The "I might be pregnant but I wasn't trying" thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 1838 Old 05-21-2008, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK... Tell me what you think.

LMP was April 30. I woke up today with some spotting (small amount, pinkish/brownish). Nothing since. I'm a little crampy off and on this morning...

My cycles have been pretty regular, usually 28 days. The last was 32 days.

I'm not supposed to start my period for at least another week. From everything I'm reading it sounds like implantation spotting...

OMG!!! Am I pregnant?
#242 of 1838 Old 05-21-2008, 04:31 PM

I would take a test when you see fit!!

#243 of 1838 Old 05-21-2008, 05:51 PM

Hi - I need to 'talk' to someone. I have a 13 mo DS and DH and I casually decided to 'not prevent' since we know we want another. It took a long time to get pregnant with my son so we didn't think it would happen 'by mistake' very easily. Now I am on day 37 of my cycle. Usually it's between 33 and 35 days long. I'm starting to realize that we didn't really think this through and that this may not be the ideal time to be pregnant (for mostly financial reasons). Of course, if I am pregnant it will be wonderful and work out well but I'm kind of hoping I'm not which is weird because I was so desperate to conceive DS.

When should I test? I have zero symptoms and don't feel pregnant.
#244 of 1838 Old 05-21-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot View Post
Hi - I need to 'talk' to someone. I have a 13 mo DS and DH and I casually decided to 'not prevent' since we know we want another. It took a long time to get pregnant with my son so we didn't think it would happen 'by mistake' very easily. Now I am on day 37 of my cycle. Usually it's between 33 and 35 days long. I'm starting to realize that we didn't really think this through and that this may not be the ideal time to be pregnant (for mostly financial reasons). Of course, if I am pregnant it will be wonderful and work out well but I'm kind of hoping I'm not which is weird because I was so desperate to conceive DS.

When should I test? I have zero symptoms and don't feel pregnant.
Well, if you normally have 33-35 day cycles and are on day 37, I'd say you could test now if you want to. I understand about having mixed feelings...I've been in that boat for about a week now and starting to feel better about it. Everything happens for a reason

Mrs.Oz :, wife to Mr. Oz , mother to Boo : 2 years and Sissy 9 months.
: :
#245 of 1838 Old 05-21-2008, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Boot- Test today and don't forget to tell us either way!

I'm waiting another week, I did buy some tests off Ebay for cheap (25 for $8.00) so atleast I won't keep wasting money being paranoid about being pregnant. But you never know, it may or may not be just paranoia. Don't you just hate how PMS and pregnancy symptoms are so closely similar and when you want to be pregnant so bad you maybe imagine the symptoms????

I wish everyone the best (either way) with theirs!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#246 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 09:35 AM

Good Luck everyone!

I'm out this time, I'm a little upset and a little relieved... I only have 3 more cycles to wait so it's not awful, and about 20 more lbs I wanted to lose beforehand...

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

#247 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 11:31 AM

I guess I belong here I'm Kate and I already have two beautiful sons aged 25 months and 7 months. We had a birth control failure and I can't remember when my last cycle was (not like it matters since I'm still nursing and that makes my cycle all wonky anyways.) If I haven't gotten my period by Monday, I'll be testing.

As much as I want a third child, its really not a good time right now. I am supposed to start grad school next month and my husband absolutely does not want a third right now for financial reasons.

So AF vibes would be appriciated right now
#248 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybabygirls View Post
I would take a test when you see fit!!
I'm thinking it's too early to test right now, but the suspense is killing me. I may cave and get a test today. But I keep telling myself it's a waste of money if I take it to early. I don't know.

I have such mixed emotions right now. If I'm pregnant we'll be very happy and excited, but I wasn't "planning" on getting pregnant right now. DS is still nursing and I wanted to wait until he was a bit older. I'm supposed to go back to school in the fall and we're trying to pay off our debt and save for a house. But for the last few months I've been seriously stalking the DDCs and dreaming of having another baby.

And if I was that serious about "waiting" I should have been doing a little bit more than the pull and pray method.

I don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait a few days and see.
#249 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzchen View Post
So AF vibes would be appriciated right now
:

I hope she comes to visit soon!
#250 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 04:28 PM

#251 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 05:11 PM

#252 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 05:14 PM

I have been following this thread closely and I guess I am throwing my hat into the ring.

I have a 15 week old who I am EBF...she is a great sleeper though and I most nights sleeps up to 8 hours without nursing.

My dh and I dtd unprotected about 2 weeks ago and I am having some classic early pregnancy symptoms...

tingley breasts (when she is not feeding and it is not letdown)
painful latch (her latch is perfect and I have had no pain till now)
Super sense of smell
I had spotting (pink cm) this weekend (possible implantation)
Nausea
Lower back pain.

Also I have been having baby dreams (and it is not my current baby)

I am thinking I will test come morning...

anyone have any insights
#253 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 07:02 PM

Well, AF arrived this morning. I'm 95% relieved and 5% disappointed. Hope everyone else gets the results they are hoping for.
#254 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 10:01 PM

I'm not sure if I should join in here or not but I'm about 4 days late and I've taken a few pregnancy test each with faint lines saying I am pregnant but when I went to the dr. today I took another urine test and it came back negative. I want to believe the dr. (even though I really want another baby) but I don't know what to think with those other tests I took at home. I just don't know what's going on!! arg!! :
#255 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure if I should join in here or not but I'm about 4 days late and I've taken a few pregnancy test each with faint lines saying I am pregnant but when I went to the dr. today I took another urine test and it came back negative. I want to believe the dr. (even though I really want another baby) but I don't know what to think with those other tests I took at home. I just don't know what's going on!! arg!!
Which tests did you take at home?

Generally, the home tests (except for some) detect lower amounts of Hcg than the dr office ones. How many dpo are you? If it's still rather early I'd be inclined to trust the home tests at this point, especially if you used an early result one.

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#256 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmiepie View Post
Which tests did you take at home?

Generally, the home tests (except for some) detect lower amounts of Hcg than the dr office ones. How many dpo are you? If it's still rather early I'd be inclined to trust the home tests at this point, especially if you used an early result one.

Well, I took a grand total of 5 at home (had I known 2 came in one pack I would have only bought 1 box). 4 were the ones that you use a dropper and they came back with really faint lines but they were there and the last one I took was the one Wal-Mart makes and it came back with a faint positive line too - but it was a lot more vivid than the others. And I'm not sure how many dpo I am, I know that this past monday would have been 28 days (and that's when I usually start if not a few days earlier).
#257 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm well I would either go get a digital test or get an early result test. The early result should go a good line if you really are, and if you're far enough the digital would be a straight yes or no.

I'd be inclined to go with the early test.

But I would say with 5 faint lines, and two different types of tests that they're probably correct!

Kim, Wife to Michael, Homeschooling Mom to Hannah (13), Aidan (12), Brighton (8), and Oliver (5) and Ephraim (2) goorganic.jpgsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.giffemalesling.GIF 
#258 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 10:45 PM

Quote:
But I would say with 5 faint lines, and two different types of tests that they're probably correct!
ITA! Congratulations!

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#259 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 PM

Thanks mamas... I really hope I am!
#260 of 1838 Old 05-22-2008, 11:37 PM

we ARE TTC #2 right now but i just read all 13 pages of this thread and really enjoyed the ride congrats to everyone who is PG and to everyone who got their AF that wanted it!

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#261 of 1838 Old 05-23-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:

Yep! ::

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#262 of 1838 Old 05-23-2008, 03:10 PM

So I'm experiencing some nausea and dizzyness. Until now I was trying not to over-analyze my chart, but does anyone else think it looks triphasic?

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#263 of 1838 Old 05-23-2008, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So I'm experiencing some nausea and dizzyness. Until now I was trying not to over-analyze my chart, but does anyone else think it looks triphasic?
Yes, it does look that way to me.

#264 of 1838 Old 05-23-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinsky View Post
Yep! ::
You're the best, Colleen!
#265 of 1838 Old 05-23-2008, 08:15 PM

So I caved and bought a test from the dollar store today and ran home to take it. And it's negative.

I have mixed emotions about it. When I was waiting for the test results I was smiling, like I was almost hopeful that it might be postive. I don't know. I feel like a total contradiction.

Did I test too early? Does it really matter if it's the morning pee?
#266 of 1838 Old 05-23-2008, 08:19 PM

: Congratulations, Elijahs Momma!!! :
#267 of 1838 Old 05-23-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
so exactly what is triphasic? i am in a WIERD head space. i keep thinking "triphasic, singing madonnas new song, and thinking about sewing" all day long! seriously i woke up thinking "triphasic, trI phase IC." am i weird?
#268 of 1838 Old 05-23-2008, 10:04 PM

What day are you on, homeschoolingmama?

lol! Nope not weird! A triphasic chart has a clear second thermal shift which may indicate conception (or not).

Quote:
from FertilityFriend: A triphasic chart shows three levels of temperatures: pre-ovulation, post-ovulation, and then a second rise around 7-10 days after ovulation. Some women with charts that show this pattern turn out to be pregnant. But many do not.

A triphasic chart can be promising, however, because progesterone levels generally increase after implantation (7-10 days past ovulation) in conception cycles, and sometimes this results in a triphasic pattern. If your chart shows a second significant thermal shift that begins 7-10 days past ovulation, Fertility Friend will indicate a triphasic pattern in the Pregnancy Monitor. A triphasic chart, however, is not a definite sign that you are or are not pregnant.
Quote:
from TCOYF: Triphasic temperature patterns are often indicative of implantation during a cycle and may occur before a home pregnancy test can return positive results. They are called triphasic because they represent a third level of high temperatures typically reached seven to ten days after ovulation. (The first level of temperatures are those preceding ovulation, the second level of temperatures are those immediately after ovulation, the third level of temperatures are those after implantation).

Temperatures may rise after implantation as a result of additional progesterone being secreted by the corpus luteum (it kicks into high gear), in response to the release of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) by the implanted zygote. It should be noted that not all pregnancy charts display triphasic patterns.

#269 of 1838 Old 05-23-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanelleB View Post
What day are you on, homeschoolingmama?
You mean homeschoolmama? I recently noticed that there is a homeschoolingmama on here, too. I may need to come up with a new username.

I'm not charting, so I don't know definitively when I ovulated. My LMP was April 30, and I usually have 28 day cycles (sometimes up to 32). So I'm expecting my period in 5 days.
#270 of 1838 Old 05-24-2008, 11:57 AM

I'm about 5 days off from my period, too. It's tempting to go ahead and test, isn't it?

And you know, if you put your first name in your signature line, we could use that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page