TTC in 2007 - Babes in waiting... - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 455 Old 08-09-2007, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Very exciting, BurtsGirl!

We are still planning to start ttc in September (or maybe its more like stop trying not to, since we aren't going to chart or anything just yet.) We've had a slight kink thrown into our plans as dh will have to work night shifts for three months starting in September. He'll be at work from 5:00 PM to 3:30 AM, 6 days a week, with an hour commute each way. I work from 8 to 4, so that doesn't leave much time for baby making! We'll probably just see what happens and most likely start really trying in December. He did have a job interview the other day for a position with way better hours, and way less of a commute, so everyone send good "new job" thoughts!

We have two main reasons for waiting until September. We've got three weddings between now and September 8, so I really don't want to have to worry about anything or have people asking questions. I'm also hoping to have my job situation cleared up by then. Right now I'm on a year contract position, but hopefully I will get moved to permanent. I'm getting impatient for this month to be over!

Thanks everyone for the information on pre-natals and other stuff. I'm going to get a bottle of the Rainbow lights to try this weekend.

Wow, that was long and ramble-y. Thanks to anyone who actually read this far!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#422 of 455 Old 08-14-2007, 07:49 PM

I'm in a horribly boring meeting at work. How is everyone?

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#423 of 455 Old 08-15-2007, 09:36 AM

Technically we are waiting to O so we can start TTC this cycle. I've been a complete wreck during this whole waiting process. We've waited a year to even start TTC and now I fall apart at the tail end? WTF?

We overnighted our paperwork to the bank for our swimmers but they still haven't contacted me and it's freaking me out even more. We still have 7-8 days before we NEED to order but I'm scared we're going to miss this cycle. On top of that I know if I don't get my BFP this month we are going to have to wait till Nov to start again and that will be miserable. I do have an appointment with an RE tomorrow. We aren't telling him (or anyone IRL for that matter) that we are trying it this month. So if AF comes we'll be ready, set, go for some preliminary tests. I'm a little worried about my luteal phase, as previously noted in PP so I'm hoping the tests will ease my mind a little. Although I'm also hoping that I'll be pregnant and won't need the tests. I'm a complete wreck!

How is everyone else doing?

-Rachel

#424 of 455 Old 08-15-2007, 03:58 PM

: Burtsgirl How exciting!!! You will make it through this. You've been waiting and waiting and now the time is finally here. It's an emotional time for you. These hormones do crazy stuff to us sometimes : but you will make it through. I imagine I will be the same way when we finally are ready.

namaste.gif

#425 of 455 Old 08-16-2007, 03:37 PM

The paperwork went through and we'll be ordering our swimmers early next week! I'm so excited! I will be leaving this board for now because we are actively trying but if you want to check in with me feel free to PM me and I'll let you know how it's going. I will come back and post when I get my BFP and I still plan to lurk on this board. Good luck to all.

-Rachel

#426 of 455 Old 08-16-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post
Does anyone else have friends or family that are waiting to pass on their stash?
We received lots of stuff with DS--he was our first, many of our friends were done having kids. We got all sorts of things! Anyway, since I didn't know what we would use or not, I took it all. I passed much of it along after a little while, realising I wouldn't use it. You will always find a home for baby stuff on freecycle. We ended up with 4 infant bathtubs. Even leaving one at my parents, we still had two to spare. They both went through freecycle in seconds--one to a single mum with limited income, the other to a teen mother whose uncle and aunt were collecting stuff on freecycle for her. It actually made me feel pretty happy to be able to send the stuff on to good homes, and nobody who gave us hand me downs really minded--they just wanted their own stuff to go to good homes.

BurtsGirl, goodbye and good luck! Check back and let us know how things go!
#427 of 455 Old 08-17-2007, 01:27 PM

BurtsGirl

I love the concept of Freecycle and while I would not mind finding things there for myself, I am not comfortable giving items. I do not want to invite strangers to my home or down my deadend dirt road. : I prefer to donate to an appropriate organization.

namaste.gif

#428 of 455 Old 08-18-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post
I love the concept of Freecycle and while I would not mind finding things there for myself, I am not comfortable giving items. I do not want to invite strangers to my home or down my deadend dirt road. : I prefer to donate to an appropriate organization.
You know, I never thought of that. I live on a main street in a nice part of town near universities and hospitals. I share a front porch with the two tenants who live on the top floor. I have people walking past outside my front window all day long. I generally arrange for freecyclers to just pick stuff up from the front porch--can't see the stuff from the street, but if you know it's there, you can get to it without coming into the house. I bet if I lived down a dirt dead-end road, I'd feel more like you do!
#429 of 455 Old 08-20-2007, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
You know, I never thought of that. I live on a main street in a nice part of town near universities and hospitals. I share a front porch with the two tenants who live on the top floor. I have people walking past outside my front window all day long. I generally arrange for freecyclers to just pick stuff up from the front porch--can't see the stuff from the street, but if you know it's there, you can get to it without coming into the house. I bet if I lived down a dirt dead-end road, I'd feel more like you do!
If I lived in town on a populated street I am pretty sure I would feel different and would have no problem freecycling stuff.

I didn't know where else to share this so I thought I'd share it here. I have a coworker I have known for five years. His ex-wife treated his horrible and I saw the divorce coming long before he did. He now has a new girlfriend and he has shared much of his life with me over the years. Well, he is going to ask her to marry him!!!! I am so excited and happy for him. He talks to her dad in a couple of hours to ask his permission. I think that part is a little silly but it is sweet and he is very nervous.

So, it is too early to start giving him info on nocirc, babywearing, etc? He's already on board with breastfeeding. .

namaste.gif

#430 of 455 Old 08-29-2007, 04:10 AM

DH knows I've been "ready" for a while, and I've been waiting on him. I check in periodically, "how about this month?" "no"
Well this time, I got an "I don't think so." So I asked, "next month?" and got "I don't know." I hesitate to call it an improvement, but, maybe.

wateraddict: how did it go??
#431 of 455 Old 09-05-2007, 12:34 AM

That sounds promising to me Alcyone! Would he be willing to just not try to avoid, rather than actively ttc? I think that's what we are going to do, starting this month. If nothing's happened by the end of the year, we'll probably start charting and getting a little more proactive. For some reason it seems less intimidating to just let what ever is going to happen, happen for awhile first.

Anyways, I'm now officially moving to the ttc forum (yay!) hopefully I'll see a bunch of you there soon!

Carlin

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#432 of 455 Old 09-05-2007, 02:28 AM

A couple days ago, DH told me that babies born in the summer have greater chances of being myopic. I pointed out that babies born to him and me have a greater chance of being myopic, because we both are, despite being born in February and March. And since I'm one of those people who special orders the thin lenses and still has people tell me "wow, your lenses are thick," and I still survive, he's going to need a better reason than that.

OTOH at least he's thinking about it. He took the time to add nine months and figure out when that is.

Carlin, I did ask him about that and he said, "isn't that like trying?" I had to explain what trying means to people who are TTC, but I think he figures we know too much to really truly be leaving it up to chance.
#433 of 455 Old 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
...wateraddict: how did it go??
My friend showed interest in learning soon, but doesn't quite sound ready yet. I told him I have lots of info when he was ready and said he'd let me know when he's ready to start. He also said he would leave many decision up to his future wife, because he trusts her. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
...Anyways, I'm now officially moving to the ttc forum (yay!) hopefully I'll see a bunch of you there soon!

Carlin
Yippee! Let us know when you get that BFP!

Quote:
...OTOH at least he's thinking about it. He took the time to add nine months and figure out when that is.
Yay! He's thinking about it at least.

Quote:
he figures we know too much to really truly be leaving it up to chance.
This is where I think ignorance is bliss would come in handy.

namaste.gif

#434 of 455 Old 09-05-2007, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

I thought I would drop in and say hello as I haven't posted in a while.
I have kind of dropped off as my hubby had changed his mind and decided no more kiddo's for us. He even scheduled a Vasectomy appointment, which he later cancelled for me.

He was saying a definite no and now seems to be lightening up a bit again. I don't know - he brings up things sometimes like the following:

He will say, let's make a baby tonight... but he's not serious. Or he might say, this is why we don't really need anymore kids, etc. This weekend I told him that I was sorry for bringing up the baby subject so much and he said that it was okay and he knew he was going to continue to hear it. : What the heck, then just give me a baby!! Then in another sentence he said that the desire will go away (he knows this because other mothers have told him it goes away???). I responded by I don't think so as it's been here for well over a year.

Then last night we were watching some tatoo show on TV and my 14 year old daughter says... Dad, you should get mine and my brothers name tatoo'd on each of your arms since you can never get rid of us and we are forever. He said, well where are we going to put the other baby that your mom wants?? My daughter says well I guess you can't have anymore. I responded - put them ALL on your back. My husband says nothing more.

Okay, so now I have to wonder am I just pulling at staws and wishing for him to change his mind when he really never will or is he thinking about it???

What do you think?
#435 of 455 Old 09-13-2007, 01:35 AM

Who is still on this thread?

I haven't posted in a while because I'm back on the fence about actually having another. I'm not sure yet. One day I think I do want one and the next I'm so stressed with everything I say no way. Here it is Sept and I'm still flip flopping. :

So what's up with everyone?

fan, I have to say that if I were you I'd let the issue rest for a bit. I've found that the more I hounded my DH the more resistant he was.
#436 of 455 Old 09-13-2007, 01:48 AM

I've been lurking for a while but thought i would jump in and say hello. We're thinking this month is it for number 3. We were going to wait until January but the baby bug bit a little early

In love with the Hubs (6-03) & : Kookie Pookie Girl (c/s 5-05) & Bouncy Big Boy (vbac 2-07) & : Miss Cheeky Cheeks (hbac 11-08) 100*90* 100lbs = Las Vegas : Almost there!
#437 of 455 Old 09-13-2007, 08:37 AM

We've decided to start next month, so my time in the thread is coming to an end.

Fan, maybe you should plan to have a heart-to-heart with your DH. It sounds pretty insensitive for him to keep bringing it up, esp. in front of your other kids, if he thinks it's not going to happen.
#438 of 455 Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 AM

Still lurking here. We tried last month and got a BFN. Our timing was bad. Trying again this month with better timing and if it doesn't happen we'll be taking Oct off and start again with an RE in Nov.

Kleine - if I were you, I'd wait till the flip flopping wasn't happening anymore. A child is not something you can undo. I think it's smart of you to really be thinking about this. I hope it all works itself out for you and good luck!

-Rachel

#439 of 455 Old 09-13-2007, 06:05 PM

We're officially TTC now. Not that we've been successful, I can tell AF is about to start any moment now. But we did spend the last month TTC, and will spend next month as well. So I'm finally out of this group and into the TTC threads. It was nice to hang with everyone, and hopefully we'll all meet up again in Life with a Babe at some point in the not too distant future!
#440 of 455 Old 09-13-2007, 11:37 PM

It's kind of sad to see people leaving this thread. A good sad though. :
#441 of 455 Old 09-19-2007, 01:02 PM

I have an appt on Oct 2nd to have my IUD removed. I'm a little nervous. We'll see if I keep the appt.

Burtsgirl, we may be in the same DDC since I plan to actually TTC starting Nov. For Oct we might still actually prevent.
#442 of 455 Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 AM

I've not been around in quite a while....couldn't bear to be, to be honest.

My dad has been in hospital for the last 6 months, recovering from surgery, and will be for the next 6 months or so. My wedding was to be next Friday, but we've had to put it off. TTC this year is also out as well.

Hope everyone is having a better time with their baby plans than I am!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you all.
#443 of 455 Old 09-21-2007, 12:27 PM

Wow. I'm sorry ablut our dad. 6 months is a long time in the hospital! I hope he has a quick and smooth recovery and that he is with you to enjoy your wedding.
#444 of 455 Old 09-22-2007, 02:37 PM

I've been seeing mamas from this thread on other threads and they are now pg.

I'm feeling like I'm the only one left here. Speak up and keep me company.
#445 of 455 Old 09-22-2007, 02:42 PM

Well, I'm not pregnant, so you're not alone! We're TTC now, officially, so hopefully I will be soon.
#446 of 455 Old 09-23-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I have an appt on Oct 2nd to have my IUD removed. I'm a little nervous. We'll see if I keep the appt.

Burtsgirl, we may be in the same DDC since I plan to actually TTC starting Nov. For Oct we might still actually prevent.
Congrats on having the IUD removed! to us both. We insem tomorrow! : This has been a crazy cycle for us this month!

-Rachel

#447 of 455 Old 09-24-2007, 03:22 AM

Burtsgirl, how did it go? Oh, I'm so excited for you and your DW. It's ok if you conceive now and you're a few months ahead of me. You have my blessing.
#448 of 455 Old 10-01-2007, 06:27 PM

I'm still trying to keep this thread alive. Help me out, ladies.

Burtsgirl, still waiting for ya.
#449 of 455 Old 10-01-2007, 11:51 PM

Well I am officially TTC so I probably won't be around here anymore! Hope everyone else is doing ok.

DS 7 ~ DS 3

#450 of 455 Old 10-02-2007, 07:35 PM

Well, my IUD was removed an hour ago. I guess it's time to leave this thread. Although we will proably not actively TTC. I'm just going to take a laid back approach and wait for it to happen....as long as I can.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page