The "I might be pregnant but I wasn't trying" thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 1838 Old 05-11-2008, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats Mrs Oz!

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 1838 Old 05-11-2008, 02:17 PM

I am dying here. No period. BFN on test this morning. I was looking back in my calendar and realized I am not a 28 day cycle. Not even close. Fertility Friend said possibly my period is due Tuesday. I had to tell DH because he wanted me to have some beers with him yesterday. I was trying to save him the stress. Now we are both irritable.

Sigh...

Congrats Mrs Oz!
#183 of 1838 Old 05-11-2008, 10:01 PM

i'm out! as i thought.

CD 1 is here. i always knew there was no way in hell i was pg, but good to know for sure. no temp drop at all (yet...maybe tomorrow) which is interesting. but i've been travelling the last few days and having to get up at all different times so i guess that's not surprising. yay!
#184 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 10:29 AM

Well, today's the day. I was waiting to see if af showed up, but alas, no. I didn't think so. I'm going to buy a test and take it later so I'll let you know. I'm starting to get a little scared. I don't think dh or his parents( who live downstairs!) are going to be thrilled. I feel like I won't even want to tell. I think I'll have enough of my own anxiety to contend with w/o having to calm theirs, kwim (not dh so much, but the in laws). So many emotions, I suppose I should wait before I go there, eh?:
#185 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 11:06 AM

Congrats Mrs. Oz I was going to tell you also that my two beatiful girls are about the same distance apart as yours will be and it's been great. We are going to be ttc #3 in July, because we like having them close together. The only reason we're waiting a little longer not much just 4 mos longer the third time around is because I am trying to not be prego for at least one summer!!!

#186 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Thanks everyone I'm excited overall, just anxious as it's just not great timing. But, I guess with military life, there never is great timing

Hope everyone else gets the answer they are hoping for soon!

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#187 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 10:21 PM

Well, Mrs. Oz. I got the GHOST line too. At first I really thought negative but I went back about 10 min later and there it was. I think I had a panic attack. : We were not planning this and I was right, dh was not exactly supportive. I think we are both in shock. But I KNEW it. I knew it from the day of o. I'm not kidding. I mentioned earlier that if I was pregnant I'd have a cool story to tell. Is anyone interested, before I type it all out?
#188 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyem View Post
Well, Mrs. Oz. I got the GHOST line too. At first I really thought negative but I went back about 10 min later and there it was. I think I had a panic attack. : We were not planning this and I was right, dh was not exactly supportive. I think we are both in shock. But I KNEW it. I knew it from the day of o. I'm not kidding. I mentioned earlier that if I was pregnant I'd have a cool story to tell. Is anyone interested, before I type it all out?
Spill it!!!

#189 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
congrats!!! and yes, do tell!
#190 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 10:48 PM

AAAHHHHHHH, I just wrote you guys a book and mdc wouldn't let me post it!!!!!! Is there some kind of limit on how long a post can be?
#191 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Yes please tell.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#192 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 11:17 PM

I tried, I really did, mdc wouldn't let me. Maybe it was too long or maybe something in the content wasn't cool, I don't know. I'm sorry you guys, there's got to be a way I can share my story. It gives you goosebumps!
#193 of 1838 Old 05-12-2008, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

I don't think it was too long or had bad content. I think MDC just does that sometimes...apparently often when you're writing a really long post. When I'm writing something big now I always copy it before I hit send so I don't lose it. Also, you can write it up in word or something so it's there is mdc messes up for a bit. If it doesn't post it the first time, at least it is saved and you can paste it in and try again! Try that, I'm sure it will work. I need to know!!!!!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#194 of 1838 Old 05-13-2008, 12:06 AM

Well regardless, congrats!!!!! I'll keep popping by to see if you got to post it, sounds very intriguing!

Whatever it is, it's gotta be better than mine

#195 of 1838 Old 05-13-2008, 12:12 AM

Joining in..

To make it short, I'm not late for my period. In fact I was pretty sure I had it. I had 3 days of spotting at the time my period was expected. I figured okay, whatever... In the past two weeks I've been REALLY tired, I've been having dizzy spells, and I've also been getting those funny feelings where it feels like my heart is beating really fast. I didn't think anything of it until I started feeling nauseated on Sunday and I've spent the past 24+ hours in and out of the bathroom (not throwing up...)

We aren't presently TTC and I'm not charting so I'm really not sure what happened.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#196 of 1838 Old 05-13-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I tried, I really did, mdc wouldn't let me. Maybe it was too long or maybe something in the content wasn't cool, I don't know. I'm sorry you guys, there's got to be a way I can share my story. It gives you goosebumps!
that's happened to me before, mdc just times out sometimes. copy it before you hit submit reply.

can you type it again? so curious!
#197 of 1838 Old 05-13-2008, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
In the past two weeks I've been REALLY tired, I've been having dizzy spells, and I've also been getting those funny feelings where it feels like my heart is beating really fast
That's exactly how I knew we conceived ds2!

#198 of 1838 Old 05-13-2008, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ok, this is the thread I need. So, we are usually playing it very very safe...damn near abstaining 3 out of 4 weeks of the month. Except this month. We were what I thought taking a SMALL risk. I will try to make it short, but basically I want you all to tell me what you think the chances are that I could be prg. Please give me lots of opinions, it seems like I am in the right place to ask? Don't know all the prg abbrev's, so bare w/ me.

My ds is 22 mos. I got period back at 3 mos pp. I know, I know. He slept LONG hours, and I thought it was great until I realized I wasn't prolonging ov anymore. Ok, so they were irregular for only a few months, and then for ten mos straight, my cycles were 28, 27, 28, 27 d, etc. Then my dh got laid off, and our life started spinning out of control in so many ways...It has been a rough year so far for us. Anyway, I think the stress affected my cycle, b/c the last two months it was only 21 and 25 d long.

So, here it is. I always know when I ov - cramp on either side, slight low back pain, and cm and all that. I am pretty sure it was on day 10 this cycle. We dtd on day 7, thinking I was pretty much safe since I usually would be except these last two crazy cycles - ahhhh - who freekin knows anything now...IT IS NOW DAY 16, so only 6 dpo. But, here's the thing...

My nipples have been sore and very sensitive - not totally uncommon b/c ds is still nursing and getting his last six teeth including molars and canines (he's late!) and sometimes when he is really uncomfortable, he sort of latches weird, like clamping down while nursing...so I didn't think anything. Until I got cramping yesterday, 5 dpo (not horrible, just enough to notice) Then we dtd last night and it REALLY HURT. During sex, I'm like, OMG, what if I am prg, and this is implantation cramps! I felt for my cervix and it was way high, could just about touch it with mid finger. WTH?

Today, as the morning goes on, the cramping has gotten less and less obvious...I feel like I am extremely in tune with my body most of the time, and I have A FEELING. My only early sign of prg with ds was sensitive nipples.

Already!?!?! cold.gif  ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09

#199 of 1838 Old 05-13-2008, 05:52 PM

i don't know! thats my new motto and..."don't worry about" while i slap my forehead. i shouldn't be agonizing over this.

dh told me on friday that he is willing to go for #3 nov 1 (well thats our new date...he said jan 1) then 10 minutes later...no protection at all....i am thinking WTH??? we have an unwritten unspoken agreement that condems are his thing. he don't put them on i certainly am not (cause i am the one who wants 5 kids!). since we just decided i started charting. i only have 2 days of temps so no help there. EWCM on the 11th and LITERALLY i was dry as a bone that night. i was so cervically dry that it was weird. since i never paid attention before this was ODD to me (also odd that i just happened to start charting and actually got to see the ewcm 2 days later??!! but i SWEAR there was no mistaking it)

so basically i COULD be 2 dpo but no clue. FF though says that may 3-5 is "projected fertility" and then with ewcm may 11-13 is "certain" fertility time (though no crosshairs)..completely unprotected sex on the 9th...smack dab in the middle of it all!

i had some slight ovary pain on the right side on the 10th.

i always have back pain though, lower back pain is more than normal and no other symptoms...although the venison (which we hardly ever get) didn't look so great until after it was cooked....

just throwing my name in the pot...just in case!
#200 of 1838 Old 05-13-2008, 11:05 PM

CD 3, still no temp drop...starting to worry again.

however: travelled to a different time zone last week, had to temp at all different times last week, recently off the pill, and am currently sick. so who knows which of those things is throwing my temp off.

i'm a little worried nonetheless.
#201 of 1838 Old 05-14-2008, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
CD 3, still no temp drop...starting to worry again.

however: travelled to a different time zone last week, had to temp at all different times last week, recently off the pill, and am currently sick. so who knows which of those things is throwing my temp off.

i'm a little worried nonetheless.
Sounds like a good time to pee on something!
#202 of 1838 Old 05-14-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
Sounds like a good time to pee on something!
oh don't tell me that. but i think i'll do it anyway, cuz even though today is day 4 of AF my temps are still above the coverline. how funny (and not so funny) would it be if i screw up charting on my first cycle, even though i'm using backup... ya, of course that would happen to me.

FF (and others) say it's "not abnormal to have high temps during your period" so i feel slightly better, but i'm going to bite the bullet and POAS anyway. anyone want to send me no baby vibes? or do i get kicked off mdc for saying that?

ETA:

so i just tested (second morning urine, 15 DPO and day 4 of AF with still high temps), and.............. BFN!!! a very clear, obvious, no question about it BFN. used a clearblue test that can apparently work 4 days before AF so since i'm way past that, i think i'm safe. and i'm 99.9% sure i'm developing a fever to go along with my cold, so, i think it's safe to say that i am officially, most definitely out. although, a little tiny part of me was hoping for a positive, so it's good to know i'm emotionally ready for that regardless.

woot!

patiently waiting for those temps to drop sometime in the next 3 or so days. if i'm still above the coverline on 19 DPO i'll be back here worrying again,
#203 of 1838 Old 05-14-2008, 02:13 PM

I just found you ladies... not sure I can really be part of this club, since I have hardware installed, but...

I have a Paraguard (copper) IUD. We have two kids, 3 and 9, and had a stillborn daughter in December. Dh is DONE. I desperately want one more, but not yet. So, instead of him getting the Big V, I got an IUD.

Everything was going fine... sure, my periods were longer, heavier, and more painful with the IUD, but I had my chance of a future babe. I have been half-heartedly charting, just for informational purposes. I think it's good for a gal to know what her body is up to. This last month, after my looong, draggy period, I instantly revved up in fertile mode. Seriously. Day 8 I was egghitey and ripping dh's clothes off. Day 11 I had cramps all day, like I often do when I ovulate. I generally ovulate Day 16 or later, with a short luteal phase, and my overall cycle length is ALWAYS 27 or 28 days. Always.

I had no other signs of fertility the rest of the cycle. My period was due Monday. To fit in with what my cycles have been like lately, it should have really started with some half-hearted spotting on Sunday.

Nothin'.

I've had cramps and increasing nausea for three days now. Teeny bits of spotting, once or twice a day. Two negative HPTs.

I'm going nuts here!!!!! If I'm pregnant... fine... but I need to get the IUD out pronto. If I'm not pregnant, why the hell am I so nauseous? And where's my period? I have the copper, hormone-free IUD, NOT the one that can make you have no periods. I'm so confused. And so on the verge of spending more money on pg tests.

SAHM of Kayla (11/98) Hunter (8/03) Jo (1/04) : Jared (2/05) Camelia (12/07) Hope/Chance (11/08) and Jack (12/09)
#204 of 1838 Old 05-14-2008, 02:35 PM

hey junegoddess, of course you can be part of our little club here,

i would get a blood test if you can. if it wasn't for the IUD i would probably say wait and keep testing, but if you are pg you need that IUD out of there. if you aren't pg and your cycles are always 27/28 days is it possible that the IUD is doing something wonky? that in itself is worth checking out. there's also the possibility of a chemical pg, but i would be most worried about an ectopic, those are more common with IUDs aren't they? if that's the case you have to address that before it becomes dangerous for you. all in all, i'd blood test, for sure. other than that, good luck and keep us updated! s
#205 of 1838 Old 05-14-2008, 05:32 PM

Well I tested on Mothers Day and got a BFN. So I retested today twice and got 2
and I'm feeling a little like this

I mean we can handle it and all. I had just decided to go get BC. I felt like we have been tempting fate....

I shouldn't of even questioned myself after I ate chicken 2 days in a row last week......I don't eat chicken or red meat....ever....unless I am pregnant....

DH is happy though.....

Need to digest this still......

aloha
#206 of 1838 Old 05-14-2008, 06:09 PM

Congrats Mauimama!!!!!

#207 of 1838 Old 05-14-2008, 07:25 PM

Congrats, Mauimama!

Junegoddess, I had one of those months last month and I've got hardware (I like that, lol!) too. I have the Mirena IUD and the darn hormones make me feel like I'm pregnant almost every month. I'd go crazy if I wasn't charting.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#208 of 1838 Old 05-14-2008, 07:33 PM

I tested yesterday evening, BFN... So now I'm really confused, I think I'm back to my original plan which was to head to the doctor and get my thyroid checked. I'd love to have a BFP... but I'm only supposed to wait a few more months and it'd be nice to have it somewhat "planned" this time around.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#209 of 1838 Old 05-14-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
Junegoddess, I had one of those months last month and I've got hardware (I like that, lol!) too. I have the Mirena IUD and the darn hormones make me feel like I'm pregnant almost every month. I'd go crazy if I wasn't charting.
I had the Mirena a couple of years ago... and I felt pg all the time, too!! Finally had it out, because I was getting so crazy about it. Almost everything I read said the hormones stayed local... couldn't possibly be what was effecting me. But then I'd read a few tantalizing bits about women gaining weight or getting crazy, and I finally decided I just didn't care that much about NOT getting pregnant.

Turned out I didn't have any cycles for about 6 months after it came out, anyway. But I was a tad more sane about things.

I've still only got a teeny bit of spotting. I feel VERY "full"... bloated... and I don't bloat. It feels like my uterus is full. Very weird. I think I'm going to beg for a same-day appt tomorrow. I'm supposed to go visit my family (12 hours on the road) on Monday, so I need to get this figured out quick... if it's an ectopic or some other problem (what could it be??) I just need to get it over with.

SAHM of Kayla (11/98) Hunter (8/03) Jo (1/04) : Jared (2/05) Camelia (12/07) Hope/Chance (11/08) and Jack (12/09)
#210 of 1838 Old 05-16-2008, 01:43 PM

Hi Everyone! My computer was down for a few days but I came back to report that even though I had 2 positive tests, I definately seem to have af now. Going for follow up bloodwork tomorrow but I'm pretty sure I'm out, which is a good thing fo us right now. Good luck and have fun!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page