What about.......is this cheating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-11-2003, 03:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What about the ovulation/fertility monitors? I have seen them at Walgreen but not read about them or studied them.

Are they anouther tool? Or are they cheating>? Is it easier just to use them? Or use them in addition?

Do they work? Can they be used looong trem as BC or are thye jsut for actually TTC?

I can't wait for my book to arrivce so I can study!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I am in Grad school!!!!!!!!!

and..............................

why are we not teaching this to our daughters; so they know their bodies, so they are 31 and clueless and trying to learn so they can get off the Pill????

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2003, 08:10 PM

---------------
why are we not teaching this to our daughters; so they know their bodies, so they are 31 and clueless and trying to learn so they can get off the Pill????
----------------

Aimee,

I *totally* agree about teaching this to our daughters. I have terrible memories of sitting through sex ed classes in school, embarassed, feeling like my body was some mysterious, icky creature. And somehwere along the way, I came to believe that fertility was something to be medicated with pills, implants and creams. When did being a woman become a disease?

I am thankful everyday that my DH pulled me aside when we were engaged and asked me if I had ever heard of NFP : )

Palmetto
Old 08-14-2003, 12:47 AM

hehehe
I was already planning on having ds1 and ds2 both read Toni's book when they get older....
I mean dh wants to help get started charting and stuff, but is even more mystified by the female cycle than I was before I read Taking Charge...

I would totally love for both my boys to be responsible partners to their future wives...

*sigh*

*edited to add....

I forgot...I read a few places online where women said they used those monitors as back-up support for their charting. But in her book, I think I remember Toni W. saying that they aren't reliable enough--at least not to take place of the whole FA method....
I wouldn't rely on them for bc....

mom to three boys:  reading.gif(18 bigeyes.giffencing.gif(10&7)
Old 08-18-2003, 12:11 AM

Lol!

I was really lucky to know about NFP since I was a little girl. I remember playing with my mom's charting stickers and putting them on pictures I drew
I also knew several single girls in college, not sexually active, who were charting just to be more aware of their cycles.
I never ever took the pill or any contraceptives and have always had a totally regular cycle and charting was a piece of cake for me. I really feel for you moms who had to find NFP the hard way.

RRRRRRRR it makes me so mad how sex ed totally thrusts fertility awareness out the window and just tells girls to take a magical pill.

User Tag List