Temp dip afer O but before AF? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2003, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TCOYF mentions a one day dip after O accompanied by creamy cm that is from a drop in estrogen or something...but I have had a 2 day drop now. Also, I have not been dry since my temp indicated O. Do you think I didn't really O and it's coming late? I have no idea what this all means it's my first month charting so if anyone has an idea I'd love to hear!! TIA!!!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2003, 09:55 PM

Amy,

You said this was your first chart--- it is totally normal to have questions. First of all, your CM signs should always precede your temperature signs. Why? Well, because your basal temperature may be influenced by things like whether you had any alcohol the night before, how many hours of rest you had, any extra night lighting, etc, whereas, your CM signs are influenced (almost) entirely by your hormones.

Can you share a few more details from your chart? What day of your cycle do you think you O'd? How many days of more-fertile CM did you notice before that O? Have you noticed any drying up, or creamy/sticky CM? If your cycles are short (less than 26 days), then you might be noticing that rise in estrogen, but you would need some more details to know for sure.

So, are you noticing fertile CM right now? You might have a delayed ovulation, or a perfectly normal "double peak", where your body has two surges of progestrone. Your observations over the next couple of days will help.

Palmetto
P.S. - Hang in there. I have been practicing NFP for 3 years, and occassionally observe a sign that perplexes (see my post on unusual CM). : )
Old 08-10-2003, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks

Well, I counted my CM in the middle of the cycle as my EWCM; it wasn't the best quality I have ever had (last month, when I quit the pill, I had Niagara Falls so I knew for sure). I'm new at totally analyzing my cm though. I have a lot that I wouldn't call sticky but I wouldn't call true EW, and it's not the creamy kind so I just don't know. However, what I thought I should consider EW this month coincided with a thermal rise and happened on day 16, which should be about right as my cycles are normally about 28 days. Also, I had 2 days of very light spotting indicating ovulation....so I figured that was it. But now I definitely have that lotiony kind and my temp has gone from over 97.9 back down to my coverline of 97.7. And I can say that most of my temps, though I never get 3 hours of sleep beforehand thanks to DS, have been right where they should be. It's just confusing, I've never paid so much attention to CM before LOL.

Last month I had a really long cycle. I was on the minipill but near the end of the cycle I suspected pregnancy (I had messed up the pills and had some weird symptoms) so I stopped the pill around day 22 or so just in case. I apparently ovulated shortly after that and had a 6 week cycle (obviously wasn't pregnant LOL).

So that's it in a nutshell. I've been charting online too just to get more input. Though where BD is noted we were using protection when I was fertile.

Thank you so much for your help!

My Chart

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Old 08-13-2003, 03:58 AM

I wasn't able to access your chart, but I'll try to answer your question. Sometimes, you can gear up to O (have the fertile cm and even a temp spike), but not really O. If you'd O'd your temp would have stayed up for at least 3 days (though you can have a fall-back pattern). My body has done that to me several times. I'll think I've O'd only to realize that it didn't really happen.

User Tag List