Is it too soon to start a TTC in 2008 thread? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 252 Old 04-16-2007, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all!

I am wanting to TTC in 08 as well - was a little surprised to see a thread for it! My dd was born in May 05 and I'm wanting a 3-5 year spacing... the older she gets, the readier I am for another, so right now I'm thinking of getting my mirena IUD out when she turns three, and maybe use some sort of barrier method for a few months until my cycle regulates, then start trying in late summer/early fall. I would like another spring baby!

I don't have any weight to lose but my abs are still seperated from dd's pregnancy and I'd like to work on that... ugh.

So best of luck to us all
#62 of 252 Old 05-05-2007, 10:34 PM

I want to join! I finally found this group I thought I had seen one for 2008. I want a baby so bad right now, but I know I need to wait, because I do not want to lose my milk before my son is almost two. I also know that another baby right now would be too much. Oh, my hormones though when I'm ovulating. It makes me : .

We will be ttc in February 2008. For us it is a process though so we need to plan. In August my dh has to stop taking hot baths and I need to make sure I am not eating any processed sugar or flours. I'm pretty good about it, but sometimes I slip up so will have none of that (maybe we will have to plan for one more dinner at RuthChris's steakhouse so I can get a choclate explosion cake ). Then in January dh will go back on his dose of daily 500mg of vit.C. So we definately have to plan for a baby. I guess atleast we know what we need to do.

Thanks for starting this thread. Cathy

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

And 3rdtri.gif with #3 bigeyes.gif Due in August 2013!!!

#63 of 252 Old 05-06-2007, 02:55 AM

Planning on ttc in mid 2008 here. My toddler is pretty active and I'm planning on a minor career change by then, so now is out of the question.
Although it seems so far off, 2008 will be here before we know it!
#64 of 252 Old 05-06-2007, 12:10 PM

Hi all!

I agreed to TTC winter 2008 (Dec 07-Jan 08) for a fall 2008 baby. I have a daughter who was born Feb 11 2005. I am terrified of TTC. My dd was a surprise baby, and this would be the first time I "tried" to get pg on purpose. Plus, my dd was a colicky baby until she was about 6-7 months old, and now at nearly 2.5 years old is still not sleeping thru the night. I don't know if I can take care of 2. Plus, I've been working hard losing weight, since last August (06) I've now lost 60lbs and still losing. I am now just about 21lbs under my pre-pg weight when I got pg with dd.
I gained 70lbs my last pregnancy, that ended up with me being on bedrest for PIH that ended in a 37 week induction for pre-eclampsia and my dd being in the NICU for 48 hours manadatory observation and being put on a ff schedule against my wishes etc. I'd love to plan a homebirth for next time around, but I feel like time is slipping away from me and I'm terrified. My dh wanted to ttc about a year ago, and I've held him off this long.
I have many concerns, and am trying to work thru them. I am getting the longing to be pregnant again and hold another itty baby of my own. But my dd is sooo challenging, so I keep busy with her. I guess I am just scared. Scared of having 2 to take care of, scared of gaining a TON of weight that I just worked soooo hard to lose, scared of another hospital birth and things not going my way, scared of having a home birth and the unknown (I was induced and had a epi after 6 hours of fighting the pain). I am also scared of not being able to birth at home and a hospital transfer....oh so many things to fear!
Anyone else out there like me?
#65 of 252 Old 05-07-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerCathy View Post
I want to join! I finally found this group I thought I had seen one for 2008. I want a baby so bad right now, but I know I need to wait, because I do not want to lose my milk before my son is almost two. I also know that another baby right now would be too much. Oh, my hormones though when I'm ovulating. It makes me : .
Our babes are about the same age, and I've been telling myself the same thing. I want to give this babe at least two full years of BF'ing if she wants it, and in order to do that for sure, I need to not be preggo. Also, I have to graduate first, b/c I don't want to be preggo while defending my thesis. :

AF hasn't returned, and if these, "I want a baby" feelings get worse when you ovulate, I can't imagine how much of a raving lunatic I'll be when AF comes back.

Amy, mama to "Pumpkin" (DD1, 5/16/06) and "Squashy" (DD2, 7/10/09)
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance"- Confucius
#66 of 252 Old 05-08-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambooMama View Post
Also, I have to graduate first, b/c I don't want to be preggo while defending my thesis. :
Yeah, that might not be good to be emotional at that time.

Quote:
AF hasn't returned, and if these, "I want a baby" feelings get worse when you ovulate, I can't imagine how much of a raving lunatic I'll be when AF comes back.
It's like my ds turned one and all of a sudden I'm ready to jump my dh again. I hadn't really wanted anything to do with dh in that respect for a whole year. Those darn hormones suppressing my libido.: Poor dh, I think I'm making it up to him though now.

Cathy toddler.gifMama to James(6)coolshine.gifand Maggie Mae (1)luxlove.gif Wife to Daveguitar.gif

#67 of 252 Old 05-08-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that might not be good to be emotional at that time.
Nor would it be good to barf all over my committee. :Puke My "morning sickness" during the "first trimester" is really, constant nausea for the first 5 months.

Quote:
It's like my ds turned one and all of a sudden I'm ready to jump my dh again. I hadn't really wanted anything to do with dh in that respect for a whole year. Those darn hormones suppressing my libido.: Poor dh, I think I'm making it up to him though now.
Ugh, hormonal BC apparently makes my libido evaporate, even the low hormone kinds, which are the only kinds I can even tolerate... I stopped taking them, 2 weeks later, DTD, got preggo, and totally lost any hint of motivation for messing around... that was August of 05... I think our DH's have tolerated quite a bit it sounds.

I'm not going to tell him about your post... he'll be wondering when "it" will hit me too! And probably will be asking me every 2 seconds... has it hit you yet.?.. has it hit you yet?... how about now??... now? :

#68 of 252 Old 05-08-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I think our DH's have tolerated quite a bit it sounds.

I'm not going to tell him about your post... he'll be wondering when "it" will hit me too! And probably will be asking me every 2 seconds... has it hit you yet.?.. has it hit you yet?... how about now??... now? :

#69 of 252 Old 05-10-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:

I hope that happens to me!! Yes, those darn hormones are totally surpressing my libido too, and DD is almost 11 months. I wish I'd get back to normal already!! I hate feeling totally non-sexual... and poor DH (like you said). Although he'd be happy if in a month I got back to my normal self. We want to wait until DD is 2 (summer 08) to try again, though, so that means a whole year of waiting for me/us. That's good, though... live life as it is for a while.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#70 of 252 Old 05-10-2007, 05:08 PM

Hey ladies, I'm joining you all! We are also planning on TTC in '08 when DS is around 2, so late summer or early fall. I want to give him at least 2 years of nursing as I'm afraid a pregnancy will affect my milk. That said, I'm already feeling antsy to try again .

knit.gifmama to my boy autismribbon.gif (9/06) and my girl (3/09) and surprise 1sttri.gif due in May!

#71 of 252 Old 05-14-2007, 05:21 PM

I love this thread!!! DH and I both have the baby bug, it's silly because we were so ambivalent before DS. We're planning on TTC prob first thing in 08, I started a new job in March and would like to have been here long enough to get their full maternity benefits not to mention have a clue about what I'm doing here! I can't wait... though I do feel it's better to wait, for DS too.

Mom to DS 5/05 and DD 9/08
#72 of 252 Old 05-20-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWmama View Post
Hey ladies, I'm joining you all! We are also planning on TTC in '08 when DS is around 2, so late summer or early fall. I want to give him at least 2 years of nursing as I'm afraid a pregnancy will affect my milk. That said, I'm already feeling antsy to try again .
That's my exact plan too. Except mine was born in May so I don't have to wait that extra 4-5 months. : It still seems sooooo long from now. We just had her 1st birthday and if work wasn't an issue, plus me probably not ovulating (that's a big no no when it comes to TTCing it seems ), I'd be totally for TTCing right now.

I think though when I actually stop and think about how "intense" my DD is, that if I had to deal with the realities of being preggo again, I wouldn't find the concept quite so romantic you know? Also, I loved having a newborn!! If I had another newborn right now I'd have to split my attention so drastically that I think later I'd be sad that I missed so much of what will likely be the last time I get to experience that newborn phase for myself!

#73 of 252 Old 06-21-2007, 02:59 AM

Ooh ooh me too me too!!! Dh and I have agreed we're going to ttc in spring '08. It'll be our last (maybe...) And so I'm looking forward to it, but then again I think it'll be sad too! Our oldest dd will be 6, dd2 will be almost 4 and dd3 will be 2 when #4 would come along. I really would like a winter baby (we're in FL and don't have the snow or real cold weather to worry about). We've been lucky each time before and have been able to conceive quickly, so I have to be careful prior to next year. I don't use hormonal bc due to various side effects it has on me and so we use NFP, but are fairly new to it (don't wanna have a whoops yet lol).

Anyway good luck to all who will ttc in '08...looks like it'll be a great group of mommies!!
#74 of 252 Old 06-25-2007, 09:16 AM

My husband and I are waiting until Jan. 08 just because of our stupid insurance company... we want to start now, but, no maternity coverage until the policy renews. Grrr.

My husband keeps saying 'Well, it wouldn't be the end of the world if you got pregnant now..." and I want to so bad, but then I think, no, I need insurance, I'm a worrier, if I don't have insurance I'll drive myself crazy imagining worst case scenarios.

I'm so excited it's ridiculous. I am already looking at baby stuff online and bookmarking stuff I want.

DH is convinced we'll get pregnant right away since we did once before on BC (but m/c), but I'm making the next 6 months 'Project Prepare for Conception', lol. I'm doing everything I can (starting to chart, taking vitex, raspberry leaf tea, exercising, etc) to improve our chances.
#75 of 252 Old 06-25-2007, 02:00 PM

Welcome StrangeMoon!

#76 of 252 Old 06-25-2007, 11:18 PM

I'm thinking we need a thread for mamas planning to TTC but working on a few goals before then!!! It seems like people are all trying to exercise, lose weight and eat better prior to TTC (among other goals).

#77 of 252 Old 08-23-2007, 02:02 AM

Any Mama`s still TTC in 2008? I see alot of you are already pregnant
#78 of 252 Old 08-23-2007, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

I'm NEVER going down the TTC road again...ever, but wanted to keep the thread open for others.
#79 of 252 Old 08-23-2007, 10:04 AM

I'm still here. Had a mix-up with my BCP while on vacation and am awaiting AF, which is either 4 or 1 days late depending on how you count it, tests are negative... It would be good to wait till 2008 to ttc, but this mix up has me realizing how baby crazy I am and maybe we will just wait 2-3 more months.

Mom to DS 5/05 and DD 9/08
#80 of 252 Old 08-24-2007, 08:11 PM

We will likely TTC in 2008. I'm not sure when we will start.

Good luck Qestia. May it end just the way you want it.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#81 of 252 Old 08-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Barose. I'm not sure what to say, but it sounds like your journey has been long and hard.

I'm feeling a bit anxious to even try again, particularly since I have to graduate first. The women in my family seem to not be able to conceive for 6-7 years after their first baby, and I'm hoping it's not something genetic. I am jealous of all the mamas to be right now!!! I admit it!!

#82 of 252 Old 08-24-2007, 08:54 PM

You can add me to the list. I am happy that there are others I can share in this journey with.

My story: I had a m/c and ttc for a year before being blessed with my ds. My ppaf returned at 22 months and we started "officially" ttc a year ago when that happened. I got preggers in Dec. of 06 and m/c again in Jan. of 07. ttc again and got preggers in May to have an ectopic dx in July. I had to have some knarly drug that prohibits safe ttc for 6 months. So here I am waiting to ttc in early 2008.

I haven't ttavoid since my first m/c in '02 so I am fumbling around trying to figure out this contraceptive stuff. I am going to get fitted for a diaphragm next week so hopefully that will work and not cause any other issues. I really don't need more "issues".

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#83 of 252 Old 09-04-2007, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
You can add me to the list. I am happy that there are others I can share in this journey with.

My story: I had a m/c and ttc for a year before being blessed with my ds. My ppaf returned at 22 months and we started "officially" ttc a year ago when that happened. I got preggers in Dec. of 06 and m/c again in Jan. of 07. ttc again and got preggers in May to have an ectopic dx in July. I had to have some knarly drug that prohibits safe ttc for 6 months. So here I am waiting to ttc in early 2008.

I haven't ttavoid since my first m/c in '02 so I am fumbling around trying to figure out this contraceptive stuff. I am going to get fitted for a diaphragm next week so hopefully that will work and not cause any other issues. I really don't need more "issues".
(((((hugs)))))) mama!

I am now unsure whether we want to ttc in early 2008. Maybe late 2008. My ds just started having temper tantrums and that makes me want to wait a little longer. On the other hand since moving into a place of our own (was living with my parents, long story) we've been having (unsafe sex keeps popping in my head but that doesn't sound right). We just haven't been using protection, but my dh will have to most likely stop taking hot baths (kills his spermies) and start taking vit. C to be able to concieve. So, we may get pregnant before we are planning on it, I doubt it though with all we have to do to get pregnant. I"m in limbo on this issue ATM.

#84 of 252 Old 09-04-2007, 03:54 PM

This is probably a terrible idea ... but I'm going to join! I've just been posting this morning all over MDC about my DH not wanting to have another. But I can't stop thinking about it, and the earliest time that we have identified as "maybe start to TTC" is fall 2008.

Now I'm starting to think summer 2008.

I finally got off hormonal BC, and I feel like the baby fever has ramped up even more. Ugh!!!

So, what sorts of things are people doing to "get ready", pass the time, whatever? I have one DD, who is 5 1/2. So, in terms of handling a new baby, I think I would be fine. But, I could be healthier. Things I could be doing...

1) lose that 10 pounds that's still hanging on
2) get on a regular exercise program, more for my mental health/balance than anything
3) quit drinking soda! my dirty little secret, aka bad habit
4) really love on my DH, so he feels like giving me what I want

~Diane
#85 of 252 Old 09-04-2007, 04:41 PM

ooo, I'll play. I've been really wondering how best to not dwell on it until then. We're looking at TTCing now starting Sept 08, not Spring 08 like we'd originally thought.

As for things to do before then, my list is similar:
1. Have more regular exercise/personal time. such as exercise for 1 hour 3-4 times a week, and get an extra 1 hour of time to do whatever I want to maintain my sanity...

2. I've been thinking about doing some sort of "body cleanse" type thing. I've heard that the colon cleanse treatments can sometimes really make you feel a lot better overall, w/o you even thinking you were feeling "bad" in the first place. But I'd like to do something more general, get my body cleaned out and ready for another baby. Anyone know of any magic that will do that?

Things that are not really totally under my control:
- Get AF back!!!
- Graduate and get a job, move across the country, yada yada... Work stuff.
-Have DD wean... There's plenty of time for this and I'm not going to force the issue, but I suspect she'll need to wean completely before my cycle will come back anyway and I'm guessing by next summer she'll have weaned on her own.

#86 of 252 Old 09-04-2007, 04:48 PM

What am I doing to prepare for ttc in 2008...

1) Start working out! I am going to be one sexy pregnant momma! :

2) Have sex anytime, anywhere. No more stressing over my chart to see when I ovulate and worry about missing THE day!

3) Plan a vacation! We are going to take advantage of our children being "farther apart" in age and go on a vacation, just the 2 of us. Our little tike is getting old enough to be away from us for an extended time plus dh and I need some time alone to reconnect after all the sadness.

4) Meet with a fertility expert just to make sure eveything is A okay before we start ttc again. My midwife doesn't think I need any, or much, tweaking. But I just want to make sure I can prevent any issues that may come along before they come along. (short lp issues..)

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#87 of 252 Old 09-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane in Corvallis View Post
1) lose that 10 pounds that's still hanging on
2) get on a regular exercise program, more for my mental health/balance than anything
3) quit drinking soda! my dirty little secret, aka bad habit
4) really love on my DH, so he feels like giving me what I want

~Diane
Soda was a hard one. One day though I said to myself I'm serious about getting pregnant. I gave it up and only had one caffeine headache and moved on. You might not be so lucky with just on night of headache though. My dh had 5 days of caffeine headache.

You can do it!

#88 of 252 Old 09-04-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post
1) Start working out! I am going to be one sexy pregnant momma! :

2) Have sex anytime, anywhere. No more stressing over my chart to see when I ovulate and worry about missing THE day!
Sounds like we'll all be sexy pregnant mammas! I worked out a lot during my pregnancy with DD and I snapped back into shape SUPER fast after she was born (we're talking I lost ALL of the 35 lbs before she was 3 weeks old... that just doesn't happen to the women in my family). In fact, I was probably in better shape when I was 41.5 weeks pregnant than I've been since high school (a decade). I want to make sure I can do that again.

I was going to start charting (I never did before DD), but we decided for me not to. We'll just use protection until we're officially ready, and then just let it go when we are. I don't want to get obsessed over when I'm ovulating and actively TTC... It sounds like something that'd totally stress me out. If I don't chart then I won't "know" for sure.

So we're just going to wing it!

#89 of 252 Old 09-04-2007, 07:53 PM

I think I may have posted here shortly after it started, but I am back. I think we will be ttcing in '08 because of a fertility issue of mine that hasn't been worked out. I go back to the doc in Nov. To pass the time and keep my mind off of things I've been going to a state park in my area and hiking 7 1/2 miles once a week and jogging about a mile a day the rest of the week. I've also started doing yoga. I want to be in great shape when I get pregnant. I would like to lose 20 lbs, but I don't think that's going to happen so I'll be happy with 10 lbs.
Elizabeth

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

#90 of 252 Old 09-04-2007, 09:25 PM

OK, Im joining in. We had planned to wait a bit longer, but my dad is ill and not doing well, so Id like him to see his next grandchild before he passes. And, my dh wants a scorpio baby (yes, he is a bit wacky) So, that means I should try to get prego in jan/feb 08. Thats the plan, at least!

In the mean time, I want to:
1)Continue to go to the gym regularly and start to regularly take cardio classes (I actually had been put on bedrest for my 1st pregnancy due to preterm labor that I am pretty sure came on bc I was spinning a few times a week and working a lot. So Im thinking I might need to slow it down during my next pregnancy, which means I need to be in tip-top shape when I get prego!)

2) Stop pumping! Im not sure when Ill be ready to do this, or when Violet will be ready to not have mammas milk. We'll see.

3) Enjoy the 1st and 2nd loves of my life, before a 3rd comes around!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page