The "I might be pregnant but I wasn't trying" thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
First ... 3  11  12  13 14  15  23  ... Last
Family Planning > The "I might be pregnant but I wasn't trying" thread
MammaB21's Avatar MammaB21 06:17 PM 06-07-2008
I know I am jumping into this thread rather late, but I have a situation, want to get it out, and thought this was the best place. I really didn't feel like starting a new thread.

DH and I are planning on TTC at the end of this summer. He was deployed, and this is his first summer home in it's intirety with me and DD. A few months back we started charting, and each month I was kinda hoping for an oops. But now I am pretty set on waiting. Here are my reasons.

1) I have been slacking on working out and eating right, and really want to get healthy again before TTC, so that I can start out my pregnancy allready in shape.
2) I am really looking forward to this summer as a family with DD and DH and our new puppy.
3) Wich brings up, just got a new puppy, extra stress, and don't feel ready to add more.
4) I had morning sickness with DD and it was during the summer. It was such a bummer that I pretty much missed out on all summerish activities.
5) DD is very much in her 'terrible two's' and such a handfull. Again, not ready to add more stress at this time.
6) DD is still nursing pretty much on demand and co-sleeping, wich is fine, but I was hoping I would at least have a more stable ruitine with her before TTC.
7) I was really looking forward to starting some dance classes for myself this summer. Something for 'just me time' YK?

So.......with all of that said, my chart this month was crazy. I slacked ALOT on temping and keeping track of stuff. Well, thursday, I was pretty sure I was Oing, (had O pain, hadn't had temp rise yet, EWCM, etc...) So I told DH, "pull out or we WILL be pregnant". He agreed it wasn't the right time, and then proceeded to 'get cought up in the moment' and NOT pull out.

So here I am, in the begining of the two week wait, and I am hoping I am not pregnant. Allthough, of course I will be happy either way. I would just preffer to wait.

Mama2Dane's Avatar Mama2Dane 11:06 PM 06-17-2008
Any news, MammaB21?

I was certain I wouldn't be posting in this thread again as a participant, but oh well.

My sleeping patterns have been really messed up with school starting, but my temps still seem to be pretty clear. I didn't have any EWCM so I didn't think I was going to O as soon as I did. If I did O, my chart looks perfect for getting pregnant (except we use the "Pull 'n' Pray" method). So... anyone else waiting too?
Jenne's Avatar Jenne 03:08 PM 06-19-2008
: So...yeah...anyway...I didn't think I was going to O this cycle...O'd on CD 37...We dtd on CD 35...so...I'm expecting a BFN on next Wednesday but meanwhile every time I touch my breasts and they are tender, or feel cramping yesterday, or see CM on my underwear I think...

In the meantime I'm trying to focus on work. This would not be the end of the world. It just wouldn't be "ideal". I'm okay with it either way. What sucks is that I don't feel like I can say to dbf, "Hey, this could be a possiblity," because I don't want to cause him anxiety unnecessarily. We do CTA/FAM so we understand the risks and are okay with it and have discussed what would happen. It just would be easier with both of our families to get married *then* get pregnant....

Anyway...that the deal this month...

Jenne
Jenne's Avatar Jenne 03:15 PM 06-19-2008
MammaB21--Any news?

Andee--What CD are you?

Jenne
Suzannah's Avatar Suzannah 06:44 PM 06-19-2008
Jumping in. It's funny; this thread started in April, and when you start at the beginning you can see some of the answers in peoples' siggy (a positive pregnancy test or a due date).

We are not technically TTC, but we aren't stopping anything either. According to my super-unscientific, five-minute chart online, I am incredibly fertile for the next five days. Bring on the jug wine, pull down the shades and pop in the Barry White CD...

Reading this has been like taking a foreign language course; I am trying to translate all the acronyms, making up some along the way.

Hoping everyone gets what they want, and sending congrats to all those who already have!!
mom2p.m.'s Avatar mom2p.m. 08:33 PM 06-19-2008
Hi ladies, I'm jumping in. I've got a week wait before I'll know for sure, but I really think I am, so it will be nice to have company. Dh doesn't wait another baby right now but we dtd and he didn't wrap it up. The only month I really charted was last month and I O'd on CD 17 or 18, but af was 4 to 5 days late. I wasn't charting very seriously, just more experimental personal knowledge. Anyway dtd on cd 14 and well...now the waiting game begins.

But FWIW, i knew really early with DS and an feeling the same way now. Only time will tell.
Jenne's Avatar Jenne 11:53 AM 06-23-2008
So I was camping over the weekend so know helpful temps...but this AM my temp was 98.07 and I've never had a temp over 98. So...anyway...tomorrow will be 10 days which is my normal luteal...we'll see if it crashes back down and AF shows. I'll keep ya posted.

Jenne
DanelleB's Avatar DanelleB 04:58 PM 06-27-2008
Is this what I get for not posting on this thread this month? Usually at this point in my cycle, my temps start going down. But guess what? They're not, they're going up! I guess this is what I get for not being paranoid for once, huh?
bluebunny's Avatar bluebunny 09:51 PM 06-27-2008
I almost posted in this thread a few weeks ago but then AF appeared. But then I got a positive HPT yesterday. So much for thinking that if I just POS that it would be negative!
DanelleB's Avatar DanelleB 11:57 AM 06-28-2008
Yeah, so my temps are still up, and my cervix is very high and very firm.
mom2p.m.'s Avatar mom2p.m. 03:26 PM 06-28-2008
Well...I was begining to think that I am just paranoid, because I felt really prg for about 4 days and then the feeling totally went away. I even tested on Monday thinking that at 10 DPO I would get a + if I was prg. On Monday I got a BFN, so I just decieded it was all in my head.

AF never showed up yesterday when she was suppose to...so this morning I tested. I was pretty much just thinking *I'll test so AF will finally show up* ...well to my surpise I got a BFP!!!!

I'm still digesting the news!
Purple Sage's Avatar Purple Sage 07:54 PM 06-28-2008
Well, this must be the thread for me. :

I felt like I was pregnant a few days ago. Took a couple of tests and saw the very faintest lines, but they could have been evaporation lines. My temps are inconclusive (new thermometer, haven't been temping regularly). Symptoms come and go. I just don't know. I'm still nursing and my periods aren't regular yet, but this is the longest cycle I've ever had (38 days). It's possible that I haven't ovulated yet, and it's possible that I'm pregnant. I just don't know!

eta: Whew! AF showed the day after posting this. Good luck everyone!
b-girl's Avatar b-girl 01:37 PM 06-29-2008
Hi! I'm new here

My husband and I have been talking about TTC in August, but decided to ditch the condoms for now and just follow my cycles (I don't take temps but I follow my CM and dates). Well last week we dtd on CD 13 and 15, and on CD's 16, 17 & 18 I had EWCM and I'm think some O twinges on CD 18.The EGCM was most abundant on CD 16 and by afternoon of CD 18 I was very dry. I'm normally a 35-37 day cycle, so I thought we were safe.

So now it's a wait and see I guess....

I just had to share with someone and we don't want to talk about it with family and friends!

This would be #1 for us. Since I'm pretty new to charting too, what CD would I consider O, I'm trying to figure out how many DPO I am.

Thanks for letting me spill here.

:
DanelleB's Avatar DanelleB 06:06 PM 06-29-2008
As of today I'm officially late,so I tested this morning and it was positive. I've been paranoid so many times, I'm having a hard time believing it is true, but it's starting to sink in. Hubby isn't doing very well. It's going to take him a while to get used to the idea, but hopefully it doesn't take too long.
akaisha's Avatar akaisha 09:36 PM 06-29-2008
so i might as well tell my little story here too:

so fertility friend said i O'd on day 14, but i didn't completely believe it because my temps didn't jump all that much. so we DTD on day 17 with condoms, but the condom broke. good thing being that we noticed right away, so there were no swimmers that we know of. and i figured that since i was potentially post-O anyway, it would be ok. well now fertility friend did what i was worried about, and changed my O date to day 17, which i think is more consistent with my temps. so we basically DTD on O day with no protection. or, protection equivalent to withdrawal only, since we noticed that the condom broke. i was completely dry the next day so that's good i guess. and DP is very good at withdrawal (we don't wait till anywhere near the last second), but still...

sigh.

this is not good at all.

i'm freaked, and i'm never having sex again.

someone has got to get a BFN this month though right? anyway i'm 4 DPO and expecting AF somewhere between the 7th and the 9th.

ETA:
andee, your chart is only showing up to last week, is everything ok?
CaliMommie's Avatar CaliMommie 09:42 PM 06-29-2008

I am expecting AF around the 1st,... We have not been being very careful, so...

mom2p.m.'s Avatar mom2p.m. 11:07 AM 06-30-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
As of today I'm officially late,so I tested this morning and it was positive. I've been paranoid so many times, I'm having a hard time believing it is true, but it's starting to sink in. Hubby isn't doing very well. It's going to take him a while to get used to the idea, but hopefully it doesn't take too long.
Congratulations!!

Just a question. Why is it, that we as women feel like we are to blame when we become preg on accident? I mean we didn't get that way by ourselves. Is it because it happened to our body? This should probably be it's own thread. I just thought I would put the question out there since this is the *opps* thread. My DH is taking it okay so far, but he haven't really talked much about the pregnacy since we found out on Saturday.

Good Luck with you DH and your new pregnacy DanelleB
DanelleB's Avatar DanelleB 12:15 PM 06-30-2008
Thanks!

That's a good question. I wish I knew the answer. I even apologized and asked if he was mad at me (and of course he said he wasn't).
mom2p.m.'s Avatar mom2p.m. 03:24 PM 06-30-2008
Quote:
Thanks!

That's a good question. I wish I knew the answer. I even apologized and asked if he was mad at me (and of course he said he wasn't).
Funny, I did the same thing.
texaspeach's Avatar texaspeach 04:32 PM 06-30-2008
Quote:
congratulations

we had a surprise while CTA too, it was certainly a shock
Marilde's Avatar Marilde 07:51 PM 06-30-2008
It's official, baby #6 is on the way, seriously I've been having this pregnant feelings over the last 3 weeks, but I used to say to myself "Alex, you're not pregnant you're just paranoid this is all in your head" But no, I was right, I'm : but i'm also . I found out that I'm going to be a mommy for the 6th time today at 11:30am, DH doesn't know yet and I can't wait to tell him when he gets home

But I'm sooo nervous!!!! I'm having mixed feelings right now.
Oh and I'm praying for a
DanelleB's Avatar DanelleB 08:29 PM 06-30-2008
Congrats, Alex!
akaisha's Avatar akaisha 01:37 AM 07-07-2008
congrats to everyone with BFPs!! :

i just got spotting after DTD which probably means AF is right on schedule for tomorrow. yay
Mrs_Lurker's Avatar Mrs_Lurker 04:38 AM 07-07-2008
Quote:
A huge CONGRATULATIONS to you!!! :

I hope your DH soon warms to the idea of having #3.

I can also tell I missed a big piece of information along the way - when did you have your IUD removed? I could have sworn you had an IUD? Am I totally confused, LOL?

I'm sending you many warm wishes.
DanelleB's Avatar DanelleB 02:14 PM 07-07-2008
As far as I know, I still have it. I'm currently uninsured, so I'm working on getting state insurance then I can get my hiney to the OB. I'm trying to convince myself that it just fell out so I don't worry in the mean time.
Nathan1097's Avatar Nathan1097 03:35 PM 07-07-2008
I've been following this thread for sevral weeks now. I'm afraid to test. I also have an IUD. I am scheduled for a tubal next month! I've been so exhausted lately, queasy, gaggy, crampy.... nipples sore. It's nearly impossible to get pg with the Mirena, right?
DanelleB's Avatar DanelleB 04:33 PM 07-07-2008
It is very hard to get pregnant with Mirena, but I'll be honest and admit that I haven't been very nice to mine (I started using Instead cups a few months ago).
nimblemama's Avatar nimblemama 06:55 PM 07-07-2008
I'm here. Good thing that this thread is here for me! We had a : the other day and I had ovulation pains that evening. I am on dpo 2, but must patiently wait to see what happens. On one hand, I 'm like there is no way it could happen, but on the other hand it sounds like something that would happen a this moment in time since strange things have been happening lately.
Mrs_Lurker's Avatar Mrs_Lurker 03:38 PM 07-08-2008
Quote:
As far as I know, I still have it. I'm currently uninsured, so I'm working on getting state insurance then I can get my hiney to the OB. I'm trying to convince myself that it just fell out so I don't worry in the mean time.
Ok, I feel less crazy now, lol.

I hope the insurance goes through soon. I can imagine you're a little bit on pins and needles right now. Hang in there.
Nathan1097's Avatar Nathan1097 07:36 PM 07-08-2008
I am so emotional today. Obsessed about food. My BF sent a txt msg and I just "blurted" back: "Feeling emotionally awful. Blah. Maybe lack of anti-depressant this... Maybe fighting,... On edge lately. Tired. Hormonal mess. Feel pregnant, but can't be." He responded, "I don't see any guarantees that you can't be...since it is neary the end of life for the IUD." Which is true- one month until 5 years. I think I'm just insane.
First ... 3  11  12  13 14  15  23  ... Last

Up