* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 08-05-2003, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#2 of 13 Old 08-05-2003, 04:50 PM

well, it has happened. i just recently met a woman who's dds are 11 months apart, and she was nursing!
maybe you are super-fertile, and maybe your uterus is just being weird. i don't have much advice to give you except that you may want to invest in some OPKs and pregnancy tests if you guys are going to have sex without any form of contraception. charting is great and all, but nursing makes it challenging to say the least, so perhaps you need the OPKs to help you there.
#3 of 13 Old 08-05-2003, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

i thought ebf'ing and being THIS early pp would be a little more reliable...i probably wont be able to test for another couple weeks right?

what is implantation bleeding like? i didnt have that with dd--could that be what it is? could it be my uterus is just getting rid of some more 'stuff'? (after 4 weeks fluid was colourless/white--no sign of blood)

i wouldnt be TOTALLY upset if i was but i would like more time with dd...

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

#4 of 13 Old 08-05-2003, 05:18 PM

i would THINK you'd need to be 2 weeks after the suspected conception date to test, but not sure.

i just thought of something though. if you guys have had sex 2 nights in a row recently, maybe your cervix or vagina got irritated and that's where the pink tinge is coming from. you had some stitches, right? maybe the suture site got rubbed a bit, and that's all you're seeing.
#5 of 13 Old 08-05-2003, 08:57 PM

It's absolutely possible. The birth mother of 3 of my boys has given birth to 3 boys in 20 months. She gets pregnant almost as soon as the previous child is born.

I think all you can do is wait patiently and test in a few weeks. If you're not going to be devastated then you don't have to worry too much. Also, the first year with the new baby is hard, but after that it's very nice to have kids that close in age. My 2 are very close.
#6 of 13 Old 08-06-2003, 03:29 AM

One of my good friends got pregnant with her 3rd child the first time she had sex after her 2nd. So it can happen. She wasn't breastfeeding though...

I never had implantation bleeding, so no help there...

I have heard of mom's who's pp bleeding comes back if they're up and about and doing way too much. I don't know if that could happen to you at 7 weeks pp though...

I got a positive pregnancy test at 8days after ovulation. So you may get a positive earlier if you are indeed pregnant, but then again you might need 2 weeks or more...

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#7 of 13 Old 08-06-2003, 02:50 PM

I know someone who got pg at about 4 weeks postpartum, but she wasn't breastfeeding.

Michelle -mom to Katlyn 4/00 , Jake 3/02, and Seth 5/04
#8 of 13 Old 08-06-2003, 03:01 PM

It's possible, I know of several siblings that are 11 months apart. However, I don't know a single instance where the mom was ebf at the time of conception.
May I suggest VCF as a non-obtrusive, non-hormonal extra measure? I don't think it is effective enough on it's own, but it'd be great for the first 6 months. Or even a gel or foam for extra lubrication?

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#9 of 13 Old 08-06-2003, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for all the info everyone..

one question, what's vcf?

#10 of 13 Old 08-06-2003, 04:13 PM

Vaginal contraceptive film.

You fold it up and insert it against your cervix, where it turns into a gel barrier. Your body "rinses" it away. I used it briefly in-between periods of TTC. Only problem I had was that it requires even just a little bit of preparation.
#11 of 13 Old 08-06-2003, 04:18 PM

Yeah, sorry about that. It requires 15 minutes to work, but it's good for 3 hours. So, I sometimes use it in advance and then I turn out not to need it. But it's the only one that doesn't smell funny or make it feel toooo slippery.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#12 of 13 Old 08-09-2003, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

#13 of 13 Old 08-09-2003, 08:08 PM

*wiping forehead* :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page