Pearly vs. Lady Comp - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-27-2007, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I finally got the "green light" from DH to order a Lady Comp or Pearly, and I just wanted some feedback from users about the differences. Money is pretty tight around here, but the pill had been costing me 30$ a month anyway. We are probobly going to need contraception for another 1.5-2 years, then we'll be TTCing our first and needing contraception between then and any subsequent kids.
SO if you have the LadyComp do you feel like you could have gone with the Pearly instead, or have you really made use of the Lady Comps extra features? And if you have a Pearly do you wish you could upgrade to the Lady Comp for any reason. I was thinking if I needed more info, I could chart my temps like in the beggining or during TTC.But some of the things I still worry about are:
-the warranty is longer on the LC and the thermometer is replacable but on the pearly it's not.
- The wall plug seems great for most of the time, but how long does the rechargable battery last? ANd how long does it take to send in the Pearly to get it's battery changed?
#2 of 4 Old 05-27-2007, 03:03 PM

Bump
#3 of 4 Old 05-27-2007, 03:18 PM

Well heres my expereince...

I am glad I went with the Lady comp. It is the "real Thing" and seemed more durable to me. We plan on using ours for most of the reproductive years I have left, and I am almost 25.

My daughter chewed the end of my Lady comp thermometer sensor off, and I immedietly ordered another one. I dont think I couldve did that with the Pearly.

The Pearly does basicly the same thing as the Lady comp, but I think it is more the economical version! It is smaller, but one thing IVe heard may be a drawback about Pearly...? Lady comp wakes you up with a built in alarm every day, and it is dark , so when you press the button, to turn off alarm and get ready to press again to take your temp, the Lady comp lights up. Then you can see what your doing. BUt I read something about Pearly not lighting up? Pearly is just a "cheaper" version. YOu get what you pay for

Join us on the Lady comp discussion forum and ask your question there!

http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com...page=0&fpart=6
#4 of 4 Old 05-28-2007, 11:52 AM

I love that LC is visible in the dark, I don't need to get up at all to use it.I just roll over when the little alarm sounds. I like that it's rechargeable battery is good for 10 years as oppose to 2-3 with Pearly. I like that red blinking light to know when I ovulated and I often look at the "forecast". And the % year warranty cinched it for me. I bought my LC from natural methods using their installment plan.

''''

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page