Going from 2 to 3 children? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 06-12-2007, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#3 was easy here! (well, relatively : )

0-1 was hard, 1-2 was hard (they are almost exactly 2 years apart - I had trouble with having only a newborn and a spirited toddler). Dh was also getting his MBA at night during all this, which made him scarce.

#3 is 3.5 years younger than #2, and she just slipped into family life so much easier. It was great having someone to fetch a diaper or something so everything wasn't *totally* on me.

#4 was pretty much the same although she is close in age to #3 so it was back to having a newborn and toddler - this time the difference was I had a 7 and 5 year old to help a little, and they could be somewhat self sufficient in playing, etc. #3 and 4 are both horrible sleepers though (getting better...slooooowly) so that has been hard. I am "nasty mommy" when I don't get any sleep, esp. when pg.

#5 is due soon, I am hoping for an easy baby! A sleeper!

I think it really all depends on the age differences and personalities of the kids. That and what other things are going on in your life - like dh going back to school, family crises, etc.

Amy
Mom of 5 under 13
#32 of 35 Old 06-13-2007, 03:36 AM

I wanted to add that I was on the fence, but we have decided against #3. DH is about to deploy for 9 months, and has another deployment 12 months later, so if we TTC when he got home next year, that would leave me w/a 3 mo old, and I've done that already (had a tiny baby and a long deployment) so I know I don't want that again. That's one thing that stinks about the military, I feel that sometimes they dictate when we can plan children.

Add in that I'm in the 35 yr range, I think we are a no. I'm sad but not sad enough to want to TTC, KWIM? DH says no but would be on board if I *really* wanted a baby, since most of the childcare falls on me. (with him being gone so much).

I am very happy w/the two I have now, they are so much fun and we are able to do nearly everything with them at this point.
#33 of 35 Old 06-27-2007, 02:22 AM

subbing...

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#34 of 35 Old 07-05-2007, 12:25 AM

We have 3. The first and second are 17 months apart. Then 23 months later no.#3.

0 to one is by far the hardest. Trying to figure everything out. But still keeping one foot in "adult w/o kid life"!

1 to 2~ you're much more relaxed and trust your own judgment. Its putting both feet completely into motherhood.

2 to 3~ outings are tough and the laundry is out of control. But its amazing to watch your little team play together. Its a self-made playgroup. I don't ever have to entertain just referee sometimes (ok, all the time).

Jennifer- mom to Nicholas (11), Ella (10), Andrew (8) and Anna Sophia (6)
#35 of 35 Old 07-10-2007, 12:20 PM

2-3 has been a b$&*h.

1 & 2 are 26 months apart, and I think it's the 3.5 year gap that really threw me this time. It's not him, he's such an easy baby - it's the other two. They are wonderful spirited children, but they are a handful. Neither one naps anymore, and I seriously think that would be the key to my sucess. But the errands, the laundry... it's all really overwhelming right now. Granted baby is only 3.5 months old, but I wonder if it will get easier.

Everyone says that having four is nothing in comparison, but at this point I'm just too afraid to even think about any more.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page