Mothering Forum banner

The "I might be pregnant but I wasn't trying" thread

159K views 2K replies 372 participants last post by  *green*faery* 
#1 ·

Yeah, that would be me. Anyone else?

I often have cycles where I think it could be a possibility...thinking maybe he slipped up with withdrawl or what not. But this time the slip was real and it was in my very fertile phase. I am only 3dpo (possibly 5 because I wasn't sure) but I have had heartburn and nausea all day and just a "feeling". I know it seems silly because it's so early, but my with last pregnancy I had an implantation dip at 5dpo, and started feeling symptoms a couple of days before. I also tested + at 9dpo.

Of course it could be all in my head. But I'm going with my gut feeling right now.

We were pretty sure we did not want any other children, but we haven't been 100% in our protection methods, so we knew it could happen and neither one of us were distraught about it. We shall see!

Anyone want to join me?

See less See more
#1,453 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by missmich View Post
Maybe as a way to punish myself and this is not good at all.
Oh, mama, don't punish yourself. You deserve to be happy, no matter what that entails for you. You have so very much to deal with right now, and my heart goes out to you.

I just wanted to offer you a huge
and let you know that whatever you decide, there are those out there (albeit strangers) who hope for the very best for you. Take a deep breath and allow yourself to feel a bit of peace in your soul. Even in this time of chaos, you are entitled to that.

#1,454 ·
I just found this post. Just what I needed. I need to get this off of my mind-if that's possible. I had a tubal procedure done almost 2 years ago. I had terrible, life-threatening complications w/both pregnancies. One of my kids was born with a birth defect that required surgeries and still is not totally corrected. We decided we were DONE. I weaned DS at 19.5 months-almost 2 months ago. AF has never returned since I had him. I've gained 10 lbs. since I weaned him. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both were negative. I was at the ob-gyn this week. He said it's not normal that I've never had AF return. So I'm waiting on blood test to see if I am pregnant. I've been very crampy and feeling rotten. I've just attributed it to hormones being wacked out since AF never returned-never thought I could be pregnant because of the surgery. However, the more reading I do, the more I see that the surgery may not have done it's job. I won't find out results of the blood test until next week sometime. Up until I thought I could be pg I felt we were totally done. When I got the negative test today though I felt sad. I totally "feel" pg, but ten I convince myself I'm imagining it. Who knows. Phew. It feels good just getting this off of my chest. Thanks for reading this novel of a post.

#1,455 ·
's I know how you feel.....My dh had a vasectomy almost 18 mos. ago and a couple of times since then i could have sworn I was pg! I had hot flashes , felt like complete crap, got dizzy etc. and all 3 times I POAS (knowing I was crazy but figured I had them left over so why not use them for a laugh) and of course they were negative. Even though I know full well that deep down in my heart we are done I still felt sad and even worse when AF would show within a day. I just keep telling myself that it's natural to feel that way, I mean I spent the last 7 yrs. thinking of AF and Oing as having a purpose and now I have to deal with these times of the month both which cause me pain for nothing!

Sorry I don't have anything more helpful to say I just saw your post and could relate. I hope everything works out for you and that everything is ok.

#1,456 ·
It's ok to make along post here Hopefull. Mine was much longer and it seems people actually read it! lol

I hope you get the results that wish for when the tests come back.

As for me....I spent the whole freaken day at the clinic waiting to see a doctor knowing I'd be told to go to another clinic at the hospital to take the actual test. Of course it was to late by the time I got out of there and now I have to wait until tomorrow morning to pee on a stick there. I was told it would be a blood test. That's Quebec for you! I'm a BC gal and let it be known each time I have an issue with the docs here! lol

I could have bought a pee test and found out yesterday,but didn't even have that much money. Also I had some questions for the doctor. I'm concerned about the Effexor I was on and needed a safe to take while pregnant anti nausea med. He said since I started to taper off the AD's I xan and should stop tonight. Then he gave me a nice anti nausea med. It has a pic of a pregnant lady on it!

The pharmacist seemed very happy for me and helpful. She recommended some prenatals and stuff.

Sooooo tomorrow I head to the hosp. clinic to pee on a stick and then home to wait for the call!

#1,457 ·
Can someone let me know what you think the odds are that I am pregnant, please!

We used no BC on cycle days 5 & 8 but I am not worried about that
We used withdrawal on CD9 & 14 still not really worried
BUT!
DP failed at withdrawal on CD13

My peak day and temp shift day appear to be on CD 14

DP initiated a 'talk' with me about what we were going to 'do' if I am pregnant. We had planned on CTA until next year and then TTC. I am finishing up my masters and starting a new job. He is recovering from surgery and about to go back to school to finish up his degree. I didn't want to worry about it until AF time but he is really worried. I do think that we agreed to have the baby if there is one though.

Also if someone can tell me how to embed my chart then I will post it. I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

#1,458 ·
Hi, GeoMomma. It sounds like a definite possibility if you O'd when you think you did. I don't know much about charting, since I've never done it but I've read enough on these boards to get the idea that you probably were fertile when you had the temp shift. I'd say you're in the 2ww.

I hope you get the outcome you hope for, in any case.

Missmich, I'm dying to know your test result, LOL!!
Keep us posted. I really hope everything turns out for the best.
to you!!

AFM, I still have not seen hide nor hair of AF since Lil' Man was born (he's 19 months old). Usually, she's returned by 18 months at the latest, but still nothin'. We've been good about the BC lately, but last night there was another whoopsie. I am pretty convinced that DH is secretly trying to get me knocked up again. He's mentioned a few times what would we do if there was another baby, or how it would give me an excuse to get another vehicle (sheesh, I just paid off my truck, I don't want another car payment!!). I vacillate back and forth, but deep down I feel like Lil' Man is my baby and should stay that way.

Besides, I just took on the job of babysitting for my friend. She has 3-year old twins, very sweet little girls but my goodness... I have five kids here, with 4 of them age four and under. It is utter chaos sometimes. I have had to teach myself that a toy explosion in the living room really isn't the end of the world and picking up only twice a day is acceptable.
It's different when the ages are more spread out, I know, and also if they're all your own kids, but a houseful of kids is a houseful of kids, however you cut it. I love it on a lot of levels, yet I spend a lot of time VERY tired. I have to do my homework LATE LATE at night, the only time I get, so I am often up until 1am. Then I have to be up at 6:15. It's amazing, I didn't think I was capable of being surrounded by such child-madness and still being sane at the end of the day! (It's actually fun, most of the time - my friend's daughters really are good girls.)

But it's convinced me I should probably be happy to have had six healthy kids (my gawd, the oldest is almost 15!!!
) and call it good. I miss my others but no amount of new babies is going to bring their missed childhoods back.

ANYWAY. I ramble. For once, it's a little calm around here and I guess I am taking advantage of the moment. I suppose the gist is I am in the 2ww - again - but I doubt anything will come of it. Which is fine.

to all!

#1,459 ·
I can't believe I am on this thread right now. I know I am being silly but I have been nauseous for like 4 days now. And it is off and on. Sometimes I will be fine and then BOOM, I feel sick again. I work with elementary children so maybe this is some frightful lingering stomache bug. I didn't have morning sickness with my DD. I thought I had gotten food poisoning but but it doesn't quite fit the symptoms. I almost got a test today but I am due for AF on Monday or Tuesday so I figure I should wait. Strange feeling of panic mixed with excitement. Panic because we had planned to wait a few more months but excited because well a miracle is a miracle. We shall see...

#1,462 ·
Well here is a small update:

- last night I got emotional during Spiderman 2 when he saved the little girl from the fire

- tonight my tummy is feeling a little hard and seems to be bigger then it was yesterday...all of a sudden

- just now I had to cough and it turned in to me needing to vomit

#1,463 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
GeoMomma, your chances of being pregnant are very high according to the information you provided. How many dpo are you now? When are you going to test? I hope you get the result you want.

Waiting until March 1 to test. Hoping for BFN. I am working with radiation, toxic chemicals, and high temps (1100 C) for my thesis and of course none of that would be good for a developing baby! I am a little frustrated with charting as I was trying several different formats and getting quite different charts (see my post TCOYF vs Fertility Friend) with the same data. Fertility Friend seems to reflect most accurately what I believe is going on with my body which is ovulated arund CD13. I would be 4 days past O now.

Missmich I am looking forward to seeing your results! Sorry for the wait!

#1,464 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by missmich View Post
Well here is a small update:

- last night I got emotional during Spiderman 2 when he saved the little girl from the fire

- tonight my tummy is feeling a little hard and seems to be bigger then it was yesterday...all of a sudden

- just now I had to cough and it turned in to me needing to vomit

Waiting... I'm all emotionally invested in your results now, too...
!

#1,465 ·
How the heck do you think I feel? LOL I mean the nausea started it all,but I totally thought it was caused by the Yasmine and I'm not new to nausea so I could stay in denial. Oh the missing Aunt I blamed on the Yasmine as well. My belly can be bloated that happens to us all right? Yes,it does. lol Then the emotional stuff and the cough that turns into a trip to the toilette? What's that all about? I don't think the Yasmine can be blamed for that. It's 7pm and I sleep with the cell phone under my pillow so will be sure to hear them when they call me and they'd better be calling tomorrow!

#1,470 ·
OMG - I didn't log in today because of dealing with sick kiddos... and Missmich - AHHHH!!! YAY!!!

Congratulations, mama!!! Have fun!

#1,471 ·
HopefulMama -

#1,473 ·
Ugh. Negative blood test today. Still feel extremely preggo. 5 weeks since LMP. They said come back next week if no AF, but since my cycles have never been regular....*shrug*. They want to "start my cycle" if the next test is neg too, not particularly looking forward to taking that pill either.

Am more depressed by the uncertainty than if I knew for sure. Doesn't help that the husband is pretty much un-thrilled at idea of another baby, so he doesn't share my unhappiness and I can't talk to him.

I wish my body wasn't keeping me in limbo and making me feel achy, bloaty and crazy too. If I'm not preg, I shouldn't have to walk around dealing with nausea and feeling lousy, you know?

#1,474 ·
Emjaybee- How frustrating for you! Hopefully you will get better news soon.

Hopefulmama- I'm sorry!

As for me I am now 7 dpo and started having creamy/lotion like CF today, after 6 dry days, hmmm . . .
Given that "oops I didn't pull-out in time" that happened on the day I think I O'd; still another 8 days or so until I can test, so here's my chart

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/GeoMomma

just wondering 'sigh'

#1,475 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I'll be hanging out here for a few weeks!

My dh and I were, for the most part, CTA, but were both open to the eventual possibility of more children. A "heat-of-the-moment" lapse that I *think* was 1 dpo has me a little concerned. We usually wait at least 2-3 dpo to make sure we're safe.

I've read the last few pages of posts here and am sending good vibes out to you all!

My mind is trying to tell me that I'm being silly- this isn't a good time to TTC- but my heart is already excited at the tiny possibility that just maybe...

I guess time will tell.

#1,477 ·
Hi ladies, may I join you ?

We had a little oopsies while using a condom a few days before ovulation. I would love it if it turns out I'm pregnant. Dh is less thrilled but would be alright.

I'm 5dpo (ovulated on Valentines Day !
) and trying to patiently wait out the tww. Hoping I can find some friends to hang out with here while we wait.

to everyone waiting to know. I hope we all get what we are wishing !

xxo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.