The "I might be pregnant but I wasn't trying" thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 1838 Old 07-28-2008, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I join??

DH and I dtd Sat night not realizing I was only a day away from o'ing. I was apparently too tired to think straight about were I was in my cycle a BIG oops! It occurred to me this morning and well now I am going to drive myself crazy for the next 2 weeks!!

We will of course feel blessed by a new little one but truly this would just be bad timing for a few different reasons! My head is spinning. The earliest I can test is the 7th of Aug still a week and a half away! Ack I'm going to go crazy by then.

and I just hafta say YEAH for this thread!!

oh yeah my coffee tasted weird today too, I forget who mentioned that!!
#422 of 1838 Old 07-28-2008, 05:27 PM

Still no AF here but I tested and still am getting BFNs. I'm on CD38 so I would think that if I was pregnant, I would definitely have a BFP by now, right? It must be just a whacky cycle from breastfeeding, is my guess. I'm going to give it until Friday and then test again, but I don't think I'm pregnant or I'd get a BFP by now. Of couse, with the possibility (however slight) of being pregnant my DH is doing this : and is hoping and praying for a BFP. I'm like not yet silly!

E, mama to DS (6) and DD (3)
I'm a and we are
#423 of 1838 Old 07-28-2008, 05:59 PM

I am pretty darn sure they are false +'s. I have taken other cheapie brands and they show a very light line but then they always show a light line (antibody strip). They won't get darker, they stay the same. It's a verrrrrrry light line, lemme tell ya.

Back later when I have more time.
#424 of 1838 Old 07-28-2008, 09:33 PM

Well I tested again this evening with an Equate brand test and it's BFN. Spotting has completely stopped and my breasts are soooooo tender. Still kind of crampy/uncomfortable around my uterus. So I guess I will need to be in a wait and see pattern. I have two more tests from the Equate package I bought tonight so I can test again in a couple of days. If I didn't O until CD 15 then I would only be 9 DPO today so who knows? On a side note, DH is convinced that his bad aim could not have possibly caused a baby. :

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#425 of 1838 Old 07-28-2008, 11:22 PM

So this morning I was convinced I wasn't but then I got nauseous driving my children to the park and it sort of lasted on and off all day. Even after I had dinner. Also, still sort of feeling uterine "activity" ie: slight crampy but more just the presence of my uterus.

I am so pregnant

Annie, I feel like your uterus is giving you a big sign. Also, try and separate how you feel intellectually vs. emotionally about being pregnant. Intellectually I know I am but emotionally I'm not quite ready to embrace it yet.

cmoma, welcome to the madness This 2ww is insanity! Are you temping? Charts are both a blessing (might give you good clues either way) or a curse (said clues can be interpreted so many ways it guarantees you will lose your mind).

lovinlife, keep us posted!

zech13, maybe test again with a FRER or something reliable?? I'd be going crazy if I were you...the not knowing.
#426 of 1838 Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 AM

Pepper: no I am not charting, your right it could be a blessing in disguise tho

So 4 times yesterday I stood up and felt dizzy and really lightheaded, I just felt off all day, Isn't it too early to be feeling anything? I mean I was 1dpo yesterday and surely my body doesn't even know anythings going on. I hate when stuff is "all in my head"! Makes me feel like a loony

9 days and counting... ~twiddling thumbs~

Annie: maybe give it a day or so and test again in the morning?

Ubermama: have you confirmed the false positives on those tests?
#427 of 1838 Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 AM

Well, I went to bed last night convinced that I was not pregnant. I had started to spot again and was more crampy. When I woke up this morning, I took my temp as usual and it has dropped some. Still above my coverline but down from yesterday. So even more convinced that I am not pregnant. But then I come into work and look at the second test that I took yesterday, the Target Brand test and there is definately still a faint line there. So now I am super confused. I modified my chart on FF to take away my override that forced my O day to CD 12. It's now back to possibly O'ing on CD 15. Which means I would only be 9 DPO. Which also means that the Equate test I took last night would not have picked anything up anyways because it wasn't the early test kind, it was the kind that you take on the first day of your missed period. Sooooo, all that adds up to even more confusion! Uggghhhh! I am so not a person that is ok with just the wait and see method! At least I left the other 2 Equate tests at home today so I would not be tempted to pee on them too! I guess if my temp stays up the rest of the week and AF doesn't show up, then I will take another test Friday morning. That would be 12 DPO if I did O on CD 15 and my LP is usually 10 or 11 days.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

#428 of 1838 Old 07-29-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Well, I went to bed last night convinced that I was not pregnant. I had started to spot again and was more crampy. When I woke up this morning, I took my temp as usual and it has dropped some. Still above my coverline but down from yesterday. So even more convinced that I am not pregnant. But then I come into work and look at the second test that I took yesterday, the Target Brand test and there is definately still a faint line there. So now I am super confused. I modified my chart on FF to take away my override that forced my O day to CD 12. It's now back to possibly O'ing on CD 15. Which means I would only be 9 DPO. Which also means that the Equate test I took last night would not have picked anything up anyways because it wasn't the early test kind, it was the kind that you take on the first day of your missed period. Sooooo, all that adds up to even more confusion! Uggghhhh! I am so not a person that is ok with just the wait and see method! At least I left the other 2 Equate tests at home today so I would not be tempted to pee on them too! I guess if my temp stays up the rest of the week and AF doesn't show up, then I will take another test Friday morning. That would be 12 DPO if I did O on CD 15 and my LP is usually 10 or 11 days.
I got a BFP at 9dpo with my last baby. It was a BFN and an hour later it was the faintest line ever, almost like a shadow, but pink. So it could be a positive test...isn't the waiting such a drag?

CD 39 here today. Super crampy though, but have been for over a week!

I'm a and we are
#429 of 1838 Old 07-29-2008, 04:11 PM

Annie, ((( hugs ))) to you. This is such craziness, isn't it? Not to be a bad influence or anything but maybe you should take the better tests you have at home tomorrow morning...of course, your temp will give you a clue tomorrow am, as well.

I've been spending the past day and a half coming to terms with my possible pregnancy. I think I feel a lot of sadness that my 3 year old won't be the baby anymore. I know a sibling is a blessing and that they will all love eachother for their whole lives but I had given "the baby" a special place in the family and now that might all be thrown out the window. Being 3rd out of 4 just doesn't seem right for her...

see, as I type this I am crying. My emotions are so all over the place.

Yesterday at the park I sent myself a future text message to arrive next week basically saying "Whatever is happening--it will all be ok. You are strong and can do this."

I'm also taking daily notes on FF and at 4dpo I noted that I am almost 100% certain I am pg based on the crampy uterus.

At this point my symptoms are so ridiculously obvious I can't imagine not noticing them.

Have a good day, mamas. Sending ~~~ patience ~~~ vibes to all of us.
#430 of 1838 Old 07-29-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Annie, ((( hugs ))) to you. This is such craziness, isn't it? Not to be a bad influence or anything but maybe you should take the better tests you have at home tomorrow morning...of course, your temp will give you a clue tomorrow am, as well.
Pepper, thanks for the hugs. You're not being a bad influence! I am totally obsessing over this! I just wish that I knew one way or the other, you know? By lunchtime today, I had convinced myself that I was pregnant so while I was out, I stopped by the Dollar Tree and they didn't have any tests! So then I went to Target and bought more of the blue dye tests, ugh, but mostly because they are ones that you are supposed to be able to use up to 5 days before your period. So I took one when I got back to work and it is a BFN. Stark white. But when I hold that one next to the one I took yesterday from Target, it makes the line that showed up yesterday even more visable! So, you're right, my temp tomorrow should give me a clue. My other symptoms definately are not working! Spotting very light and sometimes goes away completely but my cervix is all over the place, sometimes high up and then low down a few hours later. Breasts are still tender and very noticable. I have larger breasts as it is but I feel like they are their own entity these last few days. Cramping has gone away though. Guess I will keep obsessing in my head!

#431 of 1838 Old 07-29-2008, 05:44 PM

I have a dumb question. Can you even get pregnant with the pull-out method? As long as it's pulled out before ejaculation, the chances are pretty slim aren't they?

Annie, just wanted to send you some hugs. You too, Pepper. Waiting is so hard. I'm sorry...

I'm a and we are
#432 of 1838 Old 07-29-2008, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am not pregnant! Af was 8 days late and we were sweating bullets. It made us realize our decision was the right one.

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#433 of 1838 Old 07-29-2008, 09:06 PM

Just wanted to send some more s to us all.

Heymama: Yeah for AF!

This wait is just plain ridiculous. I have to remind myself that even though we dtd at the optimal time in reality we only have about a 20 percent chance of conceiving each month anyway right???
#434 of 1838 Old 07-29-2008, 09:34 PM

yay Hey Mama! What a relief.

lovinlife, I think the pull-out method is a bit too risky. Seminal fluid can leak out during sex before ejaculation making it not really the best. Condoms are better.

cmoma, I'd love to believe that I only have a 20% chance of conceiving however I became pregnant ALL THREE TIMES, the first time we had unprotected sex.

I ask you, what are the odds that a woman becomes pregnant four times from one or two incidents of unprotected sex on the first try????

Someone call Guinness...
#435 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 12:37 AM

*raising my hand*

I had DD May 6 of this year, and DH and I got back in the saddle a little before 6 weeks PP. We figured that unprotected sex would be ok since it was so soon PP and I am BFing. Well, a couple weeks ago (so, 9weeks PP), I had a little spotting for 2 days and then nothing. I am at the point where I could test, but I am just SO nervous. If I'm pg, baby #2 would come less than 12 months after DD. I always wanted a second baby ... just not so soon! Saturday is test day.

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#436 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
yay Hey Mama! What a relief.

lovinlife, I think the pull-out method is a bit too risky. Seminal fluid can leak out during sex before ejaculation making it not really the best. Condoms are better.

cmoma, I'd love to believe that I only have a 20% chance of conceiving however I became pregnant ALL THREE TIMES, the first time we had unprotected sex.

I ask you, what are the odds that a woman becomes pregnant four times from one or two incidents of unprotected sex on the first try????

Someone call Guinness...
Not counting the couple years of trying before- lol- all 3 of mine were just like that. One or two "incidents" and... In fact, I think my daughter was a one-timer. Other two I can't remember, but it was within the same day- first month trying, got pg.
#437 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 07:37 AM

Temp dropped even further this morning. Pretty sure I am not pregnant. My cycle is probably just messed up because I am hypothyroid and I missed a few days of my medicine. I'm sure AF will be here today.

#438 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 09:07 AM

Tick tock... omg this week could not go by any slower:

"cmoma, I'd love to believe that I only have a 20% chance of conceiving however I became pregnant ALL THREE TIMES, the first time we had unprotected sex.

I ask you, what are the odds that a woman becomes pregnant four times from one or two incidents of unprotected sex on the first try????"

After a quick thought both of my kiddos were also conceived first time of unprotected sex. I was trying to make myself feel better I guess

Ah well, this is life!

Annie: (thats my daughters name btw!) I know we weren't trying to get pregnant on here but how are you with not being pregnant?

kmb: people definitely o very soon after having giving birth but cycles can also be very irregular too. Keep us posted on the results.
#439 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post
Annie: (thats my daughters name btw!) I know we weren't trying to get pregnant on here but how are you with not being pregnant?
Well, AF is definately here.

Cmoma, thanks for asking. Truthfully I am pretty sad that I am not pregnant. There would have been some issues with me being pregnant but those would have mostly been from my DH. The reason why I chart to avoid is because DH is not convinced he wants another child. When we got married, he had four children already. He's not convinced he's ready to be done having kids though either so he's not willing to do a vasectomy. It's pretty frustrating for me because I want to experience pregnancy and childbirth and having a child that is ours together. His solution is to wait a few years and see where we are financially, emotionally, etc. and then make the decision to either have a child or do the vasectomy. The reasons why I would not want to have an "oops" are because his other 4 kids are all "oops" babies and I would like us to have the experience of planning for a child and actively TTC. Also, I always suspected that he would blame me if we accidently ended up pregnant and some of his comments yesterday confirmed that. So I don't want that to be part of our child if one ever shows up. *sigh* So I will just continue to chart to avoid and hope that one day, I will get to see BFP.

#440 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 AM

to you Annie, it sounds really emotional for you, I hope you are able to one day experience pregnancy, birth and a baby of your own! s
#441 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 12:24 PM

Annie, sorry to hear about your disapointment in AF arriving. You sound very thoughtful about possibly conceiving--your DH is one lucky guy. It was also really important to me that both my husband and I wanted to conceive all our children and is one of the reasons this month is really getting to me. I hate the thought that a child of ours wasn't anticipated and tried for. But, this is one of life's curve balls, I suppose.

Of course, we will love and adore this child with all our hearts. I've already started bonding with him/her and speaking with its' soul to let her/him know that they are welcomed with open arms into our family.

I had a big temp spike this morning and FF shows a possibly implantation dip on 6dpo.

We are going camping tonight so I won't have access to my FRER on 9dpo until the evening which is a good thing--I am so tempted! I'm really hoping to hold out until the morning--early afternoon of 10dpo.

Oh, one more subtle sign. I had a very vivid dream this morning that I took a pg test and there were two very dark lines, a positive result.
#442 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Annie, sorry to hear about your disapointment in AF arriving. You sound very thoughtful about possibly conceiving--your DH is one lucky guy. It was also really important to me that both my husband and I wanted to conceive all our children and is one of the reasons this month is really getting to me. I hate the thought that a child of ours wasn't anticipated and tried for. But, this is one of life's curve balls, I suppose.

Of course, we will love and adore this child with all our hearts. I've already started bonding with him/her and speaking with its' soul to let her/him know that they are welcomed with open arms into our family.

I had a big temp spike this morning and FF shows a possibly implantation dip on 6dpo.

We are going camping tonight so I won't have access to my FRER on 9dpo until the evening which is a good thing--I am so tempted! I'm really hoping to hold out until the morning--early afternoon of 10dpo.

Oh, one more subtle sign. I had a very vivid dream this morning that I took a pg test and there were two very dark lines, a positive result.
Thanks for your kind words Pepper. I'm trying to be thoughtful about conceiving but sometimes it's very hard. I've been sitting at work this morning mulling things over and as I went to throw away the used tests that I took the past couple of days, something struck me. There is still a line on the second test that I took on Monday. I was definitely experiencing things in my body that I have never experienced. So now I am thinking that maybe it was a chemical pregnancy. That makes me even more sad for some reason.

Pepper good luck on your tests. I hope you get the result that is best for you and your family.

#443 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 02:06 PM

Okay I am joining in here. Took a test this morning and this is what happened, now I am really not wanting ot be preggo right now...just not the right time. Of course I would be happy but....yeah....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bnsnhns...17243/sizes/o/

I am hoping its a fluke and am going to test again tomorrow morning...
#444 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 03:33 PM

sara457: the flickr page came up blank, saying it was a private acct?

Was it a bfp?
#445 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 03:55 PM

Hey mamas

so, unfortunetely, I've been following this thread for a few days..

and here it is: 5 months pp, ebf, was using pull out until 3 weeks ago and having syptoms..

breasts have a different let-down feel and seem tender,
I've had constant lower-back cramps for 3-4 days,
I've been getting headaches and a sniffly nose,
my cervix seems high and soft and
I had a dream that I was having a boy (prior to any symptoms).

so, let's hope I come back with a bfn tomorrow

mischievous.gif
#446 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 04:27 PM

I have a question about charting for those of you chart queens

Any time I've been pregnant my temp stays up above 98.0 (and higher) and when I'm not pregnant it's usually 97.1 (around about). I got my BFP last time on CD 26. I'm on CD 40 and my temp has been 97.8, so not above 98.0 so would I be able to take that as a clue that AF is coming?

I'm sorry I feel so ignorant about all of this. But waiting and waiting is no fun! I switch on and off between being nauseated and having cramps so I just don't know up from down. Two days ago, BFN. I guess I'll test again on Friday if I don't get AF? I mean, I dunno, I have no clue when I even ovulated. I know at some point (a week ago? a little more?) I had the gooey stuff and at one point during the EWCM I had pink tinged, so would that have been ovulation? Just a really late O maybe, and that's why AF isn't coming yet?

Thanks for all of your help ladies.

I'm a and we are
#447 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
sara457: the flickr page came up blank, saying it was a private acct?

Was it a bfp?

Ahh sorry bfp = big fat positive

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...nt=Eek1155.jpg

try that.
#448 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 05:17 PM

sara: Is that a glow in the dark test ?? Weird

vegemamato: hard to tell with the symptoms and nursing, check in tomorrow after you test!

lovinglife: I can't help you with the charting hopefully the other mamas on here will no more!

I feel like next week is so far away.....got really tired this afternoon not normal for me, also having crampiness off and on today...isn't it too early??? at only 3dpo???
#449 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
sara: Is that a glow in the dark test ?? Weird

vegemamato: hard to tell with the symptoms and nursing, check in tomorrow after you test!

lovinglife: I can't help you with the charting hopefully the other mamas on here will no more!

I feel like next week is so far away.....got really tired this afternoon not normal for me, also having crampiness off and on today...isn't it too early??? at only 3dpo???

maybe for others.. but not for me

mischievous.gif
#450 of 1838 Old 07-30-2008, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara457 View Post
Ahh sorry bfp = big fat positive

http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...nt=Eek1155.jpg

try that.
I don't see a line

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page