TTC in 2007 - Babes in waiting... - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 455 Old 02-07-2007, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I do it even more general. Just take the month of conception and count back 3 months. So for a baby conceived in March count back Feb, Jan, and Dec. Baby will be born sometime in Dec.
i do that now...ds2 was born ON his due date

or count 42wk and put that.

nak

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#182 of 455 Old 02-09-2007, 04:39 PM

The soonest we would start ttc is May I think. I promised my dh we would wait until dd turns 3, which is April 22. But I really really don't want to be hugely pg in the height of summer heat. BTDT. My ds is an August baby. Also August is a really busy month for us, it's already jam packed full of birthdays and anniversaries on both sides of the family. I always thought I'd prefer not to have a Christmas baby, but I think I've relaxed my views on that. Really I don't think we'd take any time off once we started ttc. However, I did tell dh we would put a time limit on it if it was taking a long time. I told him that if we were not pregnant in say 2 years we could give it up. He's not sure we're meant to have any more, so I said if it was meant to happen it would happen and if not then it wouldn't. That doesn't bother me since I am absollutely sure we are meant to have at least 1 more.
#183 of 455 Old 02-12-2007, 04:39 AM

Does anyone else swing between being sure of when they are going to TTC and then wanting to wait awhile? I thought I was so sure I wanted to TTC this fall but I'm feeling like it might be too soon and that it would be unfair on DD (she's 10 months right now, would be 16-18 months when we started trying) and I could use an extra year to try to get my WAH stuff off the ground before I throw another baby into the mix.

Aaaaghh!

Mother. Doula. Writer. Feminist. Activist. 
Mum to Moo Moo (4) blahblah.gifand EJ (2) bftoddler.gif

#184 of 455 Old 02-12-2007, 12:30 PM

I swing back and forth between wanting another baby and being sure that I don't want another baby!
#185 of 455 Old 02-15-2007, 08:53 AM

Hi ladies,

I've been lurking for a while, but haven't posted. So hello!
For the last year I've been insanely broody. I've been educating myself on mothering.com, and trying not to coo into every stroller that I walk by.
It doesn't help that a whole bunch of my cousins are due this summer!

Currently I have implanon, which will be coming out in May and I'm not replacing it. I'm getting married in September, so we had a bit of a chat last night (how romantic!) and agreed that we'll stop using contraception then and "see what happens".
I'm ready to explode, I'm so excited.
So from now til September, it's all about vitamins, proper diet, getting down a few pounds and generally getting physically ready for the whole process.

Thanks
#186 of 455 Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitymama View Post
Does anyone else swing between being sure of when they are going to TTC and then wanting to wait awhile? I thought I was so sure I wanted to TTC this fall but I'm feeling like it might be too soon and that it would be unfair on DD (she's 10 months right now, would be 16-18 months when we started trying) and I could use an extra year to try to get my WAH stuff off the ground before I throw another baby into the mix.

Aaaaghh!
I've been doing this too. In fact that's one reason I've been avoiding this thread. I finally felt a moment of clarity when we decided to wait, and I felt this huge sense of relief, the metaphorical weight lifting from my shoulders felt real to me. I felt like, huh, I guess waiting to start TTC is the right thing to do.

Now, since that feeling has faded I am occasionally in the throws of now, later, now, later? Again, but most of the time I feel that waiting until Ds is 18 mo (Aug/Sept 2007) is the right thing
#187 of 455 Old 02-15-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKira View Post
I'm getting married in September, so we had a bit of a chat last night (how romantic!) and agreed that we'll stop using contraception then and "see what happens".
So from now til September, it's all about vitamins, proper diet, getting down a few pounds and generally getting physically ready for the whole process.
Welcome to the board, AKira! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and good news of baby making to come. Sounds like an exciting year for you. Jump right in.

-Rachel

#188 of 455 Old 02-15-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Hi ladies,

For the last year I've been insanely broody. I've been educating myself on mothering.com, and trying not to coo into every stroller that I walk by.

Currently I have implanon, which will be coming out in May and I'm not replacing it. I'm getting married in September, so we had a bit of a chat last night (how romantic!) and agreed that we'll stop using contraception then and "see what happens".

Thanks
#189 of 455 Old 02-15-2007, 11:15 AM

I'm subbing. We are going to start ttc in summer or early fall this year. Ideally, I want a Pisces baby since I have an Aries son and a Capricorn husband...I can't handle anymore horns in my house! So, I would need to get pregnant in May or June to accomplish that. I don't think it's gonna happen, though. I just started a new job and we need to save some serious money...so the timeline will probably be that I have a baby in summer of 2008. That way I will have worked at my job long enough to be off probation (1 year probation) and I'll get maternity leave and the birth paid for.

My concerns:
Ds was a necessary C-section at 43 weeks (transverse breech). I did all the planning to have a Bradley birth and was so committed and my body just did not cooperate. I tried EVERYTHING to get him to turn. Absolutely every method I'd ever heard of. And, he did turn the day before the c-section but there was no room so he was wedged under my hip bone (ouch).

I need to lose 60 lbs first. Any ideas on practical ways to do it with a HN toddler who refuses to let me go to the gym? (really, he refuses)

I had hyperemesis last time and am terrified of having it again. Especially at a job that I cannot lose or call in sick to a lot!

Ds will be 4.5 when the new baby is born, hopefully. I think that spacing is a little much-ideally, I wanted them no more than 4 years apart-but there's nothing I can do about it.

Off to read the rest of the posts!

If anyone wants to chime in on my blog and help me pick cool things like baby names, diapers, help me go organic in food and household items/cleaners, etc, that would be so cool!
#190 of 455 Old 02-15-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:

Aaaaghh!
YES. dh says maybe this summer (still think that's too soon) but i'm thinking NEXT summer is too soon as well. we will see...

#191 of 455 Old 02-15-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Hi ladies,

Thanks

It's nice to "meet" you. Congrats on your wedding! How exciting.

What is an implanon?
#192 of 455 Old 02-16-2007, 06:46 PM

Hello all

We'd been planning to start TTC our second in March 2008, but after talking tonight, my husband and I are now going to start this October or so instead! I'm so happy about it- especially as it was actually him who suggested bringing the date forward, and I've been the one most keen on another baby up to now.
#193 of 455 Old 02-20-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
It's nice to "meet" you. Congrats on your wedding! How exciting.

What is an implanon?
Implanon....I think it might be called norplant in the states. It's a little plastic thing a bit bigger than a matchstick, that contains plant estrogens. Mine is in the inner part of my upper arm.
#194 of 455 Old 02-20-2007, 12:46 PM

Ah, yes. Norplant. Thanks
#195 of 455 Old 02-20-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:

Aaaaghh!
Totally! In fact, I am subscribed to this thread AND the TTC 2008 one. It was dh who originally wanted to TTC in 2007 and I keep swinging back and forth between "Let's do it!" and "I'm not ready!!" Dh does too. Just when I think I am totally secure in our decision to start TTC when ds is around 20 months or so, I look at him and panic that he won't be ready and that I am making the wrong decision.

mommy to ds 11/05, dd1 01/08, and dd2 01/10!
#196 of 455 Old 02-21-2007, 09:25 PM

I just received two packages in the mail. Both of them maternity clothes! Shhhhh, don't tell DH that I'm buying maternity clothes and I'm not even pg yet. I have to take advantage of sales, right?
#197 of 455 Old 02-22-2007, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
Totally! In fact, I am subscribed to this thread AND the TTC 2008 one. It was dh who originally wanted to TTC in 2007 and I keep swinging back and forth between "Let's do it!" and "I'm not ready!!" Dh does too. Just when I think I am totally secure in our decision to start TTC when ds is around 20 months or so, I look at him and panic that he won't be ready and that I am making the wrong decision.
this is us...

maybe we'll just get pg on accident

#198 of 455 Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
this is us...

That would sooooo take the burden of deciding off of my shoulders. In fact, it's how I ended up with ds. Much easier that way!

Dh and I had another heart to heart last night and he made a lot of good points on why we really need to start trying this year. I think he is right. His siblings are 4 years apart from him in both directions and he talked about how lonely it was to be, say, 8 years old and on vacation with no one to do things with because your closest siblings were 4 (too young) and 12 (too old and too cool). I never experienced that; my brother and I are 27 months apart and we were constant playmates.

My mom said 27 months was a great spacing but me, I'm still a little skeptical.

#199 of 455 Old 02-22-2007, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Hi there! Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going!!! I actually started it a while back.

Well our house is finally underway and the foundation is being poured today - hopefully this makes it much closer to the time we can start ttc!! I am hoping to start trying in August and am really hoping it works the first time around as I really want a late May or early June baby so that I can be home with the other kids for the summer.

Anyways, I am hoping our house doesn't take too long to complete as I know that we need to be in and settled before my husband will even consider starting to ttc. He had originally said no, then said maybe, so we shall see. I hope he doesn't change his mind back to a no, that could be devistating for me!!

Once our house is under roof, it should be done pretty quickly!! We are hoping that with the foundation being poured that they will have it under roof within the next couple of weeks. In addition, we have sold our house so things are definitely moving along.

I need to get in here more often to talk as this is constantly in the back of my head (ttc). Of course it is always worse when I am getting ready to O, which is today or tomorrow.
#200 of 455 Old 02-23-2007, 03:39 PM

I've lurked in here before but I think I'm ready to take the plunge finally. I'm 31, we are building a home and waiting for that to complete (or near completion) before TTC #1. Since for the most part we are building on our own and weather had been a real bear for us, I have pretty much thrown the schedule out the window but I'm still hoping to TTC this summer.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#201 of 455 Old 02-23-2007, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Wateraddict~ You sound just like us... we too, are trying to build a house and the weather has been a continuous issue!! It took us 3 1/2 weeks from digging the hole for our foundationt to get it poured due to the weather!! We finally got the entire foundation poured yesterday!

I am hoping that things will pick up some speed soon as we are hoping to be in our house by June. We have sold our house and will be moving out the on March 17th.... so until our new house is done, our family will be living with my grandparents, which could be kind of crazy! They are so used to being by themselves, I can't imagine how my kids are going to wreck havoc on their quiet house. We are hoping to have walls up and the house under roof within the next couple of weeks. I am hoping that the weather cooperates!!

I would like to start ttc in August if all goes well... In fact, I am pretty dead set that I am hoping I can conceive as quickly as my last baby (one try, one month) this time around as I really want a May or June baby. I would really love to have a Spring baby, but that would forfiet my purpose of trying to have this baby close to the time when our other kids would be on summer vacation... I really want to be home from work in the summer with everyone.

Good Luck to you! BTW - what area are you building in? We are in the midwest and the weather here has been very frigid... it's warm now, but supposed to rain all weekend.
#202 of 455 Old 02-23-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebsMama05 View Post
this is us...

: Sometimes I think an oops would be much easier.

fantesia28 - 3 1/2, that sounds fast!!! I won't go into the long boring details of our building process here, I'll just leave it at, we were issued the building permit one year ago and the garage will soon be (re-)framed. Progress is going well now and I am confident that our current pace will allow us to enjoy our summer (carpet or not). I'm in the Pacific Northwest, lots of wind, strong winds, followed by rain, more rain, heavy rain, more fierce winds, rinse, wash, repeat ...

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#203 of 455 Old 02-25-2007, 09:49 PM

That does sound like a fast built house. Our house took over a year.

Out of the blue today my 6 yr old ds asked us when we were finally having our baby. Both DH and I looked at each other shocked. I told him we didn't know but he insisted on knowing. So I quickly added up some months to be around 15 months if I got pg right away after the IUD is removed. (which is about 450 sleeps more or less ) Ds said that many sleeps was way too long.

How close is everyone's count down?
#204 of 455 Old 02-26-2007, 10:16 AM

Hello!

I just found this thread on Saturday-and I hope to join in. My DP, and I are going to start trying to conceive in late April. I'm realizing how soon that is, as I realize that March is only 4 days a way!

We are using sperm from a KD (a friend of ours). It's starting to feel really close as we make final preparations, (a KD contract, charting, prenatal vitamins etc....). I am also now officially off cat litter duty!!

I'm glad I found this thread!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#205 of 455 Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:

How close is everyone's count down?
(deep breath)

I think that dh and I finally decided on May as our month and agreed to use Shettles for a girl. Which means I need to start charting PRONTO! In fact, I am going to print up a chart as soon as ds goes down for his nap.

Ideally I'd like to get preggo in August-ish and have a May baby

Anyone else baby name obsessed? I already have my girl and boy names picked out. After dealing with dh the name-hater once already I've decided to say that these are the names and if he doesn't like them (which he doesn't) then the ball is in his court to suggest something else. I won't spend another pregnancy suggesting 50,001 names only to have each and every one shot down.

#206 of 455 Old 02-26-2007, 01:30 PM

I'm always playing with names. I htink I have a girl's name picked...at least the first name. Boy name not sure...
#207 of 455 Old 02-26-2007, 04:17 PM

I have a girl name picked. I haven't brought it up with dh yet because he's still so unsure about having another (he goes back and forth), but it's a name dh considered for dd so I know he likes it! LOL! And I think we still like the boy name we picked for dd (if she had been a boy!). My dh is really really bad about name choices. He is sooo picky! I had a baby name book when I was pg with ds with 20,000 names and he didn't care for any of them. It took us nearly the whole pg to decide and we ended up naming him after dh's grandpa.
#208 of 455 Old 02-26-2007, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Wateraddict~ Wow, it sounds like you have been through a lot trying to get your new house built!! I hope that things speed up for you and you are in your new home in no time!! I am with you... I could move in with no carpet and flooring.

My house is currently looking pretty boring... I have taken down and packed all of the decorations, our formal living room is completely emptied and in storage, plus I have packed up my daughters room and moved it. She is now sleeping in the spare bedroom until we move. It will be kind of hard living with my grandparents for the next couple of months, but it will be so worth it in the end.

Kleine Hexe~ Wow, that is a long time to build a house... did you do it all yourself though? We were going to contract ours ourselves, but the bids all came back pretty close to the builders, plus we will be saving a ton of money in interest only payments on the construction loan by getting the house done sooner.

That is funny how your DS asked about how long until another baby!! I haven't really thought about how long it would be, but I know that I want to conceive in August hopefully and have a late May baby if my body and DH will cooperate! He's still a little unsure as to if he is positive that he wants another baby. He is thinking about it though, which is better from his first response of NO more.

Expectantmami~ Welcome and congratulations on decided to start ttc soon! It's definitely closer than you think. the end of April is only 7 1/2 weeks away.

Strawberryfields~ Yes, I think about names all the time. I really liked the name Madelynne Catherine for a girl (Lynne as part of the first name after my mom's middle name and Katherine is my grandma and DH's mom's first name). I don't know that I will be able to use this name though now as my sister is due to give birth and is using the name Madison for her baby girl and I think the names would be too close. I really had my heart set on this name though.

I really feel like my next baby will be a girl, I will love it no matter what, but I am a little worried that I might be dissappointed if it ends up being a boy... I guess that is because I have such a strong feeling that it will be another girl. I will love it no matter what it ends up being though.

What names do you have on your list? I have a really hard time with boys names, but I like the following girls names:

Abigail
Gabrielle or Gabriella
Arianna (there is something very feminine about this name, but it's too close to my daughters name of Breanna)
Katarina (may be spelling this wrong)
Kassandra
Grace (but this is my nieces name)
MaKenna (my husband doesn't like this name though)

I have more, but can't think of them right now.

Well if I think about days until my next baby (if I could plan the ideal time of birth), I guess I would be looking at about 426 days.
#209 of 455 Old 02-26-2007, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryFields View Post
(deep breath)

I think that dh and I finally decided on May as our month and agreed to use Shettles for a girl. Which means I need to start charting PRONTO! In fact, I am going to print up a chart as soon as ds goes down for his nap.

Ideally I'd like to get preggo in August-ish and have a May baby
We may be in the same EDD. Oh, and I'm also hoping for a girl this time around. I don't know if I want to chart though. One part of me wants to chart and try for a girl but another part of me just wants to sit back and just let what happens happen. Both my dc were very very planned, charted, calculated pgs and I think it would be nice to just relax, DTD whenever I feel like it, and not obsess.
#210 of 455 Old 02-26-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantesia28 View Post

Strawberryfields~ Yes, I think about names all the time. I really liked the name Madelynne Catherine for a girl (Lynne as part of the first name after my mom's middle name and Katherine is my grandma and DH's mom's first name). I don't know that I will be able to use this name though now as my sister is due to give birth and is using the name Madison for her baby girl and I think the names would be too close. I really had my heart set on this name though.

What names do you have on your list? I have a really hard time with boys names, but I like the following girls names:

Abigail
Gabrielle or Gabriella
Arianna (there is something very feminine about this name, but it's too close to my daughters name of Breanna)
Katarina (may be spelling this wrong)
Kassandra
Grace (but this is my nieces name)
MaKenna (my husband doesn't like this name though)
I don't think Madison and Madelynne are too close! I say go for it. On your list I like Abigail, Gabrielle, Katerina and Grace.

The names I picked are Charlotte Jane for a girl and Rory James for a boy. Jane and James are family names so those will be fixed mns no matter what first name we pick. If ds was a girl his name would have been Caroline Louise. Another name I love is Lydia.

I think dh might go for Charlotte and Rory once he has some time to warm up. :

Quote:
We may be in the same EDD. Oh, and I'm also hoping for a girl this time around. I don't know if I want to chart though. One part of me wants to chart and try for a girl but another part of me just wants to sit back and just let what happens happen. Both my dc were very very planned, charted, calculated pgs and I think it would be nice to just relax, DTD whenever I feel like it, and not obsess.
I feel the same way--part of me wants to chart and try for a girl and the other part wants to sit back and see what happens. But I think I am going to chart because I do really want a daughter and I do not know if I want to have more than 2 children. If I knew for sure we were having more than 2 I don't think I would chart.

Maybe we will both have our May babies! Or, more likely, it will turn out I'm a fertile Myrtle and I'll get pregnant my very first cycle TTC this May and I'll be in the February DDC. But I am hoping May is my lucky month; I was married in May 2004, I want to start TTC in May 2007 and I want to be due in
May 2008!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page