Wanting but Waiting tribe - Page 18 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#511 of 520 Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kama82:

My best friend weighed over 225lbs (possibly over 250) when she got pregnant with her second child. She had a perfectly healthy pregnancy, and actually lost a little weight in the first trimester because of eating healthier!

I know that's anecdata, but large pregnancies don't have to be unhealthy ones.

------------------

So, I'm irritated with my doctor right now. She set back my ttc by a month.

We have to get me off the medications I'm on now before we even think of taking out the IUD. One of the meds is a teratogen, and the others are just bad for fetuses, including a strong narcotic. So the plan is tapering them off slowly over the course of several months, but this month she wrote my prescription for the same dose as last month (it's time-release, so I can't cut it up). DH picked it up and filled it, so I didn't notice until after it was filled, which was too late!

Sigh. I want a baby NOW, darnit!!! And this also means we have to wait til June. Even though we'll probably be ready in March, we have so many December birthdays in our family, and December birthdays suck, I told dh that the womb is closed March through May, so as not to risk another December baby! Now, if we start ttc in June 2009, and we haved conceived by March 2010, I think I'll feel differently. But if conceiving is easy, no more december babies!!!

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#512 of 520 Old 12-31-2008, 03:49 PM

I have endometriosis. I had a doctor appt yesterday and my doc scheduled a laparoscopy for later this month. He asked if I wanted any more kids and of course I said 'yes, one more.' he said the best thing I can possibly do for my body right now is to get pregnant. Woo! So, tentative plan right now is to have the surgery and start trying again in Feb or March!
#513 of 520 Old 01-04-2009, 01:44 AM

Just had/still having a loss, and I would be trying again as soon as possible, but I am a prime candidate for PPD and I think having a baby in fall or winter would really increase my risk. Plus our financial situation and my health could be better. So, I will be wanting and waiting too. Probably we will try again this summer - to try for a spring 2010 baby.
#514 of 520 Old 01-04-2009, 05:55 PM

i am jumping in here, but i am not sure if this is where i belong.

for the last few months i have been trying to convince myself that i want to wait to ttc. however, i am now realizing that i am only giving into my husband's desires. i have endometriosis (for 10 years) and i am almost 27, we have good jobs, no debt except for our mortgage, i have great maternity leave. so what are we waiting for?! DH won't say when he wants to try he just keeps saying he wants to wait. i feel like he is witholding from me and each time he won't tell me when we can start ttc i feel like i want to just leave him!

we are using withdrawal and he wears a condom around my fertile times.

thanks for letting me share.
#515 of 520 Old 01-04-2009, 08:32 PM

I really should join this thread! Does anyone here dream every day and hope every month like me??? Geeeze!! I'm going crazy here! I am wanting and waiting until who know's when tho!!?? I am so ready but DH is not so I am trying to just chill until he is ready I guess. The thing is he wont even really talk to me about when he can start TTC. He just tells me there is a "time" to have another baby and right now isn't it. Grrr..so I'm trying to bite my tounge and pray that things will turn out how they are suppose to. I'm working outside of the home so that keeps me busy but oh how my arms ache for another baby.Our dd is 2 1/2 yrs old and I feel like I've been waiting for a long time to add to our family.But I guess not. I'm also saving like a mad woman so that I can stay home when the 2nd is born while I figure out a way to earn an income while staying home with the kids. So far I have $1500 saved..I got a ways to go!!

Glad to meet you lady's!! Oh, we are using pull-out and DH is very controled so I don't think there's a chance for an "oops".

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#516 of 520 Old 01-04-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtrn View Post
i feel like he is witholding from me and each time he won't tell me when we can start ttc i feel like i want to just leave him!
Ooooh how I sooooo know that feeling..: I just don't understand my man. uuuuugh!!!

Melissa loving my DH and DD(4yr)hearts.gif Most likely in my garden. Two angel.gif that I'll remember forever. My baby is here!!! Ethan Matthew came at 42 weeks on 5/19/10 9.10 lbs hbac.gif
#517 of 520 Old 01-05-2009, 03:13 AM

Gosh, i can think of so many reasons not to get pregnant right now, and the same with DH.

*I just had a baby 3 months ago
*My body is so not ready for another one
*The last pregnancy was tough on my back (even though I'm fine now with chiropractic care)
*The thought of going through that "newborn" phase again terrifies me... i'd so prefer to skip the first month or two.... lol.
*Handling one kid right now is a handful, two sounds overwhelming
*DH deploys in summer of 2010, and i'd be stuck home alone with two very young kids

I can only think of a few reasons i'd like to be pregnant now

*I'm anxious to try for my "boy"
*I want DH to be home for the whole pregnancy and birth this time, plus be around for the early newborn stages so that i'll get all the help I need

I have no idea why I even have an interest in being pregnant again. Maybe it's cus my best friend is pregnant with a little boy right now, and i'm jealous. lol.

Rachel lady.gif, in love with my baby girl Abigailenergy.gifborn 9/17/08!
#518 of 520 Old 01-05-2009, 03:59 AM

I'm doing a little better about waiting now that it's 2009. Ttc doesn't seem as far off now. My goal is to start to ttc in May or June. I can wait 5 months, right? I better work on my patience

jog.gifkid.gif

#519 of 520 Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So... DH and I had a 'real' discussion on the weekend... because I want a baby and he knows it! But he doesn't want more kids. He has a daughter from a previous marriage, I have no kids of my own (ended up on MDC because of the blended families section but wow have i ever learned a lot!)

Well, to make a long story short - DH says that, while he doesn't want to keep me from having a child, he doesn't want to be part of it. And that he's accepted the idea of divorce over it. Yep, he said the D word.

I said that I would have to make up my mind and come back to the topic in 6 months. I still hope I can talk him into it but... damn. It doesn't sound like it's going to work

The biggest hurdle is that his relationship with his ex was destroyed by her pregnancy... she 'forgot' to tell him she stopped taking the pill, and got pregnant. He never trusted her again and still has a huge amount of anger about it... 10 years later! He loves his daughter dearly though, of course.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#520 of 520 Old 01-06-2009, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
New thread for a new year here. Come join us!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page