26-2007, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Interesting... just a dust cloth? Do you use any type of spray on the hardwood first? The issue that I have is I have streaks right now and they drive me nuts. I did try using some spray that I have and using the dry dust mop (it's a terry cloth pad on a stick). Is there a better kind of mop? I am probably making it more difficult than it is. I have a tendancy to do that at times.

Did you guys see my other post? My hubby has now decided he really doesn't want anymore kids. I am beside myself right now - I think I will have another serious talk with him and if that is that... then I need to move on.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:21 PM

Fantesia, I didn't see the other post but I'm really sorry to hear that your DH isn't wanting anymore and you are. Although I don't want to give you false hope, but sometimes people change their minds. You guys have a lot going on right now with the move and DD's scare. Maybe when things settle down he'll be a little more open to it. Either way reflect on what you DO have and not what you don't have, it will help.

-Rachel

Old 06-26-2007, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

I know... I am trying to focus on what we do have!!

It's just hard because he doesn't seem to understand... then add to that I feel like I am on a time schedule. If I can't conceive between now and September, I would really prefer to wait until the next year as I really want a spring/summer baby. I thought it might be a good opportunity for me to be home with my other kiddos over their summer vacation from school. BUT, I don't want to wait until next year - I am not getting any younger and my kids are getting older. I keep thinking if he doesn't agree now, then it will be too late. Why can't I be one of those couples that the WD method doesn't work for - it's worked for a total of 14 or 15 years for us (between kids).

Oh well... I figure that God knows what the "perfect plan" is and if he wants it to happen then it will.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:56 PM

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Fantesia -

I am leaning more and more to August/Sept TTC, because, similar to Fantesia, I would prefer a summer babe, no more winter newborn bundling for me...

Does anyone think about the dynamic of the sex of their kids? I kinda hope our second is a boy so that they would have that brother relationship, but then I hope it is a girl because I really, really want that mother/daughter relationship.

My son is so darn cute these days, he is having fun discovering his tongue - blowing raspberries, smacking his lips, touching his tongue to whatever he can find, including the cat. it's quite entertaining at times.

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif
Old 06-28-2007, 04:38 PM

I'm still here!

We're OFFICIALLY supposed to start ttc after my July cycle.
We're waiting until July b/c of travel plans next January - I'd prefer to travel in the 2nd trimester.

Then DH tried to convince me to start earlier, b/c a 3 month window felt like too much pressure

Well we DTD a few times this month, but I had a physical scheduled around O so had to abstain for 48 hours before.

I'm not too confident in my cycle (I don't chart), and technically we should go for it now until July AF, but I'm nervous! What if it does take first month? I'd much rather wait until July to guarantee I won't be any farther along than 6 months for our trip! I'm trying to stall DH right now .... what to do , what to do? :
Old 06-28-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellera View Post
Does anyone think about the dynamic of the sex of their kids?
I don't have any other children but I would prefer to have a little girl the first time around. I also think that if we do have two kids I'd like them to be of the same sex, just from my own experience with my sister. Our bond is so awesome. Although I have heard of brother and sister's being extremely tight also. So who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pica View Post
Then DH tried to convince me to start earlier, b/c a 3 month window felt like too much pressure

I'm trying to stall DH right now .... what to do , what to do? :
Glad you're still with us Pica! Good luck next month with TTC. I only wish I had this problem!

-Rachel

Old 06-28-2007, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Pica- Wow, I wish I had your problem!!! My husband has totally gone off on the other end and things he now doesn't want anymore. My heart is broken and I don't know what to even do at this point.

Good luck to you - I am sure you will catch the egg soon!!

I had a girl first and then a boy. My two really do love each other a lot!! I could see how it would be nice to have a boy first, then a girl so that the older brother could look after his little sister... I also see an advantage to two of the same sex too. Even though my sister and I are 9 years apart as we have gotten older we have gotten much closer.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellera View Post
Does anyone think about the dynamic of the sex of their kids?
We have a little girl, and although I'd be happy with either (ofcourse! : ) I think we'd like another girl!

DH is overwhelmed by rambuctious boys compared to our little studious girl & is pretty vocal about his preference!
I told him about cranberry juice & he's been buying it in boatloads!

Of course he admitted while we were pregnant with DD he was sort of hoping for a boy .

I told him "hoping" for a girl will pretty much guarantee him a son!

Fantasia28
- I'm not sure how long your DH has been feeling this way, but *maybe* in time he will change his mind. It took my DH a good 3 years to come around! I was ready for #2 a year ago, but he wasn't. You just don't know what the future may hold for you.

You're in my thoughts because I remember how hard it is wanting something your partner doesn't. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 AM

So how much cranberry is suggested? :
Old 06-29-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
So how much cranberry is suggested? :
This made me laugh!

I read about cranberry on one of the Shettles threads in ttc IIRC.

Personally, I drink a large glass of cranberry juice every morning, and I also take 1 daily cranberry pill (as per directions on bottle - apparently is equivalent to 1 glass of cranberry juice).

To be totally honest, my motivation has more to do with avoiding the frequent bladder infections I got last time we were ttc'ing (because of all that BD'ing & then not getting up to use the toilet immediately. )

I would lie in bed with a pillow under my hips thinking "swim, swim SWIM!!!!"

DH is more insistent on a girl than I am -- although the thought of another mini DD is sooooo tempting! :
Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pica View Post
DH is more insistent on a girl than I am -- although the thought of another mini DD is sooooo tempting! :
LOL - I'm just hoping to get knocked up at all this cycle, but OMG DH and I would *love* a girl. I dream of giving her pigtails and dressing her in overalls. :
Old 06-29-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrsgirl View Post
LOL - I'm just hoping to get knocked up at all this cycle, but OMG DH and I would *love* a girl. I dream of giving her pigtails and dressing her in overalls. :
OMG, that gave me the cutest little visual. I'm baby-gushing now!

-Rachel

Old 06-29-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
OMG, that gave me the cutest little visual. I'm baby-gushing now!
I am *so* not into pink.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:44 AM

Man, I gotta say the more I think about my sister's wedding the more I do not want to be pg for the wedding. I get *huge* when I'm pg. My face doubles in size from puffiness. My last pg I had horrible horrible acne on my face. So far my sister is looking at such cute little form fitting dresses for the bridemaids, but mine would have to be a cut to allow for my expanding self. The color will be cobalt blue or indigo...I'll look like a big blueberry. Also, the wedding will most likely be in MS in May outside. Um, hot anyone?

Maybe I should wait to TTC until June 2008? Now, had she become engaged just a month or two earlier I would have TTC'd right away so that the baby would have been born before this coming May. Now it's too late. I think April would be pushing it....

What do you think?

1) Try to get pg *NOW* (which would mean trying to get an appt for my IUD removal in the next couple days) and hope I conceive right away for an early April baby

2) TTC some time starting in the fall/winter so I'll be somewhere in the 2nd trimester for the wedding

3) TTC after the wedding in May so starting TTC in June 2008

I do not want to TTC in Feb, Mar, Apr, or May because of holidays and birthdays

Decisions decisions
Old 06-30-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:

What do you think?

1) Try to get pg *NOW* (which would mean trying to get an appt for my IUD removal in the next couple days) and hope I conceive right away for an early April baby

2) TTC some time starting in the fall/winter so I'll be somewhere in the 2nd trimester for the wedding

3) TTC after the wedding in May so starting TTC in June 2008
Why don't you try all 3? We all try to choose, but we don't always have precise control over it!

If it were me, and I waited until June 2008, but then had trouble conceiving, I'd be mad I waited so long to try.

I know it's a hard decision! :
Old 06-30-2007, 12:20 PM

I think what I'll do is skip choice #1. I don't think I want to travel with a baby just a few weeks old and deal with all the pp stuff at the wedding. Like engorgement, pp baby belly (who knows what size I'll be for the dress), baby possibly crying to be nursed during the ceremony. Plus, if I have any complications (heaven forbid) and have a c-section I would not want to be in a wedding just a few weeks post-op. Even worse would be if I had a sick baby needing to be in a hospital. Shudder to think of such things.....but there are never guarantees of a healthy mom or baby.

So, I think I'll TTC in late fall/ early winter so I'll be around 5 months or so at the wedding. If I don't conceive from Nov to Jan I'll wait until after the wedding and start again in June 2008.

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it! Until I change my mind.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:15 AM

So, I'm sitting here exhausted as heck from packing all day (we are moving tomorrow) and going "hmm, sex is sounding pretty good. wait, did I just think that?" I checked the calendar, likely ovulating lol. I told DH to stay away from me, even if I begged for it, heh. He doesn't like condoms (read that - won't use them) and I will never again use hormonal birth control. IUD is out of the question for my own ethical reasons. So, I sorta chart, but basically, we don't have sex much because of the "sorta charting" and well, we'd rather sleep. Oh, and I'm a fertile mertile, I think. I got pg with DS with a 5 day cut-off (based on "O" pain and u/s). : When I know we're safe, I'm really not that in the mood, funny that, heh.

We're going on vacation at the end of August and I do not want to be pg. Only because of the nausea; I'd be thick into it. Otherwise, I'd be all over him!!!! :

must. stay. away. August is a perfectly fine month. So is September.

KH - I think that's good timing!

I have a brother, but we are not terribly close. We are about 7 years apart, but that is not really the reason. We were close when he was growing up, but in his teens we grew apart. He is beginning to see that I am not just his big sister but a real live person now, though, and that he's one just like me, so we could be getting closer again as adults.

Lot's of thoughts and thanks to you all tonight. I will be w/o the internet for about a week from the move.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
So, I think I'll TTC in late fall/ early winter so I'll be around 5 months or so at the wedding. If I don't conceive from Nov to Jan I'll wait until after the wedding and start again in June 2008.

That's my plan and I'm sticking to it! Until I change my mind.
That was going to be my vote. I think there's always going to be something that comes up to make us say, "well maybe it's not the right time." Who knows, maybe we'll be buddies!

Tellera - Good luck with the move!!

Is anyone elses SO slightly (and unneccasarily, if I might add) wigging about money yet? DW say's her brain knows we're going to be ok but she's worried about us moving to one income, even though we are now only living on 1/4th of my income and will have a huge savings saved before we make that move. I know it's natural for them to worry about "providing" for a family but even before we TTC?

-Rachel

Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Hello-

So this weekend we had quite a few conversations about having another child. He is really adamant that he doesn’t want anymore kids. He is content with what he has, is concerned that he wouldn’t have enough love/attention to give to another child, is fine with having 1 boy/1girl and is concerned that someone would get left out as 2 is the “perfect” number to him. He is concerned about finances and has no desire to take kids to daycare or do diapers again.

So after he pointed everything out, every time something happened he made sure to say see this is another reason I don’t want another baby. He even went so far as to say if we keep having the discussion he will be calling the doctor to get fixed right away. I don’t think he is really going to do this, but it sounds like he is tired of talking about it. I did tell him that since I am not on BC and since he is so adamant that he doesn’t want anymore there is always a possibility that it could “accidentally” happen and if it did it would not be my fault as I don’t want to be on BC. I told him that it was his responsibility to make sure he took care of it and his way is withdrawal.

The funny thing is that they say WD is not 100% effective, but for us it has worked for a combine total of over 13 years. So I don’t expect any accidents with us as he is good at this method and I am convinced that there are not any sperm in the Pre-fluid. I know that we are fertile as we got preggo with my daughter easily and my son was one try, one month and bam, I was pregnant.

I don’t think I need to say anymore to him as he knows how much I want another child. I think I may say to him once more that I understand how he feels and I hope that he understands my feelings. I will also tell him that my feelings will not change anytime soon so if he changes his mind to let me know.

So this morning he calls and says the dog got out and is lost and he had to leave for work. I am now a basket case about this as we have a GREAT dog and I am so scared that someone will find her and try to keep her. She is a Golden and is an awesome dog and anyone would relish the chance to have a dog like her. I work an hour away so I can’t go home to look for her… I sure hope he is able to find her!!

So now top the fact that I am sad that we may not have anymore kids, now our dog is missing and I am a total basket case.

If anyone has any thoughts on how I can find a way to cope with this or maybe you have been in this situation before and have ideas, I would be interested in hearing them.

Thanks for listening!!
Old 07-02-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
That was going to be my vote. I think there's always going to be something that comes up to make us say, "well maybe it's not the right time." Who knows, maybe we'll be buddies!

Is anyone elses SO slightly (and unneccasarily, if I might add) wigging about money yet? DW say's her brain knows we're going to be ok but she's worried about us moving to one income, even though we are now only living on 1/4th of my income and will have a huge savings saved before we make that move. I know it's natural for them to worry about "providing" for a family but even before we TTC?
Yes, maybe we will be in the same DDC.

Worrying about money seems to always be on DH's mind. It's always on my mind though too. It's good though. It keeps you in check....just don't become obsessed.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:39 PM

Hello, I am now in my new home and have access to the internet. Thanks for the thoughts! The move was a PITA, but we are here, and now that we bought, I am never moving. No one to kick us out to convert to condos, no one to raise the rate ridiculously every freaking year.

As far as money, it is a worry. We live in a pretty expensive area of the country, to be close to my parents. They help us out a little. I talked with my dad recently about how I don't know how we will be able to afford another babe. I was basically asking for help. I never do this - I have been very independent in my financial life, maybe to an extreme. But we will need their help. Also, DH is HIDEOUS with money; I have realized I need to do everything, including monitor all bank and credit accounts. Once I got over being irritated about that, it's been ok, he picks up the slack where I leave it on other things. So, anyway, yeah, money.

Burtsgirl - you really sound like you have the financial part together, especially with the savings. It's natural to worry, but luckily, it seems like just anxiety for you guys since you are so together financially, which is great.

Fantesia - just hugs. I don't know what to say, it sounds so upsetting for you.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Well after a long talk this weekend, I really think that my DH has decided he does'nt want another one primarily because of the money. As you know we have a new house, double the house payment and one of his renters may be leaving their lease early (this money pays a large chunk of our house payment). We have other bills as well. I think he is worried about being able to afford everything and have another mouth in the house to feed. I do work as well, but things could get tight if the renters don't stay put or we don't find a replacement quickly. He also mentioned that he didn't want to do the baby stuff all over again... BUT, I asked him a question "how would you feel if we won the lottery". Would you want one then? He said well he might feel differently if money wasn't an issue, but it is.

I totally understand his feelings and I am trying to get myself to a place where I can be at peace with this. He did say that if I would stop talking about having a baby constantly he might not do the vasectomy. I guess making the appointment was his way of trying to say he is serious.

So, maybe he will change his mind in the future (if he doesn't get the V), but as our kids get older the least likely that might be. Our oldest is 14 and the youngest is 6 - If we wait too long then I think there will be way too much of a gap. For the record, I am 32 and DH is 34.

Oh, one more thing... he told him that he might consider letting me have another one if I agreed to get my tubes tied after the baby... What the heck?? Why would I do that when it's less invasive for him to do it. So I said, no way, it's a harder surgery for a women. He said, well I guess you don't want a baby that bad. I almost considered saying fine, I will... I guarantee I would change my mind after the baby though. I hate needles and surgery terrifies me. Heck, if I wanted to have surgery, I would get a boob job.

So... long story short, I guess I will be leaving this board for now. I wish all of you great and sucessful pregnancies in the coming year!!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Where is everybody at?

So... I think all the stress going on has delayed my AF this month!! : I am now on cd31 and no AF yet. I keep feeling like she's coming it's just not happening. This whole month has been a strange month though as I never totally pinpointed when I O'd and I usually always know when it happens - I am wondering if it might have be an anovulatory cycle. It's sounds weird as I am only 32, but I think that my cycles are starting to get much more wacky as I age.... I thought this wasn't supposed to happen until I was closer to 40.

At any rate, since I track ALL of my cycles I went back and looked and I had one other cycle that was 31 days in January and one in November of 2005 that was 30 days - most of my other cycles are 25-26 days apart with a few around 27 or 28 days. I am pretty sure that I will start tomorrow just in time for us to try to have fun at the lake. I am not looking forward to changing tampons while we are trying to relax (my flow is really heavy the first couple of days and I get pretty bad cramps).

I am sure it's the stress of everything causing this and I KNOW I am not pregnant as my boobs don't even have the pre-AF achiness, much less the preggo bb feeling.

It would be a miracle is I were preggo, but not something that would really be best right now with all of the school issues/expenses that may be coming to light.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you guys... hubby did cancel his vasectomy consultation appointment that he had today.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantesia28 View Post

We were finally able to move into our new house about a 1 1/2 weeks ago! I can't believe it's finally done!!! It is so nice to be in our own home again!! We now have mostly all hardwood floors - anyone know the best way to clean them and not have streaks? I have tried the murphys oil diluted in water and still get streaks on the floor.
Okay, I haven't posted on this thread since about April! I've just read through trying to catch up on everyone. It looks like we're really going to TTC this year at some point. I was worried that DH would start talking about financial reasons not to TTC, but he hasn't, and it seems like we're both in the same place right now, so keep your fingers crossed for me that nothing big comes up to stop us (last time we were ready to TTC, he got laid off two weeks before we were going to start!).

We use Murphy's oil soap, I really like it, and don't have any streaks. But, I do try to dry off as much as I can with a dry cloth after the mopping is finished--often I'll just kick the dry towel around with my feet on the wettest parts. Has anyone here read Organic Housekeeping by Ellen Sandbeck? I've really enjoyed it, and put some of her ideas into practice (she's a bit more anal about cleaning than I am, but she's also all about saving time, and being organic, and that's good!).
Old 07-15-2007, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
Has anyone here read Organic Housekeeping by Ellen Sandbeck? I've really enjoyed it, and put some of her ideas into practice (she's a bit more anal about cleaning than I am, but she's also all about saving time, and being organic, and that's good!).

I haven't read that one. I really like "Clean House Clean Planet" don't remember the author off hand.

As for me I am enjoying my alcoholic drinks while I can.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:47 AM

I was on this thread a few months back but then didn't come back because I thought I wanted to put off TTC #2 until next year. But the last few times DH and I have DTD, we haven't used any BC and it was during my fertile time so it's a possibility I'm pregnant. Will have to wait until this weekend to know though! DH got really excited at the the thought and so did I, admittedly, so we've said that even if I'm not pg this time, we will really start TTC in just a few months, after we move into our new house and get settled.

So, I'm back!

Mother. Doula. Writer. Feminist. Activist. 
Mum to Moo Moo (4) blahblah.gifand EJ (2) bftoddler.gif

Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 AM

Welcome back Alison & Amitymama!

-Rachel

User Tag List