Can I conceive the day before my period starts? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-20-2008, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or should start, that is. My period always comes 3 days before the full moon, which would have been Tuesday. So on Monday we had unprotected sex, which we NEVER do, thinking it was safe because I had already been having cramps and emotional swings. Well, it's Thursday, still no period. No more cramps either. Very tired, and can't get enough fresh air (just like the 1st trimester with DD).
?
Of course, motherhood is tiring, spring air is intoxicating, and sometimes cycles cycle off course a bit. Oy.
#2 of 6 Old 03-22-2008, 01:26 AM

Very, very unlikely... unless you are in the minority of women who can ovulate more than once a cycle, it is pretty much impossible! Once ovulation is completed (and you did not catch the egg!), you will get your period about 14 days later, whether you DTD or not.
#3 of 6 Old 03-22-2008, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
If your not charting I would say anything is "possible" but not likely. I mean there is the rare chance that you ovulated very, very late in your cycle, some women have the odd cycle now and then, then "maybe". I do know one women personally who DTD the day before she was "expecting" AF and got pregnant.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#4 of 6 Old 03-23-2008, 05:53 AM

It is unlikely, but not impossible. It is very common to have a cycle here and there where you ovulate much later than usual. Since AF isn't here yet, that means you are either pregnant or you ovulated late (or didn't ovulate at all).

I'm Kellie :, married to Chris , and mom to one baby girl (7/12/09).
#5 of 6 Old 03-23-2008, 05:57 AM
Banned

Im pretty sure I conceived the day before my period was due with DS. I dont know if that means I ovulate more than once a month, which as PP said is very unlikely as only a small percentage of women do, but maybe I just happened to ovulate more than once in that specific month.
#6 of 6 Old 03-25-2008, 01:35 PM

If you are charting and you know for sure that your period is due the next day, it would be pretty much impossible to conceive the day before. There would be no egg, because your luteal phase would be ending.

But, if you did conceive, it's that then you didn't conceive the day before your period is starting. You conceived in the middle of a very very long cycle, in which you didn't ovulated until very late. It does happen.

Just ftr, in TCOYF, she says that women do not ovulate twice in one cycle unless the eggs are released within 24 hours of each other (twins). It's not possible to ovulate twice as in once one week and then once two weeks later.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page