Charting to Avoid - February Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 182 Old 02-11-2008, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey y'all! Welcome to another week I know I can't be the only one struggling with consistency. AnnieA thanks for the reply. I just don't see that making my wake time earlier is going to help though. I don't *always* have to use the bathroom in the early morning, just occassionally and it isn't at all consistent time wise. Also, the dog doesn't *always* need to go out just sometimes. My "normal" wake up alarm goes off at 7:25am and then I temp and get out of bed. This works. I just don't know what to do about those odd days. I know I have read somewhere (here?) that FF adjusts for those but it still gives me a hard time. Also, am I right that if I wake up and need to pee at 5am that is also the time I should temp even if I am going to get back in bed and sleep until 7:25am? What about letting the dog out at 4:30am? Do I temp then? I have been temping at whatever time I orginally wake up since in peeing and letting the dog out I will move. Am I correct?

Thanks!

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

#62 of 182 Old 02-11-2008, 02:55 PM

I've been using a LadyComp, and the rules they give for temping are:

1. You have a three hour window in each direction from your normal temping time (6 hours total).

2. You should have at least 3 hours of sleep before taking your temperature.

My normal temping time is 5:45 am. If I wake up at four and have to go to the bathroom, I temp at four. If I wake up at one, I don't temp until my regular time. This seems to work pretty well for me, though I'm brand-spanking new at this, and no kind of expert.
#63 of 182 Old 02-11-2008, 03:00 PM

I started what I thought was about 9 days in. I have the mirena IUD and don't have regular periods, so I guessed. I thought my body was cycling every month since I have symptoms (bloating, grumpiness--general PMS symptoms) but I guess it's not as regular as I thought. I wish I could talk DH into letting me get the IUD removed already--I'm so ready to let my body get back to normal.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#64 of 182 Old 02-11-2008, 03:15 PM

Subbing - gotta do some more reading. :
#65 of 182 Old 02-11-2008, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Lurker View Post

Augustine - Did you guys decide to try this month, or hold off for a bit?
We decided to wait a month or two. I started calculating my due date this month and realized that it would be Nov. and then next month would be a Dec. baby and I'd rather not have a holiday baby. Too busy, too cold, etc. So we're thinking to start "not avoiding" in April. Then it would be a January baby, maybe Feb or March. That would be nicer! We also still constantly waffle about having a third, but overall it's what we want. Although, all that being said, we had a big oops this month, so we'll see!

Jenne, I temp every morning at the same time, regardless if I was woken up at 5am or 6am and rolled over to nurse my toddler. Though I never actually get OUT of bed ( cosleeping), I often wake up a couple hours before I temp and am awake for a little bit. I still doze off and temp again an hour later at my normal time. Although after reading anyonyma's advice I might start temping earlier if I wake up earlier after having a consistant amount of sleep.

Danelle -- Yeah, I had the Mirena and I had completely irregular cycles with lots of bloating and cramping. I don't think I was ovulating at all. I had zero sex drive, for one thing, and after having it out I am waaay back to normal in that department!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#66 of 182 Old 02-11-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
We decided to wait a month or two. I started calculating my due date this month and realized that it would be Nov. and then next month would be a Dec. baby and I'd rather not have a holiday baby. Too busy, too cold, etc. So we're thinking to start "not avoiding" in April. Then it would be a January baby, maybe Feb or March. That would be nicer! We also still constantly waffle about having a third, but overall it's what we want. Although, all that being said, we had a big oops this month, so we'll see!
I was thinking the same thing about conceiving in March, but then I was wondering if April would be any better since I'd be due around the first week of January. Since I've never been pg. I don't know if it would be worse to be at the end of my pregnancy during the holidays (traveling 2 hours to see family) or to be due around Dec. 9th. I was born on Xmas Eve and love it, so obviously it has more to do with me than the baby!

Augustine-When do you find out about your big oops?

SAHM to DS (11/08) and EDD 3/8/11!
#67 of 182 Old 02-11-2008, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Hi can I join in? I just bought my thermometer and took my first temp this morning, for several cycles now I've been doing pretty much Billings method, watching for fluid and cervical position and being really conservative about when we counted as fertile.

Question: do I have to be completely asleep for 3 hours or is brief waking when DS latches on in the early morning ok? Say I wake at 5:30 for a moment but don't get up or do anything and temp at 7?
#68 of 182 Old 02-11-2008, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Chisub -- I ovulated 3 days ago, so I suppose I'll find out about 10-15 days from now. I also wonder the same thing about the due dates. For your first time it might be nice to have holidays take your mind off the end of your pg because it can get long waiting for the baby! Really I keep reminding myself that anytime will be fine. If I got pg this cycle the due date would be around Nov 1. Next cycle I guess that would put us at Dec 1 which really would be fine, and better than Jan 1 I think! But heck who knows and one just can't put too much thought into such things! What will be will be.

JamieCatheryn: I temp the same way that you do (waking briefly sometimes), so I think it's fine! My chart is easy to read.

#69 of 182 Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn View Post
Question: do I have to be completely asleep for 3 hours or is brief waking when DS latches on in the early morning ok? Say I wake at 5:30 for a moment but don't get up or do anything and temp at 7?
I agree that that sounds fine. I think that it's more about getting up and moving around: going to the bathroom, letting the dog out/in, getting a glass of water, those kinds of things. I often wake a couple of times in the middle of the night and go right back to sleep. I don't think that would have much of an effect on your temps.
#70 of 182 Old 02-12-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonyma View Post
I've been using a LadyComp, and the rules they give for temping are:

1. You have a three hour window in each direction from your normal temping time (6 hours total).

My normal temping time is 5:45 am. If I wake up at four and have to go to the bathroom, I temp at four. If I wake up at one, I don't temp until my regular time. This seems to work pretty well for me, though I'm brand-spanking new at this, and no kind of expert.

This makes temping a lot easier on my mind! I've been so worried I was screwing it up somehow.

FF took away my crosshairs again. That's the second time. It is the o date happiest program! I really wish I could get the Ovusoft one already. I really like that program now that I've had the chance to use and no longer can't.

My cycles are the same as with DD1 and started out longer and each month get shorter until they get back to my normal. If that holds true again this month than AF should be here realatively soon. I'm on cd30 and getting to the point of wishing AF would show up. That might b due to excitement over my new sponges though.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#71 of 182 Old 02-12-2008, 08:15 PM

: I got it! I got AF today as well as my basal thermometer from UPS. I'm geared up and ready to go!

So I am officially beginning CTA... TODAY! YAY! :

Question:

I didn't start AF until just now, this late in the day (4PM)... so do I still count today as day one?

Oh! I'm so excited! I kind of did my own FAM for a few years before I even knew it had a name. I'm fairly close to a 28 day cycle, so i just used the week off around the 14th day/keep an eye on the CM method. It worked well enough for a few years! SO I'm very confident that actually charting and temping will only make it THAT much more successful.

I'm happy to be here with you mamas!
#72 of 182 Old 02-12-2008, 08:22 PM

Yep, today would be cd1. Good timing UPS!

#73 of 182 Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Jesus View Post
Yay! I'm not officially CTA until AF rolls through so I can begin... So I guess I'll check back in sometime around the 12th!
I'm on a roll already! I had a feeling the 12th would be the day.
#74 of 182 Old 02-12-2008, 09:04 PM

Wow, Mrs. Jesus, that's pretty impressive.
#75 of 182 Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 PM

Hi, can I join? I've just been reading TCOYF this week and am amazed at how now I know what's going on with my body. I always used to wonder what on earth fertile CM was, now I know! Yay! DH didn't want to see it, but I thought it was cool.

I've been temping when I remember, until I enlisted DH, so sporadically, and watching CM. According to CM, I'm ovulating around now.

Anyway, I came to this forum looking for a answer to my question about temping. TCOYF says you should temp after three straight hours of sleep. What's that? Actually, DD has been sleeping thru the night every other night this week, but I wakeup 8-9 am. If she's STTN, she will sleep 10-11 pm to 5:30 wake/potty/nurse, then 6:30-7 am wake up and potty, 8 am wake/potty/nurse. So is temping at 6:30 am doing me any good? DH sticks the digital thermometer in, and it remembers the last temp taken.

Also, does anyone here check the groin lymph nodes like she describes on TCOYF? I would like to know how hard/easy it is to tell. I tried, but not sure. Thanks!

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#76 of 182 Old 02-12-2008, 11:05 PM

I'd maybe switch to the 5:30 time and temp. then. Or there is always what a pp (anonyma) said up above:

Quote:

My normal temping time is 5:45 am. If I wake up at four and have to go to the bathroom, I temp at four. If I wake up at one, I don't temp until my regular time. This seems to work pretty well for me, though I'm brand-spanking new at this, and nto kind of expert.
That helped put things in perspective for me a bit.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#77 of 182 Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 AM

Hello ladies. I came to this community on a recommendation from someone else to ask about FAM-knowledgeable gynecologists in my area. However, after visiting a few forums, I'd really like to stay. We don't plan to TTC for 6 years or so, but I'd love to have a strong arsenal ready for detractors of our decisions (particularly vax and circ). I'd probably not post much, not being a parent, except maybe here, because I am always on the lookout for other charting ladies.

So I guess what I'm saying, is is anyone going to care that I have no kiddos? (As long as I don't go posting parenting advice. ) We've been CTA for 6 months.

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#78 of 182 Old 02-13-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
Hello ladies. I came to this community on a recommendation from someone else to ask about FAM-knowledgeable gynecologists in my area. However, after visiting a few forums, I'd really like to stay. We don't plan to TTC for 6 years or so, but I'd love to have a strong arsenal ready for detractors of our decisions (particularly vax and circ). I'd probably not post much, not being a parent, except maybe here, because I am always on the lookout for other charting ladies.

So I guess what I'm saying, is is anyone going to care that I have no kiddos? (As long as I don't go posting parenting advice. ) We've been CTA for 6 months.
I don't have kids. I don't think it's a problem at all -- I've never felt anything but welcome here
#79 of 182 Old 02-13-2008, 12:36 PM

(Sk8ermaiden you should check out the Not Yet a Mama tribe too! There are lots of us here! Welcome!)

So, yesterday AM my temp dropped below coverline and I thought, "I'm going to have my period start today." And it did! (And then I thought, shoot! I have my period. Valentine's Day is 2 days away. Oh, well. Sigh.)

Thank you all for your help and answers and support. MDC rocks!

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#80 of 182 Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM

Hi Mamas and not-yet-mamas!

We are trying to get back into the charting habit after many months of no cycles... We charted to avoid for two years before TTC, then got pregnant, then baby was born, then 14ish months of no periods. I started my second post-partum cycle last week.

We're co-sleeping and working on night-weaning, so I don't get to take my temperature at the same time every day, and don't always get three hours of sleep, but I try. We're not planning to add another person to our family for some time, so we're in this charting thing for the long haul, I think.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#81 of 182 Old 02-13-2008, 02:10 PM

Good morning ladies! Can one of you charting divas take a look at my chart and see what's going on? I think I am ovulating today or tomorrow but who knows? This would be a big problem since tomorrow is Valentine's Day but I am going out of town early tomorrow morning for a funeral so we should be o.k. since I won't be back in town until Saturday. I am just not sure yet of what my body should do since this is only my second cycle. Thanks!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#82 of 182 Old 02-13-2008, 02:38 PM

Based on your CM I would say your gearing up to O, but it doesn't mean that you will. Each month is a beast in and of itself so you should probably assume you are fertile now just in case.

#83 of 182 Old 02-13-2008, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to all the new ladies! Sk8ermaiden -- children definitely not required to join our thread!

Annie -- It does look like you're getting close to O based on your CM and CP.

#84 of 182 Old 02-13-2008, 07:58 PM

AnnieA I think you've gotten advice so far so I'll just nod and agree. I had a pre-O spike last month so the whole idea of a body "gearing up" makes sense to me.

Jenne

02/11/2011   

#85 of 182 Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 PM

Thanks ladies for looking at my chart. I was just so confused by the steep temp drop this morning. Or perhaps yesterday's temp spike was an anomoly? Who knows? But there is definately plenty of EWCM right now and this evening a pain around my left ovary so probably ovulating...thanks again!

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#86 of 182 Old 02-15-2008, 02:33 AM

First of all...:::.

I had some sort of CM from CD 11 to CD 26 with no ovulation! I didn't think it was ever going to end! But, to be safe, we abstained or used condoms until CD 26, when we forgot and didn't use any protection . It's now CD 30 for me, and my temp has done nothing but go up up up since CD 28. I'm miffed and scared at the same time! Pray for us...we so do NOT need another baby right now!

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!
#87 of 182 Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 AM

lol. I came to this list for the same sort of ooopsie. Hoping you luck out as well. /hugs

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#88 of 182 Old 02-15-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspook View Post
First of all...:::.

I had some sort of CM from CD 11 to CD 26 with no ovulation! I didn't think it was ever going to end! But, to be safe, we abstained or used condoms until CD 26, when we forgot and didn't use any protection . It's now CD 30 for me, and my temp has done nothing but go up up up since CD 28. I'm miffed and scared at the same time! Pray for us...we so do NOT need another baby right now!
fingers crossed you aren't.
#89 of 182 Old 02-16-2008, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I may join the ranks of slightly concerned as my chart went triphasic according to FF and we dtd/withdrawal 4 days before O and dh admitted to leaking a little. I still think it is really slim chance plus I already feel crampy and AF is due monday so I will know pretty quickly. We'll see how long I avoid POS that I have in my cupboard.

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014
#90 of 182 Old 02-16-2008, 01:16 PM

Looks this was a bad cycle for all of us!

FF still isn't showing that I O'd so I dunno. We'll see.

Amanda: Christian, wife to musician DH since 2002, mom to intact & vax free "monkey" DS1 since 12/21/06, and "lovey" DS2 5/17/10! WINNER OF THE GOLDEN BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page