The "I might be pregnant but I wasn't trying" thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 1838 Old 08-03-2008, 10:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also got a bfn this morning. Boooo
#482 of 1838 Old 08-03-2008, 11:45 AM

My temp plummeted this morning. I mean below my coverline.

That combined with a bfn on 11dpo is convincing me that I am not pg. I can't explain all the symptoms i had--they were not in my head. Maybe I had a fertilized egg that failed to implant?? Who knows?

I am going to try my bestest NOT to test today and to wait until at least tomorrow. Or heck, who knows, maybe AF will show tomorrow!?

cmoma, I don't blame you for testing. It's so hard to resist. Good luck waiting it out.

Sara, sorry to hear of you bfn....I really thought I saw something on that test.

I won't be terribly upset if I am not pregnant. This scare has freaked dh and I out so bad I swear he's ready to get a vasectomy after this!!
#483 of 1838 Old 08-03-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara457 View Post
I also got a bfn this morning. Boooo
I'm sorry.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#484 of 1838 Old 08-03-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I'm sorry.
Me too...

Pepper: I have been thinking the same thing..about us all having these symptoms and then negatives showing up. I mean for someone who doesn't have these kinds of symptoms during her regular cycle, for them to show up all signs pointing towards being/becoming pregnant and then nothing, Maybe it's like you said a fertilized egg that didn;t implant or an early m/c one so early that nothing shows up on a test???? Made me start to wonder.....

The tiredness has set in going to eat lunch then take a nap I NEVER nap, wth is going on.......
#485 of 1838 Old 08-03-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post
Maybe it's like you said a fertilized egg that didn;t implant or an early m/c one so early that nothing shows up on a test???? Made me start to wonder.....
I recall reading that somewhere once--that the reason it seems like so many more people have m/c's in this generation is that there are a lot of pregnancies that would've been undetected in times past, and would have just seemed like a late period. You would've never known you were preggers.

Waiting myself, by the way. It's probably nothing. I'm not even sure when exactly AF is due... in a few days I think. But I'm feeling really exhausted, nauseous and just "off" so I started wondering...

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#486 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 01:05 PM

Started spotting last night, pretty sure AF will be here today. At least I don't have to keep guessing anymore. Weird cycle, for sure though!

Good luck everyone

E, mama to DS (6) and DD (3)
I'm a and we are
#487 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 02:06 PM

eek. my temps keep rising and rising and rising...they usually go back down by now. somebody hold me

currently 8dpo and have been spotting the past few days. hope i can come back with a 'happy' update in a week.
#488 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 02:23 PM

Erika, at least you have your answer. I hope you are ok with it.

cmoma, how are you feeling today? Are you still planning on testing tomorrow or will you try today?

staceychev, I agree that we know so much about our cycles these days it can be so much more stressful.

I got another bfn yesterday so I am sure I am out, however, my chart is freaking me out. What would cause a big dip and a high temp today at 13dpo??

Please look: My Chart
#489 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
did you take your temps at the same time each morning?
#490 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 02:56 PM

Well I couldn't wait till tomorrow so I tested again today, negative of course. I went and bought a bunch of dollar store tests and I think I'm just gonna test every day till I get a BFP or my period arrives!

The exhaustion hit yesterday and it's still here today. Dh and I took the kids to the beach on Saturday and Dh took our son (4.5) on some rides. I was practically crying watching him ride the little rollercoaster and the tiltawhoorl he was having so much fun and seemed all grown up. I felt like such a goof ball. Crazy emotions!

Anyway I'm off the kids need to eat and I need a rest maybe I'll take a cat nap zzzzzzzzz!
#491 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 03:00 PM

pepper, did you test today?

cmoma, i have been very, very tired as well recently. i am pretty sure it's because ds2 nurses lots at night still, though.

gumby--yikes...fingers crossed that your temps don't continue to rise!

well, i tested yesterday and bfn. no surprise at all. i haven't been charting or anything so don't know for sure how many dpo it was, but i thought 11. i could have been off, of course, but like i said in my other post i really do not think i am pregnant. i expect AF today or tomorrow. if she doesn't show by wed i guess maybe i'll get another test. not expecting to have to do that though!

hugs and good thoughts to everyone.

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#492 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
did you take your temps at the same time each morning?
Pretty close to it. Today's temp was about 45 minutes later than my average temp time but I didn't think that would cause such a great jump in temp. Who knows?

I'm having a bit of light brownish spotting today which is usually what happens 2-3 days before AF so I fully expect that AF is on her way.

It's funny, I had so much cramping 2dpo through 9 dpo and then the pinkish-tinged spot at 9dpo and then suddenly at 10 dpo my symptoms just stopped. I really do believe that something was there but didn't stick. I'll never know for sure which is probably for the best.

cmoma, hang in there!! ~~~~ patience vibes ~~~~ to you.

liam's mom, let us know if AF arrives.
#493 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 04:00 PM

Pepper: Thanks for the patience vibes I need them LOL! It definitely sounds like there was something there, is that whats called a chemical pregnancy a fert. egg that doesn't fully implant?

Gumby. do rising temps usually mean a pregnacy? I know very little about charting? Let us know what happens. Are you going to test? We are both 8 dpo today!

Lovinlife: any more signs of AF?
#494 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 09:55 PM

Yup, AF has officially arrived. It's pretty light but it's definitely here. Cramps, bloating and all!

I am surprisingly disappointed even though logically this is SO not the right time. We would have to buy a new car (ours only has 4 seat belts) and I don't have any money saved up to pay a midwife, etc. So I know it wasn't meant to be and it's not the right time to TTC. Maybe in a year or two I will be back here with some happy news

I've enjoyed the rollercoaster with you all though. I will have to check back to see who's pg and who's not after all of this waiting!!

Thanks guys!!

E, mama to DS (6) and DD (3)
I'm a and we are
#495 of 1838 Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 PM

Erika, I'm glad you know one way or the other--this waiting is torture. I totally understand being disappointed even though logically it's not the right time. I think we can't help but get excited at the prospect of another baby. Even if it might kill us, LOL!

I've been feeling especially crabby all day today (PMS?) and I picked a big fight with dh about this whole thing. He's been SO interested in every little thing i've been feeling because he is desperately hoping I am not pregnant. The last two times we ttc'd (each time it only took one month) he was mildly interested, saying,"Well, if it doesn't happen this month, we'll try again." Well, I guess it annoys me to no end that he's so particularly interested because he's hoping I am not pregnant.

Am I justified in being annoyed?? Just agree with me, remember i am pms'ing, Seriously, though, I guess it sort of hurts my feelings that he is so hoping we aren't while I actually got excited at this prospect even though I thought I was done.

Sigh.

Well, I am anxiously awaiting tomorrow mornings temps. If they stay high then darnit I am going out to buy more FRER's. They are making a ton of money off of me this month
#496 of 1838 Old 08-05-2008, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That would annoy me too Pepper. I think you have every right to feel that way
#497 of 1838 Old 08-05-2008, 10:30 AM

pepper: I would be annoyed too!

Erika: Glad you have your answer

Still feeling the same today, I slept 10 hours last night!! and I rested napped for 1.5 hours before that.
#498 of 1838 Old 08-05-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post
Gumby. do rising temps usually mean a pregnacy? I know very little about charting? Let us know what happens. Are you going to test? We are both 8 dpo today!
AFAIK, temps usually go back down a few days after the peak, and for me that's been the case anyway, but if they continue to rise...that could be indicative of pg

here's my current chart.

eek eek eek, i think i might test in a few days.
#499 of 1838 Old 08-05-2008, 02:35 PM

oh man, gumby...that sure does look like it might be a pg chart. i would prob. test soon too if i were you. hang in there...

as for me, no af yet, and i am really surprised. i thought for sure i had the telltale cramps last night that she was on her way, and i even wore a pad to bed in anticipation of it starting, but woke up with nothing. my best guess is i am wrong about my O date and that it was later than i thought. that doesn't happen to me often, but is certainly possible.

normally my cycles are on the shorter side--around 26 days. i'm on day 28 now. but if i didn't O until 7/26 or so, then i'm only 10 dpo and not late at all. it's just so hard to know when i am not charting!!

if no af by, i don't know, later this week sometime, maybe i'll test again? i just cannot imagine i am pregnant. there has to be, like, less than a 1% chance.

#500 of 1838 Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 PM

Just a quick update from me. Had some af-type cramps last night--expect her to show today. Nothing but a bit of brownish spotting. However, this is only cd27 for me and I usually have 28 day cycles so I fully expect her here tomorrow.

I am not going to test again unless AF is late. I'm so sure I'm not pg right now! Having mixed feelings but thinking this is really for the best. Sorta. No, it really is.

cmoma, you are REALLY tired lately...hmmmmm
#501 of 1838 Old 08-05-2008, 09:27 PM

Exhaustion is still here I am getting ready for bed

I've been doing this all day :yawning: Tomorrow is 10 dpo and I'm going to try with all my strength to not test but I don't have much will power plus with the dollar store around the corner how can I not resist

Pepper: sending along some

Gumby thanks for the chart info.

G-night

Ohh I forget to mention that I started taking my prenatals ( I was taking a mixture of vitamins prior too all of this but figured since I might be O ought to get some. So anyways I started them 4 days ago and I am now feeling ready to throw up after I take them with a full belly? Vitamins only do that to me when I am pregnant.... and the list goes on........lol!!!
#502 of 1838 Old 08-06-2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam's mom View Post
oh man, gumby...that sure does look like it might be a pg chart. i would prob. test soon too if i were you. hang in there...
#503 of 1838 Old 08-06-2008, 10:06 AM

had a 0.45 degree drop today...
#504 of 1838 Old 08-06-2008, 11:09 AM

gumby, that's a pretty big drop. how many dpo are you today?

cmoma...oh my!! sounds like you may very well be pg. let us know when you do test.

as for me...STILL no af. but i did test yesterday and it was the most negative of all negatives, so my money is on a later O date than i'd thought, i guess. still, not typical for me at all!

#505 of 1838 Old 08-06-2008, 01:53 PM

10 dpo, this temp was taken a bit earlier than others, so i'm taking that into account. also, my nipples are not sore at all. every other pg they hurt like crazy...
#506 of 1838 Old 08-07-2008, 03:39 AM

still haven't tested..

still reading along..

mischievous.gif
#507 of 1838 Old 08-07-2008, 11:13 AM

Af is here! Phew!

#508 of 1838 Old 08-07-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam's mom View Post
Af is here! Phew!
yay!

i had another big temp drop today...
#509 of 1838 Old 08-07-2008, 12:50 PM

Liam's mom: are you relieved!

Gumby: do the temp drops me AF is most likely making her arrival soon?

Still exhausted and today some nausea has hit..... I have no more tests and I refuse to buy any more till my period is late...they were making me a little loopy

I'm still not sure what to think, I go back and forth.

Guess I'll know soon....
#510 of 1838 Old 08-07-2008, 01:16 PM

oh gumby, sounds promising that you are not pregnant.

cmoma--yes, i am relieved. it would have been fine, of course, but it is just not an ideal time at ALL. dh is crazy stressed, and i am being pulled all over the place by work/kids/home. we have talked about maybe having a third in a few years, but would like a few things to happen before that. so while it's always nice to see a positive pregnancy test i am relieved as it wasn't the best time for our family.

now as for you...nausea, oh my! you're 11 dpo? how long is your LP usually? i hope you get some answers soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page