Lea's Shield - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-15-2007, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ladies, I have been wanting a diaphragm for several months now, to use a back up to FAM. I have an appointment for a fitting next week...if aunt flow doesn't show up.

But I did some research and found Lea's shield...does anyone here have any experience with it...or anything about it other than the website.

Denise
#2 of 13 Old 02-16-2007, 12:45 AM

no experience here.......... i used to use a diaphragm but now after dd it just dosen't appeal to me. i checked the lea website and i liked it! i'm going to get one! we can't use condoms or hormonal bc and dh is against iuds.....so that dosen't leave us with many options. there is fam and the pull-out method but i have ireegular cycles and am bf so fam probably wouldn't be too reliable at this point. and pulling out SUCKS! we did that when we were teenagers thank you very much!

i'm interested if anybody does have exp with the lea sheild
#3 of 13 Old 02-16-2007, 02:47 PM

If you are cycling, then FAM/NFP is extremely effective, even with irregular cycles and breastfeeding. Its not the rhythm method. You go based on your here and now/ day to day observations. Just wanted to clear up that misconception!
#4 of 13 Old 02-16-2007, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

Let me clarify...I am new to FAM, and wanted a barrier just in case I interpreted things incorrectly.
#5 of 13 Old 02-16-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfpmom View Post
If you are cycling, then FAM/NFP is extremely effective, even with irregular cycles and breastfeeding. Its not the rhythm method. You go based on your here and now/ day to day observations. Just wanted to clear up that misconception!
i do observe signals (cp, cm) but since i have ewcm for 1-2 wks straight i don't want to avoid sex for that long!!!! i'm not very fertile though, but i'm not ready for another baby quite yet! a barrier method would just put our minds at ease. i just started cycling though and will be actually recording signals and temps (if dd lets me get enough sleep!)
#6 of 13 Old 02-18-2007, 01:21 AM

hhmmm...I'm assuming you couldn't use it unless your cervix is at the top of your vagina?

CPST
#7 of 13 Old 02-18-2007, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
hhmmm...I'm assuming you couldn't use it unless your cervix is at the top of your vagina?
:
#8 of 13 Old 02-18-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletbegonias19 View Post
i have ireegular cycles and am bf so fam probably wouldn't be too reliable at this point.
erm...I am bf and have irregular cycles and FAM is working for us...

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#9 of 13 Old 02-18-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
:

LOL
My uterus is prolapsed...my cervix is only about an inch inside my vaginal opening....just in case you were confused.

CPST
#10 of 13 Old 02-18-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
LOL
My uterus is prolapsed...my cervix is only about an inch inside my vaginal opening....just in case you were confused.
oh ok, that explains it then. I was really trying to figure it out. Thanks for explaining
#11 of 13 Old 02-20-2007, 01:43 AM

Ok, so I have one, but I haven't used it yet. I'm a little scared of the thing. It's kind of big and I have tried putting it in and taking it out a couple times. I haven't quite mastered "breaking the seal" and so it's difficult and a little painful for me to get it out. I wish I could tell you how it performs, but sadly sweetie and I broke up before we got a chance to use it (I use FAM). I originally went in to get a cervical cap but they were out of my size and making another appointment would have taken months. I didn't know at the time I'd have no use for it anytime soon

"Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free, 'tis the gift to come down where you ought to be."
#12 of 13 Old 02-20-2007, 05:13 AM

thanks for the input! when i went on the site, the diagrams did make the sheild look pretty big. but it seems like it would be more comfortable than a diaphragm with a metal spring around it. hmmmmmm............i'm going to the doc on thurs, so we'll see!!!
#13 of 13 Old 02-20-2007, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

I was wondering about dimensions. It did look big. I was also curious about the seal as well. Although, I will be using spermicide.

I will be going to the clinic this week. I only hope I can afford it. I cannot find pricing anywhere....but I told my DF we could expect to pay about the same as we are paying for a year of pills.

Thanks for your input.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page