People purposefully trying to have twins? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 07-19-2008, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barose View Post
I do however want to chime in and say I don't buy the 35+ high risk thing either given my own and the experience of others on this board, other boards and in real life.
Definitely.

I personally have mixed feelings on this whole subject. In fact, I'm not even sure what I believe on this subject. I can see the reasoning behind both sides of the argument.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#32 of 43 Old 07-20-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranrene View Post
As for the woman who took Clomid and had triplets, the same thing is known to happen with one baby and no Clomid.
Sure it happens but is it reasonable to purposely put yourself in a high risk situation for no medical reason? You have to admit that carrying multiples is far riskier for mom and babies than carrying a singleton.
#33 of 43 Old 07-20-2008, 01:23 AM

Sure twins are riskier, but that's a chance some women are willing to take. I have multiple medical problems that make me high risk of losing a child, yet I am willing to try yet again to have a baby anyway because that's a chance I am willing to take. Does this make me irresponsible or selfish?

Personally, taking a medication (prescribed or otherwise) is not a chance I am willing to take (even though I would like twins myself, I prefer God's Will), but I am not going to judge another woman for trying it. I would like to have twins simply because this is my last time and I want a large family, lots of brothers and sisters because I am a sibling of six and I love having so many brothers and sisters...

We will just agree to disagree - it's not likely we will change each other's minds on the subject.
#34 of 43 Old 07-20-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranrene View Post
Sure twins are riskier, but that's a chance some women are willing to take. I have multiple medical problems that make me high risk of losing a child, yet I am willing to try yet again to have a baby anyway because that's a chance I am willing to take. Does this make me irresponsible or selfish?

We will just agree to disagree - it's not likely we will change each other's minds on the subject.
I also have a medical condition that puts me at a high risk for miscarriage. I have lost 3 babies already and am pregnant for the last time right now. I am doing everything in my power to decrease the risk to myself and my baby.

IMO, taking Clomid solely for the purpose of increasing your chance of having multiples is irresponsible as you are also purposely increasing the risk of complications for your children. One shouldn't be willing to put their childrens' lives at risk because twins are cute.

Yup, we'll have to agree to disagree and that's cool.
#35 of 43 Old 07-21-2008, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
stay away from yams and all types of sweet potatoes
yes!

my Nana had two sets of twins (nine kids total- my grandma was part of the first set). she birthed unassisted too 96 years old..

mischievous.gif
#36 of 43 Old 07-23-2008, 03:30 PM

i would love to have twins...because then i'd know that would be it for me.
i have one, wish i could have had two because i wouldn't be thinking about getting pregnant again.
i want to have another soley because i have very little family and my son would be alone .....
#37 of 43 Old 08-06-2008, 07:53 PM

So I am a healthy and fertile 28 year old woman and I have a beautiful healthy 7year old daughter which I concieved naturaly,no prolems with pregnacy at all.
i am now ready to ahve another child but want to increase my chances of having twins,I was trying to do some research on buying generic clomid online and just try it for one cycle,if i conceive just one child I would be thrilled but twins would be great!What do you think my chances ar for having twins and I would like to hear from other woman who ahve already tried to do this .thanks so much
#38 of 43 Old 08-06-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrl3121 View Post
So I am a healthy and fertile 28 year old woman and I have a beautiful healthy 7year old daughter which I concieved naturaly,no prolems with pregnacy at all.
i am now ready to ahve another child but want to increase my chances of having twins,I was trying to do some research on buying generic clomid online and just try it for one cycle,if i conceive just one child I would be thrilled but twins would be great!What do you think my chances ar for having twins and I would like to hear from other woman who ahve already tried to do this .thanks so much

Buying prescription w/o a script is illegal and dangerous.

I suggest reading the rest of the replies and maybe editing your post before it gets yanked.
#39 of 43 Old 08-08-2008, 04:40 PM

i cant imagine taking something to make yourself have twins unless you have to. Now if you have a fertility problem and need meds to get pregnant at all thats a different story, I have no problem with that. But taking meds when you dont need them just cause you want twins? I myself wouldnt mind having twins but I would never make myself have twins. If I am blessed naturally with twins that awesome, if not fine.
#40 of 43 Old 08-13-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrl3121 View Post
you've got to be kidding!!:

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
#41 of 43 Old 08-13-2008, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimunklemama View Post
you've got to be kidding!!:
Yeah that!
#42 of 43 Old 08-16-2008, 08:31 PM

I would never do it. It seems unnatural to me. There is also the risk of more than twins. Ever see John & Kate plus 8?! No thanks!!! Multiple births feel too risky for me and it is not something I would intentionally try for. I would welcome it if it were to happen naturally, but I'm not one to screw with what was meant to be.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#43 of 43 Old 08-17-2008, 08:53 AM

here's what can happen if you take drugs to increase your chances of multiples.
Thankfully these are doing well,one was even 6lbs AND she made it to her eighth month!!!
but still...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080816/...ypt_septuplets

Natasha,Mum to many.
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page