Menstrual cup users: Which do you use? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Menstrual cup users: Which do you use?
The Keeper 25 43.10%
Mooncup 7 12.07%
Diva Cup 21 36.21%
Other (if there is an other!) 5 8.62%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-24-2003, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
think the Keeper has been discontinued...
This is what I was wondering...I couldn't find anyone who sold the keeper on line, so I decided to just get the diva cup. It came really fast (less than a week from Canada to the states) and looks HUGE to me, I kind of gulped when I took it out of the package... but I'm going to try it out in a week or so here. Never used one of these, but I've really never heard anything bad about them, and I feel like I've at least somewhat tried to research them. I so much hope that I like it as well as I think I'm going to, that is if I can get it in!! Egad! (I don't really think it's going to be a problem...bodies are amazing things, right?!?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2003, 01:47 PM

They look kinda scarey to get it and honestly the first few times I tried to get it in, it was tricky. The very first time it took me about a 1/2 hr to figure it out! But once I did figure it out it takes me no longer to get in really than a tampon! It only took me about 2 days of using it so that it was easy and by the end of my first cycle with it, I was a pro.

So don't give up with it if it seems frusterating at first (because it probably will be) because I LOVE LOVE my Mooncup, I couldn't live without it.

The reason I did not order the Divacup is they say that they donate part of their proceeds to womens charities and when me and 2 other friends emailed (seperate emails and I emailed them 2 times) them asking what charities the money went to they never responded back to *any* of us....made me kinda leary of them and I want to know where my money is going to- what if its a cause I dont belive in or can't support morally ya know?

I can't say enough how much I love my Mooncup, I tell everyone about it.

Marilyn

Marilyn,psych RN. Homeschooling mom to Taylor (12) and Lauryn (8)
Old 11-24-2003, 05:33 PM

http://www.thekeeper.com

I couldn't find anything about it being discontinued...why do you think it would be? I've not been brave enough to try to get mine to work again after the "great july disaster..." I keep meaning to try to uh...check things out, but I forget and then AF comes and I'm just reaching for the tampax again (yes, I know they're unhealthy, too).
Old 12-29-2003, 10:16 PM

The Keeper is not being discontinued.

The problem is that all 3 companies (Keeper, Mooncup and Divacup) have been "fighting" and stealing domain names, (just type in www.keeper.com and see that you do *not* go to the Keeper site but to Divacup site).

Ridiculas really.....

I would recommend the Mooncup or Keeper to anyone, both are great products!

Marilyn

Marilyn,psych RN. Homeschooling mom to Taylor (12) and Lauryn (8)
Old 01-01-2004, 06:27 PM

I have been using the Instead for a couple of years - they say you are supposed to toss it after every use, but I will use one for up to a year. They look a bit like a diaphragm, and are very comfortable, with little leakage! I had to use a tampon a while back when af came a couple of days early and I was at work - and holy cow, those things suck! I'll NEVER go back!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

User Tag List