The "I might be pregnant but I wasn't trying" thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

#301 of 1838 Old 05-27-2008, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well i tested and a clear huge BFN. sadly...for me...dh would not be happy but i was hoping. somehow i still don't believe the result. although i had been spotting brown and a bit of pink the last 2 days i had a light flow this am but i didn't even fill up a tampon in 7 hours (usually i fill 3 on my first day) so this is officially the weirdest AF i've had in my entire life. still "light" here on day 3 of "blood" and thats never happened. maybe its cause this is the shortest between af's since before kids?...just didn't have enough time ot really build up all the blood so its lighter? maybe i didn't ovulate? my temps haven't dropped at ALL so thats really weirding me out as well. i will take another test with FMU just to confirm but i am sure it will still be negative...no easy answers for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 1838 Old 05-27-2008, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
danielle, sorry you didn't get the results you were after.

I also didn't get the results i was hoping for. BFP.(well not quite big and fat, but faint, mind boggling, and irritating) Two tests with faint lines, i will test with the morning urine as well.

I am trying to warm to the idea, I am sure I will be there soon.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#303 of 1838 Old 05-27-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelysmommy View Post
danielle, sorry you didn't get the results you were after.

I also didn't get the results i was hoping for. BFP.(well not quite big and fat, but faint, mind boggling, and irritating) Two tests with faint lines, i will test with the morning urine as well.

I am trying to warm to the idea, I am sure I will be there soon.
oh i'm sorry! i'll trade you? why can't people do that yet? trade uteruses? ha! i think i should look into that as a career field!
#304 of 1838 Old 05-28-2008, 07:35 AM

Well, it was another BFN. AF should be here any day now. I'm relieved, but a little sad. I think this last week has shown me that I really do want another baby.

I hope that you all get the outcomes that you're looking for!!!
#305 of 1838 Old 05-28-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
oh i'm sorry! i'll trade you? why can't people do that yet? trade uteruses? ha! i think i should look into that as a career field!
Wouldn't that be great? (in theory of course) Well, I tested last night and got a BFN. It's been three weeks since our little slip up so I think I'm safe in assuming that if I were PG I would have tested positive by now right? Right?!

I think I've realized that I'm really happy with my two kiddos right now and that I might be all set with just our family of four. I had been dreaming of adding one more babe to our brood but now I'm really rethinking that. Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm sending goodvibes to all of you here and hoping that you get the outcomes you're hoping for!!! :

One by one the days are slipping up behind you ~ One by one the sweetest days of life go by :
-Woodie Guthrie
#306 of 1838 Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yeah after three weeks i would think you would test positive. Have you missed a period yet? how long are your cycles?

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#307 of 1838 Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 AM

Joining in after lurking for a bit. Here's my story---

DH had a vas. in late March. Never went in to have samples tested like you're supposed to. I had my first PP period on April 22nd. We DTD unprotected on May 13 and 15. So far, no AF. It's been 36 days now, and my cycles are always 28-30 days. After all my other babies, once AF came back, she was regular.

Symptoms I've been having:

mild nausea
increased appetite and thirst
sensitive to smells
waking at night to pee
decrease in bm supply
princess parts have darkened (the only time this happens is when I'm pg)

I've taken 2 tests, one last Wed. and one this morning, both were negative. I know that b/c DH had the V, my chances of being pg are slim, but I just can't shake the feeling that I am.
#308 of 1838 Old 05-28-2008, 01:07 PM

Jenmamahen: I hope you get the answer you want! Those symptoms sound alot like pregnancy but the BFN's at this point make it seem unlikely. Maybe you should go in for a blood test just to be sure. I had two really weird cycles in the fall after being very regular with 27-28 day cycles- One was really short and one was really long. I thought I must be pregnant but alas AF came at about 35 days and I wasn't.

I've been scouring all of the posts and everyone's situations and it's facinating and so familiar to me! Right now I sit about 9 dpo, mild nausea, sore breasts, and tired as heck. We were not trying but I'd be so happy if I was pregnant. I just feel like it's "right" now. I had really struggled with whether or not to have a third child for various reasons and honestly I really wanted an "oops" to come along to make the decision for me. Hopefully it has!!! If not I think I've found my decision in how I feel this month about the possibility of being pregnant.

Hope all of you get the BFP's or BFN's you want and I'll update when I test probably Sunday...
Thanks! I just love this thread!!!
#309 of 1838 Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 PM

Jewelysmommy: Sorry you didn't get the results you wanted. I think you had it figured out earlier with all of your symptoms though Hope you're able to warm up to the idea soon. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!!!!
#310 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 02:14 AM

i POAS a few days ago and totally botched it. not even a control line. if i'm near a $ store i might pick up some test otherwise i'm just going to wait it out. we're moving in a few weeks which is keeping my mind off the preggo thoughts. i'm still feeling weird and can hardly stay awake most of the time.
#311 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 09:00 AM

Meg-- Sorry your test didn't give you an answer. How frustrating is that?

It's good that you have something to keep your mind occupied---I am spending all my waking hours obsessing over a baby that may or may not exist.
#312 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 12:32 PM

i'm STILL obsessing even though i've got AF AND 2 BFN. what is wrong with me? my temps haven't dropped AND this period is light enough that it could be a non period. but its not like its early i tested 18 days after conception (ish) so i am still just being stupid and i need to stop it!
#313 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 01:08 PM

#314 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 01:29 PM

Still no AF, but trying to wait before testing again. Anyone know where to find a pic of what the cervix looks like during pregnancy?

#315 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

No but I know it can take on a blueish purplish color, usually about 3 weeks after a missed AF.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (14), Aidan (12), Brighton (9), and Oliver (6) and Ephraim (3)  
#316 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 01:51 PM

Ack! That's still a couple of weeks away! Am I the only one who regularly does visual cervical self-exams?

#317 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 02:09 PM

Meg- sorry about the bad test! I had one of those with an expensive digital last fall and I was so bummed! Especially since I had forked over $10 for one!

All: I had to chime in with all of you!! I am totally obsessing just like the rest of you. I tested at 9 or 10 dpo this morning and got a BFN...I was sad but I still haven't give up hope. I had a few spots earlier this week, I have been nauseous the last few days as well, and have had somewhat sore breasts. I have also been gassy and have had some lower abdominal pain. The nausea is more after I eat though but also when I get up in the morning. Who knows! I do know that I am TOTALLY obsessed. Especially since we weren't even trying!

I'm going to make myself wait until at least Saturday to test this time. Those $ store tests are just too tempting!!!

Hang in there everyone! Hope you get the BFP's (or BFN's) that you want!!!!

Jenny
#318 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 PM

Well, still no AF here... I'm thinking of pulling out my white pants as sorta a red flag (no pun intended). That usually will do the trick. Honestly, I'm 11 days late now. I don't know how it would even be possible for me to be pregnant. I have VERY regular cycles and we only DTD once without protection at that was the evening before AF was scheduled to start! I'm not going to test until Monday - 15 days late (or 15 days after we DTD). I'm still having cramps too but no pregnancy symptoms.

What do you all think? Can you get pregnant when you DTD the day you're scheduled to start?

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
#319 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post
What do you all think? Can you get pregnant when you DTD the day you're scheduled to start?
Um, yes you can! This is the way my last child was conceived. I was still nursing a toddler and was finally having a few regular cycles. So, I assumed my period was due at the normal time, and DTD. Lo and behold, my period never came and I got a + test 2 weeks later. So, yes it can happen!
#320 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffles View Post
Um, yes you can! This is the way my last child was conceived. I was still nursing a toddler and was finally having a few regular cycles. So, I assumed my period was due at the normal time, and DTD. Lo and behold, my period never came and I got a + test 2 weeks later. So, yes it can happen!
*fingers in ears* La la la la la la la. I can't hear you!

That is obviously not the news I want to hear... my problem is that I'm not postpartum, not nursing, and my periods have been a very regular 29 days for the last 2 years! Is it still a possibility then?

Anyone answering yes will be added to my ignore list! Ok, just kidding. I'm in denial and I like it here!!

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
#321 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 05:41 PM

ok i am conceding to the fact that i am NOT pregnant but to appear and stay sane i started researching chemical pg. i think it fits. i FELT pg last week. i was sure. i also have an ULTRA light AF which is ultra weird but is one of the "symptoms" of a chemical pg. also my "pg" syptoms have vanished except for the feeling of swollen ankles and legs. considering i tested at 17 dpo and got a BFN i am assuming that had i tested a week or so earlier i might have gotten a +. i just wanted to prove to myself that i wasn't crazy and although i am sad about it at least i know that we are going to concieve without any problems (i've secretly feared of no O and other problems now that we are actually planning a child ) and in 5 months we can start baby dancing.

why is it so horrible for us ladies? we make ourselves NUTS, then doubt our bodies, and do all the pg worrying all by ourselves....
#322 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
why is it so horrible for us ladies? we make ourselves NUTS, then doubt our bodies, and do all the pg worrying all by ourselves....
damn freaking straight.
#323 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 PM

I couldn't have said it better!!!!!!
#324 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringRain View Post
*fingers in ears* La la la la la la la. I can't hear you!

That is obviously not the news I want to hear... my problem is that I'm not postpartum, not nursing, and my periods have been a very regular 29 days for the last 2 years! Is it still a possibility then?

Anyone answering yes will be added to my ignore list! Ok, just kidding. I'm in denial and I like it here!!
If you ovulated later due to stress or any other factors, then yes it is possible. But if you ovulated later, it's also possible that you're not pregnant, just in your luteal phase.

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#325 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 09:36 PM

So...I went & bought 10 dollar store tests So much for patience! I took one, and there was immediately a very, very light line. So I am going to wait as long as possible to pee so I can do another one.

#326 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 10:29 PM

Hi everyone, I think I belong here too. We have been charting to avoid for 14 cycles, and been playing a bit fast and loose with the FAM rules lately. I've been hoping for an oops forever, but been avoiding while we wait for my husbands career to get settled. My cycles have been super regular. I always O in the 14th, and have an 11-12 day LP. So this month we DTD unprotected on CD10, and around 5 DPO I started to feel like something was up. I'll list what symptoms I've felt.
- The big one has been queasiness. I normally have a very strong stomach, so this feels very out of the normal to me.
- Painfully hungry in the morning or if I go long at all between meals. This morning the fridge was pretty bare, and I had I bunch of errands I had to do with DH but I felt like if we didn't go get something to eat first thing I was going to die.
- Not really cramps but a kind of active feeling in my lower abdomen. This seriously kept me up for hours last night. Also I never get cramps before my period, only sometimes on the first day.
- Sensitive to smells particularly artificial ones, but not extremely so.
- Tired, but then restless sleep.
- I always peed frequently, but I think I'm going more especially in the morning.
- Oh and this morning on 10 DPO my temp was at 98.0 which is the highest I've ever seen it.

So what do you think? The main signs I am missing are boob changes and implantation bleeding. The only time I think I may have been pregnant before was a likely chemical PG that ended at 14DPO, the day I was planning to test. Then I felt the lightheadedness and sensitivity to smells, and it's the only time since charting my period has been late.

I am planning to test Monday if AF is a no show, which will put me at 14 DPO. I want to make sure the test will be accurate, and DH has police applications, tests, and interviews all going on in the next few days. He is already under so much pressure, I want him to at least get through the worst of it before I throw any big news at him. I have a feeling this weekend will drag on forever. Good luck to everyone!
#327 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 10:46 PM

I'm with you Arielle! (BTW I love your name- my daughter is Ariel- not named after the mermaid- but named after the British Motorcycle my DH loves I'm feeling some of the same symptoms as you right now and this would be an oops baby for us as well. The nausea has been really weird- I also have a pretty tough stomach but the last three days I have been queasy and hungry at the same time! I did test this morning at probably 9 or 10 DPO and got a BFN but it might be to early or I might be crazy! I'm going to try and hold out until Sunday or Monday as well- let us know how things turn out for you!!!!
#328 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMommie View Post
So...I went & bought 10 dollar store tests So much for patience! I took one, and there was immediately a very, very light line. So I am going to wait as long as possible to pee so I can do another one.

Please post as soon as you pee on another stick!!! Dh doesn't want to try yet and we are doing what we can to NOT get pregnant, so I am so going to get the "am I pregnant or what" butterflies in my tummy for you!
#329 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 10:52 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say I saw my dr. today and I am indeed pregnant! I am so thrilled. Now I'm just hoping and praying I don't miscarry this baby, too. Anyway, I'm hoping you all get the BFP's and BFN's you're wanting!

SAHM to Ninja Boy (6) surf.gif and Monkey Man (4) carrot.gif.

#330 of 1838 Old 05-29-2008, 11:28 PM

Grynis, That's awesome! That's wonderful that you are pregnant so soon after your loss. Hope you have a super sticky baby this time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page