Wanting but Waiting tribe - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mommy2LIz~ HI! I think it's great that you are waiting, but not wanting that bad! It will come sooner when you aren't thinking about it every waking moment that is for sure! LOL!! I know with me, I am waiting and hoping that my dh will agree and set a date some time soon. It's horrible waiting because I don't know if we will/won't TTC for sure or not!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 PM

I'm going to join in I think. Our youngest is turning 3 in December. We had decided to wait until she was 5 to think about having a 4th, but then all of a sudden DH seems to have baby fever. He started asking our other kids what they thought about it and asked the 2 year old if she was ready to be a big sister. lol (She said yes BTW) So now we are planning on starting TTC June 2009. I want to wait until then to shoot for a Spring baby. I loved my pregnancy timing with my first (born in April) and I'd love to do that again. Problem is, now the idea is in my head and I'm obsessed. LOL
I have figured out what baby carriers I need to add to my stash. I've starting working out what cloth diapers I need and what I want to try to sew on my own. I've already started sewing up wipes. To be fair, I need them for my 2 1/2 year old since the TP isn't agreeing with her.
I also want to lose another 30 lbs or so (20 even would be ok) and get into better shape. I can't imagine being pregnant feeling the way I do most of the time now. That is the thing that makes me really hold off going ahead with weaning off my meds and getting the IUD out. I KNOW I will have a much better pregnancy if I do that.
Anyway, its so hard to put it off! Dh is willing to TTC right now and that doesn't help. LOL

Leigh

Old 08-29-2008, 02:05 PM

Alright, time for me to join you. DP and I have been talking about TTC in the next six months or so. But I need to finish my *%(($&*#(# thesis first. And now everyone around me seems to be pregnant! I soooooo want to be pregnant right now! BADLY!!! And I can't vent about it to anyone but DP, who is very supportive but can't really help (other than encouraging me to go work on my thesis some more. Blech).

*sigh* So I'll be hanging out with you ladies until...(counts on fingers)... at least October, maybe January at the latest. Please tell me that just a few months is really a minor wait, and I won't implode from the baby bug!

Kristal: Now an at-home mama to my Doodle and my Roo and partner to my love .
15/52 craft projects completed in 2010.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:07 PM

Kritto - I could have written almost the exact post! I also need to finish my #$*@&% thesis (haha), am waiting until at least January, and everyone is getting pregnant/is pregnant! Hang in there though....we are getting closer every day!

Our beautiful baby girl arrived 2/17/2010
Old 08-30-2008, 07:51 PM

i have not posted here in a couple of months, tho i have been reading sporadically. i am about to start student teaching (grade 4), and as it is i feel conflicted about that...(unschooling mama at heart). i am finding it hard to see having a job and my 4yo dd, nevermind adding in a babe. yet i very much want a second child. so i am feeling the pull between the financial improvement of getting a job, and putting the career on hold. my heart makes the choice easy, but then there's those pesky bills.

for now, i think my main work now is to open to abundance in its many forms!

mama to one amazing daughter born 1/2004
Old 08-30-2008, 08:05 PM

Today is a wanting very badly day. And I'm not even close to being fertile (this cycle) yet)..so it's not my hormones speaking...it's my soul.

I guess it's hard because we originally set a time frame (this coming May) and now are thinking it may have to be put off another year because of finances.
Though while I feel that as much as I desire a child, right this moment is not the right time to TTC...I don't feel that waiting longer is the right decision either (even if our finances say otherwise).

Ok, just needed to vent again and am so thankful for this place to do so.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:27 PM

Hello!

Well, I wanted to give you an update... I am hoping that I might not be waiting for long! My DH shocked me this weekend and didn't pull out (first time in 8 years!!). I hope this is good news for us... we didn't really talk about it much though, so now I am just patiently waiting for the green light! Say a prayer for me please!! I hope things are moving in the right direction!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:35 PM

Ok update here. . I am no longer waiting. We are actively ttc as of Friday night. My cycles have never been regular so I am a bit afraid of how long its gonna take us to get pregnant but hoping to see a BFP soon!!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:00 PM

Well my mind has changed drastically in the last few days. I think I might be ready to try! Yikes!

I just feel very strongly that it is time for #2. There have been a lot things that make me think it is time. I'm scared TO DEATH! I am also very scared of heartbreak. It took us almost 5 years with #1. I don't know if I can handle the disappointment month after month again. So I don't want to get my hopes up about trying only to have it take a long time again.

Part of me wants to lose my last 5 pounds and become a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. I'm seriously so close!! I'm also nursing my 16 mo. old and the thought of going from nursing to pregnant/nursing to nursing a newborn again is a lot to handle. I miss getting dressed in cute clothes, not "nursing friendly" clothes. LOL

I start thinking about potty training, toddler tantrums etc. all while taking care of a newborn. How in the world do people do this??

I'm rambling. Sorry! Anyway, I think within the next few weeks it will be time.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:54 AM

Hello all. I am here now too. I delivered my second child, my son, in late January of this year. We had always said we were having two children, I dislike pregnancy, I was *certain* during my pregnancy that I was done. Now I am almost as certain that I want two more!

I want to wait at least until Jan./Feb. of 2009 to try. I know a lot of women have success nursing during pregnancy but I want to give my son a full year with no stress about my supply. I started my cycle again back in early July so I will have the IUD removed in January, chart a cycle or two and then start trying.

Nice to have found this thread. I wish I could just throw caution to the wind and go for it now but I know waiting is really for the best.

"Hey, I've got nothin' to do today but smile." - S & G
Old 09-15-2008, 06:53 PM

I'm so excited to have found this thread. I'm also currently wanting and waiting to have a LO. Our main plans include getting our finances in order. We really don't have much debt but we'd like to be rid of it all and have a bit more in savings before we TTC. I currently work nights as an RN and I'm planning to switch to day shift to allow my body time to regulate again. In the meantime I plan on losing about 20 lbs and getting my body as baby ready as possible. I've really been trying to work on my eating habits as well as taking my Prenatal Vitamins. Our goal is to start trying by the end of 2009 possibly early 2010 which seems soooooooo far away.

dreads.gif  ribbonyellow.gif Proud Army Wife to DH ribbonyellow.gif  mama to one busy boy blahblah.gif and his dog2.gif  
Old 09-15-2008, 09:24 PM

Well, I've finally had a chance to talk to DH in the past two days about 1) weaning off my meds and trying for managing my symptoms with nutrition/suppliments and 2) getting his "blessing" to take the IUD out and go with CTA until we are ready to TTC. I am so excited! I really didn't think he'd go for it so easily. Not that I was looking for his permission, but it would be easier if he was on board too, yk?
Hopefully all of that will help me with losing the weight also. Seems like something (my meds, the IUD, poor nutrition) is making me hold onto this weight.

Leigh

Old 09-16-2008, 01:20 PM

I have been watching this thread a bit, but I think I am ready to join in, and I am a little freaked out about the prospect of TTC #2. We went to a wedding this weekend and I saw a number of friends with 2 children and DD just turned 2, I think now is the time, but I'd like to wait until at least late Oct. to try.

I need reassurance that it will all be okay, anybody want to hold my hand because I am pretty scared about the prospect of having 2 children, yet I am also so enamored of the whole idea.

That's my story. Start to TTC late Oct. DH is totally on board(I think he'd try right now).

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
Old 09-17-2008, 12:51 AM

Norasmomma, I don't have two yet, but I am sure it will be a beautiful and wonderful thing! And whatever moments are overwhelming, I'm sure it'll be oh so worth it, both for you and DH and your child, who will have a sibling for life!

I am new here, also, and wanted to just say hi! I have been having some pretty serious babylust for a while, but DH has been reluctant, and our life has been (and continues to be) not ideal for an addition. DS will be 3 this November, and we really don't want our kids to be much more than 4 years apart. DH and I talked recently, and he is suddenly completely calm and open and happy about #2, though we won't start trying until the spring. Now that I know when we are TTC, I'm much calmer about it, and feel at peace to get my life, nutrition, and our finances in better order before that time. So much is up in the air right now in our lives, that it really is for the best, and at the same time, I'm so excited, I could almost not care when it is! I know there is no perfect time. But. Spring '09 will be perfect, I think. I so hope that we have an easy time getting pg this time. #1 was a surprise, so I've never been in the TTC boat!

Anyway, hello, and that's my story. So great to connect with other women who are in the wanting but waiting time
Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 AM

I am scared about having #2 also, and sort of sad that life as we know if as the three of us will be different in a lot of ways. I worry that I will be taking attention away from my ds (I know this is not necessarily a bad thing--but it feels like it!), that he will be sad and jealous. I also worry about how I will handle 2. But I also have to remember that a LOT of good will come from having a sibling, and for us having two children to watch grow together.

I am sort of undecided about when we will start TTC--everyone around me is pregnant and my body is saying now. Which, would be OK I guess...but I wanted to take our big trip to Panama to see the ILs and have a good time without being pregnant first--that is in December. And I'd love to lose another 15-20 pounds to be at an optimal weight, as well as ramp up my nutrition and exercise. So I *think* we're aiming for January. That would (if we conceive in the first month or two) put our kids about 3.5 years apart. I keep reading about what the best age differences are and there is such a wide range that I think no matter wht it will work itself out.

Morgan - Wife to Eldi, Mama to 5 yr old ds Gabriel and baby Lucia, Doula -- my loves!

Old 09-17-2008, 12:38 PM

Two is great. We had #2 when DD was 2 years 7 months old. They are very close even with all the fighting. LOL We didn't feel ready for #3 until later so there is a 4 year difference between them. It was the perfect spacing for them. Harder to get back into the swing of baby things, but great for them.
We planned on closer spacing between #3 and #4, but didn't feel ready at the time. DD2 is still nursing and just now being ok spending time away from me. We'll end up with just over 4 years between her and the next one. Much longer than we planned, but I think it works out for the best.
The hardest part about adding #2 is just figuring out how to do things with two (duh, huh? lol). You know how to do most of it so you aren't lost, but now you are trying to do it while taking care of your first. I was so scared, but as long as you include your first in your daily stuff and don't over think it, it's fine. Don't worry and overcompensate. Just make it all matter of fact and your child will pick up on it I think.

Leigh

Old 09-17-2008, 01:30 PM

I know that it will be hard at first, but DD is a big girl and is really helpful, plus I'd be wearing the baby all the time in a sling or Ergo. I'm just scared, but that's just part of life. We also are not at the most perfect time financially(but right now who is?)to have another LO, but I can't really wait my clock is ticking. I'm almost ready to just go for it now, and not wait anymore. DH would be on board, he sure seems like it YKWIM?. He is such a great father and I think that it could be a good situation. Thing is if we DTD this month I'd be due in June-ish and that is probably really bad timing, summer is hotter than hot here and I would love to be able to take DD swimming and to the beach, but with a newborn that just ain't gonna happen. So I think we should wait a little longer, DD was conceived around Dec. 11 and her b-day is Sept 11 and that is a really great time of year here, so a few more months. Ugh, want to get pg right now.....

morganeldi-I was ready to TTC last Dec, but didn't because we had a trip to Mexico and I also didn't want to be pg, then my baby bug went away, and has been away because DD was tough from 13-17 months. Now I am ready, but I have to wait again, maybe we just go for it. IDK, I am so confused. At least I know we have help with family and friends.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:30 PM

Hey, I think I'm going to join. Glad to find you guys! About a month ago, out of nowhere it seems, I got a case of baby fever really bad...and it hasn't gone anywhere. Dh is still getting used to the idea, and we're giving it some time to figure out of it's what we really want. But it's the first time since our second child was born almost 5 years ago that we've seriously considered it.

One concern that I have is that I don't know where I would have the baby. I don't want to do a UC, but there are no midwives in my town, and the idea of a hospital birth is a bit scary to me after having my second with a midwife in a freestanding birthing center. But I'm sure we'd find a way!

We've never done this before. We have 2 kids, but they just kind of surprised us. With a gap of almost 6 years between our current youngest and a new baby, is that too much? But I just feel this desire so strongly, to add another child to our family. Do you make a decision this big based off something like that?
Old 09-20-2008, 08:34 PM

mamaley-I think that a 6 year gap is just fine-when I was pg with my DD my SIL was pg with her 4th(he was an oops) their youngest was 5 1/2, but their family seems so good and happy with him, plus they have so much help with him. I think that it's just fine-your older kids will help you out with the baby, at least that's what happens with their family. Their oldest is 14, youngest 2 years...I think that their family is perfect that way.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:27 PM

Hey everyone! I think I'll be joining this thread 'cause I'm definitely in the wanting and waiting phase of my life. My husband and I have been married over two years, but we're waiting until we're more financially stable. We're hoping to start trying at the end of 2009, early 2010. Until that time I'm practising yoga positions as outline in "Active Birth" by Janet Balaskas, reading a lot of natural parenting books (Dr Sears, Ina May Gaskin, etc), swimming, and using my Ben Wa balls as much as possible!

We're currently discussing how many little ones we want... I came from a family of two kids (my brother and I) who are ten and a half years apart. I desperately want more than two, and my husband is set on just two. He's very socially aware, and believes in being socially responsible, therefore believes that having more children is just going to perpetuate our problem of overpopulation and lack of sustainable growth. I guess we'll see how all that goes, eh.

Anyways, it's great to meet you all, and I look forward to reading about everyone else who wants, but has to or has chosen to wait!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post
mamaley-I think that a 6 year gap is just fine-when I was pg with my DD my SIL was pg with her 4th(he was an oops) their youngest was 5 1/2, but their family seems so good and happy with him, plus they have so much help with him. I think that it's just fine-your older kids will help you out with the baby, at least that's what happens with their family. Their oldest is 14, youngest 2 years...I think that their family is perfect that way.
Thanks for the input! I like personal stories.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:15 PM

I'm in the wanting but waiting group. The original plan was that we would be starting to TTC this month (this was decided last October).. So I've been waiting and waiting, and now it looks like we're going to be putting it off for another year. I'm trying to get back into the work force and our finances are enough of a mess that paying for 2 in daycare would really hurt us.

Some days I'm perfectly okay with having to wait and other days I just want to sit and cry. I really wanted our children to be closer together (most likely they'll be about 4.5 years apart) and I've been craving a new baby for months... And everyone else is either pregnant or just had a new baby, or it seems like that to me.

wife of 8 years to DH geek.gif, mama to DD blahblah.gif (2006) & DS jog.gif (2011) angel1.gif (Dec. 2012) rainbow1284.gif due Nov. 2013 

vbac.gifh20homebirth.gif cd.gif homeschool.gif

Old 09-20-2008, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyterae View Post
I'm in the wanting but waiting group. The original plan was that we would be starting to TTC this month (this was decided last October).. So I've been waiting and waiting, and now it looks like we're going to be putting it off for another year. I'm trying to get back into the work force and our finances are enough of a mess that paying for 2 in daycare would really hurt us.

Some days I'm perfectly okay with having to wait and other days I just want to sit and cry. I really wanted our children to be closer together (most likely they'll be about 4.5 years apart) and I've been craving a new baby for months... And everyone else is either pregnant or just had a new baby, or it seems like that to me.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 AM

Oh wow this thread brings back memories! I suppose I'm back again.

We had another, and now we're thinking about #3. I'm feeling the need to start again soon, because of all the trouble we have conceiving (and keeping) babies. I don't want them too far apart. But my little girl is just a mere 6 months, and I don't want to miss this precious time, so we wait. Anxiously, impatiently. I just want "that" part of my life to be over, and I've never been a patient one. 9 months to one more year...I can do that, right?

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 09-22-2008, 02:56 AM

Really wanting but waiting till I finish school and buy a bigger home with DH. Feels sooo long from now!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I''l join also!!
I had a pap smear last week and when I got home James told me he secretly was hoping I would come home and say I was pregnant, he was sad that I wasn't!! YAY!! He hasn't given me any clue that he was ready for #3. I've been ready since DS was about a week old
Sooo... We have a spring and a fall baby, so I would like a winter or a summer baby, to spread the birthdays around the year. I know we can't plan it too precisely, but so far I am in no huge hurry. If we got pregnant now we would have a summer baby, but I think I'd like to give Asheby a little more time. He'll be 2.5 next summer and I really liked the 4.5 year gap between DD and him. If we wait until next May or June to TTc maybe we will get a summer baby in 2010, which would be prefect!
So, as of this moment we are waiting until 2009 to TTC. I can't wait to read through this entire thread!

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
and another A due July 2015!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:16 PM

I thought that we would be TTC this month according to our Big Plan, but instead my job sucks big time, and I don't want to be pregnant around these people. So our new Big Plan is for me to get a new job, and then 3 months after that TTC. So looking like sometime in 2009 for us. But, I am not ruling out the oops factor at all. And I have major EWM today. But DH is very good at not oopsing.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:03 PM

Well, I'm bidding farewell to the wanting but waiting tribe.

We are officially TTC. I'm scared but excited.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:07 AM

good luck mommy2liz! I'll be joining you over there sooner than later.

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

Old 09-27-2008, 11:59 AM

Congrats and good luck Mommy2Liz!

Well, DH and I got in a convo about names and we seem to agree pretty well this time around. Of course we aren't even expecting yet, so who knows if that will change. LOL

I just wanted to share our names somewhere and this seemed like a good place.

Boy- William Edward or William Henry
William is a name from both sides (all over the place LOL) and I'm dead set on it. DH would like to also consider other names, but loves this one too.
Edward and Henry are both middle names of Dh's grandpas.

Girl- Eleaner Rose
Eleaner was my grandma's name (mom's mom). Yes, she spelled it that way.
Rose is my other grandma's middle name.
DH suggested this one after I mentioned liking Rose as a middle name. Isn't he sweet!

Thanks for letting me share! I've got baby fever really bad right now and it's killing me to not talk to everyone about it. lol

Leigh

User Tag List