Longer luteal phase than normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2008, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
What could cause a longer luteal phase than normal? AKA my period is late and I'm almost certain I'm not pregnant. Usually comes 10-13 DPO and I'm 15 DPO now, possibly 14. I wasn't able to temp but CM dried up and cervix went to LFC right after that. I suppose anovulation is possible but that was the only patch of fertile signs, at my normal time CD 20, and things have stayed the same since then. I've been having signs of impending menstruation for several days now but no bleeding. I know B vitamins can lengthen a too short LP, could something in my diet have done this and if so what? Any other explainations? And don't say pregnancy, I suppose I'll test if this goes on much longer but the odds are very very low of that.

Edit: period arrived, 16 DPO!? Last night there was some nausea thrown in to further confuse me too. My body playing an April Fools? I wasn't fooled though...much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you sure of your ovulation date? Usually when cycle length varies it's because ovulation was delayed (though I'm sure you know that since you specify DPO). My only lengthened luteal phases are when I'm pregnant; ordinarily I have short phases.

Rachelle, mommy to 8 year old boys! 

My Blog-free homeschooling finds and my lesson plans and link to the new User Agreement

User Tag List