Child Spacing - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 09-13-2007, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My boys are exactly 3 yrs and 2 weeks apart. I really like that spacing for them. My older ds is not as wild as the younger so having a baby around when he was 3 was doable. I still ran around like a headless chicken sometimes that first year. Heck, I still do and they are 6 and 3 now.

We've been thinking about adding a 3rd child and honestly my 3 yr old has me waiting. He is so high energy and head strong that he consumes almost all my energy. So I'm not sure if I want to add another baby to the crazy mix.
#32 of 35 Old 09-13-2007, 02:08 AM

Mine are 3 years 2 days apart, and I like that spacing. Close enough that they'll still play together some, but far enough that the oldest was quite independent by the time the baby came (out of diapers, able to speak and care a bit for herself).

I do think it depends on the children and on the mom and no single answer will be right for every family.

For me, I definitely want to nurse a minimum of 2 years, and it has to feel right in my heart and for my body. For my parenting style and my body, 3 years is my minimum, and when we have #3 it will probably be a bigger then 3 year gap (or at least that's what I think at this point )

Naomi, mama to Faith (12/03) and Hannah (12/06) and Kai, a homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg on 5/15/10
#33 of 35 Old 09-13-2007, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempestjewel View Post
Mine are 3 years 2 days apart, and I like that spacing. Close enough that they'll still play together some, but far enough that the oldest was quite independent by the time the baby came (out of diapers, able to speak and care a bit for herself).

I do think it depends on the children and on the mom and no single answer will be right for every family.

For me, I definitely want to nurse a minimum of 2 years, and it has to feel right in my heart and for my body. For my parenting style and my body, 3 years is my minimum, and when we have #3 it will probably be a bigger then 3 year gap (or at least that's what I think at this point )
Ha! I could have written your post as well.
#34 of 35 Old 09-13-2007, 03:41 AM

We've just got one at the moment, but DD is now coming up on 13 months and I've started to get the "baby thoughts" again. It's not quite "baby fever", certainly nowhere near the state I was in before conceiving DD, but heading in that direction.

It's reassuring to hear other moms who had 21/22 month spacing and thought it was fine. Of course, AF hasn't shown up yet so we may have a bigger gap as long as DD continues to nurse through the night.
#35 of 35 Old 09-14-2007, 02:15 PM

Location: Trying to find my way through Homeschool curriculum:)
I have 4 kids. The first and second child are 2.5 years apart, and the second and third are 13 months apart and I thought it would be hard but in retrospect it was easier making the transition when my third was born because I was already in 'baby mode'. I pretty much raised them together and they play very well together. I liked the spacing, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Now my third and fourth are 4.5 years apart. I have liked this to because I feel like I have a lot more time to give to my baby. At the same time it's like 'starting over'. I wish I had them closer because my older ones are at an age where they can do some 'big kid' things, but my 9 month old is too young to participate. Hope that helps!

happy 2 B

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page