Any menstrual cup users who have had a C-sect? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-07-2003, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ordered the size B or size 2 of the Divacup bc their website said to get the bigger of the 2 sizes if:

1) you have had a vaginal birth OR
2) you are over 30

Well, I am slightly over 30 and hoping for a VBAC in the next few years. Anyhoo, I am considering trying a Mooncup and wondered which size to get. They just say size A is for those who haven't had a vaginal birth, size B for those who have.

Anyone???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-07-2003, 01:21 AM

I'm forty and I had a c-section, and I use the menstrual cup (Keeper) that I have used since I was 34ish or so. I'm quite skeptical that you need a bigger size (frankly, I think the small Keeper is on the edge of being too big anyway) if you're older. I'm also skeptical that you need a bigger size if you have had a vaginal birth, as I think that is based on some old beliefs that women always "stretch out" during birth and that the vaginal tissue never recovers. But I don't have any personal experience to back up my beliefs, and it's not like anyone has ever done any formal before and after studies measuring up there.

Karla
#3 of 8 Old 07-07-2003, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lifetapestry
I'm also skeptical that you need a bigger size if you have had a vaginal birth, as I think that is based on some old beliefs that women always "stretch out" during birth and that the vaginal tissue never recovers. But I don't have any personal experience to back up my beliefs, and it's not like anyone has ever done any formal before and after studies measuring up there.
Karla, you always crack me up!!! :LOL

How much bigger is the bigger size of these anyway?
#4 of 8 Old 07-07-2003, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by pb_and_j

How much bigger is the bigger size of these anyway?
Yeah, and why do they think that I suddenly lost all muscle tone down there when I turned 30? I DID my kegels faithfully when pg!!!! Nothing falling out down there...:LOL :LOL
#5 of 8 Old 07-07-2003, 01:53 AM

It's not that the size is different, it's the softness/stiffness. The cup for after childbirth/older women is a bit softer, reflecting the natural softer muscle tone in these women. You may not feel appreciably different if you're in either of these categories -- it can be subtle. A softer cup if you're softer in overall tone will keep the cup from leaking, though, so it's an important difference.
#6 of 8 Old 07-07-2003, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mamaste
It's not that the size is different, it's the softness/stiffness. The cup for after childbirth/older women is a bit softer, reflecting the natural softer muscle tone in these women. You may not feel appreciably different if you're in either of these categories -- it can be subtle. A softer cup if you're softer in overall tone will keep the cup from leaking, though, so it's an important difference.
Oh, I get it now! I really had no idea. Thanks for the info!
#7 of 8 Old 07-07-2003, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

*oops* posted to the wrong window!!! edited...

softer sounds better to me, and I think I will try that! Thanks!!!!
#8 of 8 Old 07-07-2003, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mamaste
Well, they call it Size A and Size B-- not softness A and softness B. What you're saying makes sense but it's not explained like that by the company, and the pics I recall seeing suggest that the after childbirth cup is in fact bigger.

Karla

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page