The "I might be pregnant but I wasn't trying" thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1838 Old 05-04-2008, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AF came for me. Now hopefully we can get our timing right for when we are ready to TTC.
#122 of 1838 Old 05-04-2008, 08:06 PM

GL DID! I hope you find the perfect timing.

Andee - it might be just a wonked up cycle because you came off bcp. Is it still going on?

signingspangler - have you tested again?

Mrs.Oz - have you tested?

I still have a backache. Hopefully I can get in to see my chiro this week. Tested - today but I think it would be too early anyway. Dh said I'm not because I haven't had any implantation bleeding lol. Hopefully af will be here by wednesday. That will be cd 32. Thats the longest cycle since having ds. Perfectly on schedule for 4 cycles and then poof, all messed up.

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#123 of 1838 Old 05-04-2008, 09:05 PM

FH- no, haven't tested yet. I'm not completely sure what dpo I am, but at the most, I'm about 7 dpo. The earliest I would want to test is 11 dpo, but since I don't know when that exactly might be, I guess I have to just wait and see. I've felt a little "off" now and then, but it could be a lot of things.

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#124 of 1838 Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 PM

uhhhh....can't believe I'm joining.

I am like clockwork-CD 31. Due today. Have been experiencing waves of nausea since Fri. Had semi-unprotected sex a couple wks ago (*thought* DH had a condom on, turns out he didn't, for at least the first 10-15 minutes). I *always* have o-pain on CD 18, except this month. Am very nervous, should not be getting pg w/out assistance due to genetic disorder.

I was in Whole Foods Fri night and saw a sample basket of cranberry bread, and instantly felt inexplicably disgusted and nauseous. I really wanted to throw up. I haven't been able to eat bread since. Looking at bread is making me sick.

This could also be due to a gross blueberry bagel I ate a few weeks ago that sort of turned my stomach.

Tested Fri night after the nausea, was -. if no AF by tomorrow, will test again! Well, maybe if no AF by 11 pm tonight I'll run out to the store

eta: 12:03 am, I am officially "late", which hasn't happened once since I resumed menses post partum, and if nothing appears by the time I leave DD's doctor appt at 1:45 pm tomorrow, I'm buying a 1st response on the way home.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#125 of 1838 Old 05-04-2008, 09:32 PM

Hi Moms,

I did a test early this morning and BFN, nothing nada. I am thinking that now I am not pregnant.

But, I am not waiting for AF as she hasn't visited in... nearly 7 months as I am BF 12 month old. We had the BD on 4/16 (3wks 4dys ago) and I am pretty sure O on 4/20 (14 DPO). I am having major backache and cramps still. BB are still slightly sore. Oh, and forgot ,major fight with hubby that has lasted all day because I am so furious- still, very unlike us, espeically me. I am also having a silly amount of CM- white and clear I have ever noticed this before. Is this a sign of preggo?

What do you think? I am ready to put this to rest and move on. I would have really tested POS now, right?

thanks!
#126 of 1838 Old 05-05-2008, 09:06 AM

So I am 9dpo (Based on my cycle length. I don't chart.)

I don't have any PMS symptoms yet and I usually get quite a bit of water retention the week before I have my period. A symptom?

I have been having very vivid dreams. A symptom?

I was thinking of testing on Thurdsday that will be 12dpo. Is that too soon?
#127 of 1838 Old 05-05-2008, 02:15 PM

Well according to FF I am only 8 dpo, which I thought I was 10. Oh well. Means more waiting and my back is killing me.

I don't want to go to my chiro without knowing because I know he will ask if I am. And I don't want to say IDK because that just seems stupid. I know I am weird.

I have been really off lately. I am under alot of stress so I am sure thats it but I can't help but think its because I am pg. For instance the other day I was making eggs. I rinsed the cracked shells out and put them in the recycle bin. Go ahead and laugh, I did.

ParisApril - I would start testing at 10 dpo. But thats just me, I can't wait lol.

signingspangler - has af arrived? You should def have had af or + by now if you did indeed ovulate. Maybe it was later than you thought?

bri276 - You have more patience than I do....I would have already done 10 tests lol. GL!

#128 of 1838 Old 05-05-2008, 03:59 PM

Still waiting over here...

The PP who mentioned vivid dreams. Yeah, I have been having those too, for the last several nights. Very, very intense, weird and very real at the same time.

I am on day 37. I don't know what to do! I only have the one AF post-baby, so I have no way of gauging if my cycles are longer and this is just some weird PMS thing, or what. I am going to try and hold out a few more days before testing.

Jackie, Catholic mama to Elijah (6/07) & Gabriel (2/10) and our angel baby, m/c 7/29/12. Expecting someone new in October 2014!
#129 of 1838 Old 05-05-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflies~for~me View Post
so look at everyone...does this mean that statistically, women think they are pregnant more often than they really are???????????????????????????????

I really wanna know, because apparently, I am not outta the woods yet!!!
i would probably say yes, and aww
#130 of 1838 Old 05-05-2008, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Count me in chica's. This is the second time we've gone through a 'scare'. Last time, I was traveling and I think that just made me really late.

This time I"ve been traveling too, but traveling was only for a week, and no jet lag, ect. So I went to the dollar store and got a test, and I'm going to test tomorrow.

It's been nearly two weeks since the mistake happend, so if it's not positive tomorrow am, I'm probably worrying about nothing.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#131 of 1838 Old 05-05-2008, 06:29 PM

well, I saved my morning pee in a cup and tested it a couple hours later, it was NEGATIVE. but, I wonder how accurate that was, there was kind of a lot of pee! it was a solo cup!

sooooo, here I am, still no period and I guess I'll use the 2nd test tomorrow morning if it doesn't arrive by then. but at this point, I'm guessing I'm not pregnant, and that my cycle is just adding another day on (it went from 30 days to 31 a few months back, maybe now I'm going from 31 to 32)

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#132 of 1838 Old 05-05-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Heart View Post
GL DID! I hope you find the perfect timing.

Andee - it might be just a wonked up cycle because you came off bcp. Is it still going on?

signingspangler - have you tested again?

Mrs.Oz - have you tested?

I still have a backache. Hopefully I can get in to see my chiro this week. Tested - today but I think it would be too early anyway. Dh said I'm not because I haven't had any implantation bleeding lol. Hopefully af will be here by wednesday. That will be cd 32. Thats the longest cycle since having ds. Perfectly on schedule for 4 cycles and then poof, all messed up.
Spotting was just a little for the one day (Saturday). I'm 10dpo, but it's probably too soon for AF anyhow. I went in for OMT today and found out that my backache wasn't nothing, but certainly not pregnancy. I had some things majorly out of place. Who knew?
I've been having what could be symptoms, but symptoms and PMS look too much alike. Here's a rundown anyway -- Queasiness sometimes, last two days I've been really hungry every hour or two whether I just ate or not, mild cramps returned, tender breasts, strange headaches, constipation , and insomnia last night(symptom?).
But, I POAS really early today and got a BFN. So, I think I'm in the clear; just waiting for AF.

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#133 of 1838 Old 05-06-2008, 03:23 AM

oh this is so intense!

and i guess i'll fess up and say that DP didn't have a condom on on what FF says is O day, but only for literally 10 seconds at the very beginning before i realized it, so i guess *technically* i could be in this boat? i would say 10 seconds, especially with a DP who has had certain, shall we say issues, isn't really anything to be freaked out about, but you guys are creeping me out. i should really stop reading this thread.

way to go and potentially mess up your first cycle off the pill, amber. i'm a superstar.
#134 of 1838 Old 05-06-2008, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
way to go and potentially mess up your first cycle off the pill, amber. i'm a superstar.
:Ha! That's what I was thinking while I was looking at my chart, knowing that we blatantly ignored my fertility signs! I think the only reason we didn't stop is because a baby right now would be alright. It's not perfect timing, but we've been talking about starting a family for over 3 years! Goodness; we've had baby names picked for almost as long as we've been together (4 years, 5 months)

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#135 of 1838 Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 AM

Full Heart you are such a bad influence!

I tested this morning at 10dpo negative but the test is only 53% accurate at this point. I will test in 2 days again. What a waste of money
#136 of 1838 Old 05-06-2008, 11:04 AM

ok, I don't get it. I'm never late. NEVER EVER. and yet, here I am, no period, but negative pg tests. the thing is, the last time we dtd was about 2 wks ago, and there should definitely be enough hormone there for a test by now, esp a First Response. And like you Amber, we did it on my supposed fertile day (though I didn't get any of the signs of ovulation I usually get), but with a condom on most of the time. I feel it's REALLY unlikely that I'm pg.

I don't even think I ovulated. So, where is AF? And why am I tired, nauseous and having hearburn like I did with DD? if this goes on much longer, I'm going to the midwife for a blood test.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#137 of 1838 Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
ok, I don't get it. I'm never late. NEVER EVER. and yet, here I am, no period, but negative pg tests. the thing is, the last time we dtd was about 2 wks ago, and there should definitely be enough hormone there for a test by now, esp a First Response. And like you Amber, we did it on my supposed fertile day (though I didn't get any of the signs of ovulation I usually get), but with a condom on most of the time. I feel it's REALLY unlikely that I'm pg.

I don't even think I ovulated. So, where is AF? And why am I tired, nauseous and having hearburn like I did with DD? if this goes on much longer, I'm going to the midwife for a blood test.
yay, i don't feel like such a moron now (not that you're a moron either). i think you're having symptoms that are psychologically based, your fear tricks your body into thinking your pregnant. the mind is a powerful thing. and very annoying sometimes.
#138 of 1838 Old 05-06-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisApril View Post

I tested this morning at 10dpo negative but the test is only 53% accurate at this point. I will test in 2 days again. What a waste of money
Thats me pee stick pusher Wow 53% thats way more accurate than I thought it would be LOL. 2 days?! You're gonna wait that long Hey I'll send you a test I have like 20 of them left lol.

Ok I am on day 31 of my cycle and I had ewcm on day 19 so how many more days before its like really really accurate? lol Of course it takes me forever to get a strong positive. I think I have had so many kids by body is like "why bother". So I need like an extra 4 days added on to that. If it doesn't scream positive dh doesn't buy it (we have 7 kids he really should trust me by now lol).

bri276 - Sperm can live up to 5 days (I know for a fact cause thats how I got #7 lol). Implantation can take 6-12 days after conception and then it takes another 2 days for HCG to start being produced. So it might be still early. But I am with you, whats with the long LP? I had one in January but I knew I wasn't pg. I have never had long lp before. It was always 10 days. Now its at least 14 days.

#139 of 1838 Old 05-06-2008, 04:31 PM

I'm out!!!! woohoo!!

still no period, but I got a quant. blood test and the level came back at like 2. although there was a moment of panic because right next to the 2 was a 1226- we had to call the lab to figure it out, it was because my blood was drawn at 12:26 pm! ugh.

yay- I get to enjoy my summer pina colodas & margaritas on the beach!

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#140 of 1838 Old 05-06-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisApril View Post

Yeah, I don't know who on here influenced me, but this thread is the reason why I tested 10 dpo. I think if I don't get AF by Thursday I'll test again on Friday. I definitely want to know before mother's day. I think that would be sweet knowledge to give my momma at dinner, "Oh yeah, by the way, you're about to become a grandmother!" Neither of my brother's have children (or wives) yet, so it would be her first grandchild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
I'm out!!!! woohoo!!

still no period, but I got a quant. blood test and the level came back at like 2. although there was a moment of panic because right next to the 2 was a 1226- we had to call the lab to figure it out, it was because my blood was drawn at 12:26 pm! ugh.

yay- I get to enjoy my summer pina colodas & margaritas on the beach!
Congrats!

#141 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 12:57 AM

Red Rover, Red Rover
Send Aunt Flo Right Over!

#142 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 01:12 AM

Is it wrong that a part of me doesn't want AF to show up??? :

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#143 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Oz View Post
I don't think it's wrong. About 95% of me doesn't want AF around. It's just the "logical, responsible" part that does. That's probably the only reason we cheated and the only reason it's on my mind so much.

#144 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 AM

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#145 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Oz View Post
:

oiseau- Please test! It would give me great satisfaction to hear some accurate results!

I'm waiting until AF is due on Saturday to test.
#146 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 AM

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#147 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 03:29 PM

Got the answer....
started bleeding just a little bit ago.....
I guess that's for the best, but now I'm wondering why I'm so sick...

#148 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Got the answer....
started bleeding just a little bit ago.....
I guess that's for the best, but now I'm wondering why I'm so sick...
Could you have a stomach bug or food poisoning? I have one of the two right now and it's awful! The stomach cramps feel like labor.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#149 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Hi All,
I've been lurking, I admit. I think I may be preggers myself, not from trying, but I'd be happy. I don't know what dh would think however. Anyway, I woud start AF monday so I'll be back. If I am pregnant, I'll have a cool story to tell!
#150 of 1838 Old 05-07-2008, 08:01 PM

I got a faint + today. Will retest in the am with the fmu but I am pretty sure I am pg.

Good luck to everyone else waiting to find out!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page