Can we discuss the pull-out method (aka p&p)? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 05-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#4 was a p&p baby. We only had sex once that month. It was the day after my period ended, so we thought it was safe.
Quote:
The pregnancies that result from this method are almost always because of not withdrawling or being too late.
That was not the problem with us. A few super sperm must have snuck out early.
If you don't want to get pregnant, I'd find a more reliable method.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 05-01-2007, 09:54 PM

We need to do SOMETHING until we decide whether or not dh will get a vasectomy or not. I just dont cant imagined we'd be able to do this....
#33 of 36 Old 05-01-2007, 10:13 PM

Ahh, the pull-out method.

This is how I became a mommy two years ago

I would not rely on using a "pull-out method" as a form of bc at all, way to risky in my opinion.
#34 of 36 Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 PM

It works for us, and it did work for us for the 3 years before we TTC.

However, it took us 2+ years to get pregnant, so we might not be the most fertile folks out there.

I like the 80% effectiveness with relatively no work (well, none at all on my part). I am willing to accept the 20% failure rate for getting to be a lazy slug when it comes to birth control.
#35 of 36 Old 05-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Banned

P&P during ovulation resulted in my youngest child. However, I was aware that some ejaculate dripped down, when he tried to catch it, and it did come into contact with the area.
#36 of 36 Old 05-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuller2 View Post
if you really don't want to be pregnant, why aren't you using a form of birth control that's known to be actually effective?
If you *really* don't want to get pg, the only "reliable method" is abstinence or surgical removal of reproductive organs. There are methods that are *more* effective, but none of them are 100%. So when people talk about methods that are "actually effective," it really means "more effective." Anyone having sex, regardless of what kind of b/c they are using (or any at all), has a chance of getting pg. People decide on different methods based on a number of factors -- reliability, ease of use, price, personal preference, religious beliefs, etc. Someone who has big problems with other forms of b/c might very well decide that the greater chance of conceiving is worth the benefits of the method. And of course, I don't think most women who use it are deluding themselves about the reliability of it compared to other methods, any more than most women who use the pill, or a diaphragm, or condoms are deluding themselves about the reliability of those methods. There is still a chance.

I really doubt anyone would tell a woman with an unexpected pg who used a more reliable method of b/c would be advising her to use abstinence if she really didn't want to be pg.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page