Wanting but Waiting tribe - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 520 Old 06-26-2008, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
I dont think thats what she was saying. ... I dont think she will have a 'difficult' child...but its more along the lines of saying ...everyone in my family is blonde and everyone in my DHs family is blonde so chances are, every child we have will be blonde...the freak occurance of a red head might be possible, but I wont expect it.
I felt the need to reply to this because everyone in both our sides of the family are 'highly sensitive'...this makes us mellow most of the time...I know I wont get a highly sprited child (which for me would be hard being HS myself) - this isnt because my DS is mellow...I know this because of just how things work. Both DH and I were born tongue tied...so was my son...I know my next child will be as well because of this...its all just sort of along those lines if anything I am saying is making sense! lol....
I think thats what she was trying to say?
yeah that. not to say that it can't happen (i mean i could have a kid with 3 arms and 1 leg!). plus learning about your baby starts from the womb. being thrown into the "mom" position for ANY person is hard especially when you don't have your own insticts that were kick started. i think the reality of the show is more like "could a teen ADOPT a baby and survive" not actually have one.
#182 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
this is my list, and surprisingly DP has only laughed out loud at a couple of them:

Girls:

Carys, Maeve, Maya, Everleigh, Aeryn aka Erin, Tegan or Teagan, Hayden, Maisie, Zoe, Morrigan, Avalon

Middle Names:

Seren, Soleil, Nova, Sora or Zora, Sol, Anaya, Áine (aahn-yeh) aka Anya, Aurora, Sonnet, Reverie, Akasha, Calypso, Grace

Boys:

Keiran, Braeden, Collin, Rhys or Reece, Tristan, Keegan, Lachlan, Finley, Teiran, Lucca

Middle Names:

Arthur (family name), Xavier, Christopher or Kristopher (family name), Rhain, Zion

Well I obviously love Everleigh as that my dd's name and if we ever have another dd she will be Delaney Olivia Claire or Carys Isla Faith so I obviously love Carys too.
#183 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontessoriMaven View Post
I belong here.

We are waiting to TTC #1 in Spring 09. I've got the baby bug bad but my husband is firm on the timeline.

I'm new, could someone give me the lowdown on the abbreviations...
check out this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaidenevieemmy View Post
Well I obviously love Everleigh as that my dd's name and if we ever have another dd she will be Delaney Olivia Claire or Carys Isla Faith so I obviously love Carys too.
yay for gaelic and celtic names. my favourite!
#184 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 02:50 PM

well one of my friends has FINALLY decided that they are going for #3 as well. they've been on the fence for quite some time but their last baby is only 13ish months so they are ahead of me! lol. she thinks they are going to start trying in august...so still ahead of me...i am jealous! only 4+ months to go...only 4 months....!
#185 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Ive got my chart up in my sig now...I think lol

yep! hehe - just checked

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#186 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 07:53 PM

well, we aren't really waiting anymore...! but we aren't actively TTC either. but we stopped using barrier methods...dp is still *ahem* pulling out but that's pretty much how ds1 came to us. so yeah...i posted a while back that i was waiting until feb. (my 30th birthday) to TTC, but now it looks like it's up to the luck of the draw. if we manage to not get pregnant by then, i will be actively TTC then.
#187 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellymama View Post
, but now it looks like it's up to the luck of the draw.
no pun intended, right?

How fun!
#188 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmommy View Post
no pun intended, right?
:

#189 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 08:26 PM

i almost bought the cutest baby outfit today...i'm seriously in trouble.
#190 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 10:30 PM

I'm wanting but waiting till DS turns 3-5 years old. He'll turn 1 on July 2nd so have a ways to go yet.
#191 of 520 Old 06-27-2008, 11:24 PM

I am O-ing, and having a seriously hard time not wanting to TTC! I REALLY have to wait until Aug though..!!! (for school)

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#192 of 520 Old 06-28-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmommy View Post
no pun intended, right?

How fun!
bwahahahaa!
#193 of 520 Old 06-28-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I am O-ing, and having a seriously hard time not wanting to TTC! I REALLY have to wait until Aug though..!!! (for school)
august is so close! that's exciting.
#194 of 520 Old 06-28-2008, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Im ovulating as well - so I know the feeling!...It looks like our cycles are similar (in that they are nearly as long with us ovulating nearly around the same time...give or take a few days!...my cycles are a few days longer with me ovulating a few days longer!)...And we are TTC in August as well!!!... Perhaps we can both get lucky together! hehe... Technically ill be starting to TTC very end of July as I ovulate (according to my chart, and it hasnt been wrong yet!) - 2-5th of August! ... So not long! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#195 of 520 Old 06-28-2008, 07:37 AM

Goodluck to the ovulators!!

I'm sorry if I offended with my comment earlier, I just thought it might be a little naive to think that you know how your baby will turn out. Theres always a mysterious redhead!! I have one in my family! He is fiery red and high needs nothing like his parents (or grandparents!). Just saying.......

Oh, this TTC thing is tearing me up. I want to just throw caution to the wind in August. I think its a sign because when I check my cycle page (which projects my future ovulation dates) I ovulate twice in August, on the 3rd (which is DH's birthday!) and like the 29! And August will most likely bring me my May babe. I really think that maybe I can convince hubby to try this August and if it doesn't happen then its our answer that we will try next August.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#196 of 520 Old 06-28-2008, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Goodluck to the ovulators!!

I'm sorry if I offended with my comment earlier, I just thought it might be a little naive to think that you know how your baby will turn out. Theres always a mysterious redhead!! I have one in my family! He is fiery red and high needs nothing like his parents (or grandparents!). Just saying.......

Oh, this TTC thing is tearing me up. I want to just throw caution to the wind in August. I think its a sign because when I check my cycle page (which projects my future ovulation dates) I ovulate twice in August, on the 3rd (which is DH's birthday!) and like the 29! And August will most likely bring me my May babe. I really think that maybe I can convince hubby to try this August and if it doesn't happen then its our answer that we will try next August.

...im trying for a May baby too!...Actually, im shooting for a Taurus. If I fall pregnant first time around (fingers crossed lol - DS was concieved in one night )...Then the baby will be Due right at the end of April - Taurus is 20th April - 20th May.

...maybe you will be joining us! hehe

#197 of 520 Old 06-28-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley
...im trying for a May baby too!...Actually, im shooting for a Taurus. If I fall pregnant first time around (fingers crossed lol - DS was concieved in one night )...Then the baby will be Due right at the end of April - Taurus is 20th April - 20th May.
I had a May baby with dd. DH is a Taurus, I am a Gemini. The whole preg. we went back and forth over what sign she'd be born in. She ended up showing up on the cusp of Taurus and Gemini on a full moon. She didn't want to pick sides. And, her name (Luna) was already picked out when she was born on that full moon!

As for TTC, were planning on Jan 09. That should give us a Sept. babe. I want to be preg. in summer so I can show off my mamabelly. And dd will be 4, so that makes me feel good about it.

That gives us 6 months. Thats six long months for me to obsess and do even more reading of pregnancy/birth books than I have already in the last 3 years...
#198 of 520 Old 06-28-2008, 03:47 PM

I thought I'd join you guys for a bit.

About me - DH and I were going to start TTC in May. He mentioned it to his family they got into a big fight and he got cold feet. After much discussion and reassurance we finally decided on July. I stepped on a knife last week and needed a tetnus shot. Due to that we have put it off until august (I'm not comfortable TTC 2 weeks after a vaccination.)

Lizzy Q and Ann of Loxley I see we will be TTC together. I should O around the 7-9 of August.

DS 4/11

#199 of 520 Old 06-28-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
Im ovulating as well - so I know the feeling!...It looks like our cycles are similar (in that they are nearly as long with us ovulating nearly around the same time...give or take a few days!...my cycles are a few days longer with me ovulating a few days longer!)...And we are TTC in August as well!!!... Perhaps we can both get lucky together! hehe... Technically ill be starting to TTC very end of July as I ovulate (according to my chart, and it hasnt been wrong yet!) - 2-5th of August! ... So not long! hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post
I thought I'd join you guys for a bit.

About me - DH and I were going to start TTC in May. He mentioned it to his family they got into a big fight and he got cold feet. After much discussion and reassurance we finally decided on July. I stepped on a knife last week and needed a tetnus shot. Due to that we have put it off until august (I'm not comfortable TTC 2 weeks after a vaccination.)

Lizzy Q and Ann of Loxley I see we will be TTC together. I should O around the 7-9 of August.

Yay!!!

Unless I have a really long cycle in July (35+ days) I won't O in Aug until the end of the month.. but it is totally possible that I might near the beginning!

#200 of 520 Old 06-29-2008, 03:18 AM

I am here too.

I will be TTC in August and if that doesn't happen then it will be a couple of months after that. I should go and get a themometer for temping....
#201 of 520 Old 06-29-2008, 09:54 AM

I hope I am joining you, Ann. Oh and I am a Taurus my b-day April 20th!! So I am partial to tauruses

Oh and what a crappy reason to get pregnant, but we are camping in the middle of August and I sure would love to not have my period for that!!

#202 of 520 Old 06-30-2008, 12:11 PM

Hello ladies... I'm back, posted in early May. May/June were easy months on the 'baby wanting' front. But now I'm starting to get baby lust again. Husband has been very, very understanding.

Our (male) friend from college just had his first kiddo two weeks ago. This guy is great, love him to death, but he's probably already dropped the baby on his head at least twice. I work with kids and have people telling me all the time "You are so good with them, when are you going to have your own?" Why is it that people who should never, ever reproduce (not implying that our friend shouldn't... other people) have the kids and not me? Grrr... Definite jealousy there.

I get the feeling that the baby lust comes every month as I move towards my week of no BC. Must be the hormones. Anyway, I'm glad to be popping back in here with you. Plus I've got to get my count up for the Trading Post so one day I can start my baby stash, right?

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#203 of 520 Old 06-30-2008, 01:59 PM

We are in an in-between kind of place right now. DH makes comments like "I wouldn't be upset if we got pg now, just a bit freaked out at first", etc. It confuses me! And he no longer asks if I used the spermicide stuff like he used to...and sometimes we bd when he KNOWS I haven't used it! Gah!

#204 of 520 Old 06-30-2008, 03:48 PM

My dh is confusing too CaliMommie! He likes the 'danger' of not using the withdrawal method (which is our only method) and kind of kids around about wanting me to be pregnant again but when I try to have a serious conversation about it he clams up and doesn't want to discuss the possibilities.

It was sort of like that with ds too. He knew I had been charting and pining for a baby but I was surprised when he 'made the deposit' and knew I could get pregnant. I guess men can't just say HEY lets make a baby! Or can they? Anyone have a dh like that?

#205 of 520 Old 06-30-2008, 06:34 PM

DH finally officially agreed to TTC in a couple months! I told him I'd quit smoking : if we could have another baby (which I was already planning on doing by the end of the summer because I want to TTC anyway)

:

#206 of 520 Old 07-01-2008, 12:33 AM

Lizzy Q Congratulations. I remember how excited I was when DH said we could TTC.

DS 4/11

#207 of 520 Old 07-01-2008, 04:24 PM

recently revisited a fave website that i rarely take time for. here is a short article i thought you might appreciate:
http://www.mamazine.com/Pages/feature116.html

and add my dp to the list of confusing ones. we go from "i can't take a day off, i'm too stressed about money" to "of course we can have a baby whenever you want." as if i won't be asking for help in the form of sanity-saving breaks to bathe? as if i can do it alone, and it will cost no $?

mama to one amazing daughter born 1/2004
#208 of 520 Old 07-01-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
DH finally officially agreed to TTC in a couple months! I told him I'd quit smoking : if we could have another baby (which I was already planning on doing by the end of the summer because I want to TTC anyway)

:
Yay! :

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#209 of 520 Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 PM

just checking in...

My baby fever has been on overload the last few days...not sure why or what triggered it, per se. Maybe its cause officially next month is our anny and its officially starts the 1 year countdown to TTCing. Who knows, all I know is I been stuck on youtube.com watching folks change their babies' cloth diapers, lol.

How is everyone doing? Did you have a good holiday weekend?

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#210 of 520 Old 07-06-2008, 11:35 PM

had a 4th party last night and one couple came over with their 8 week old! shes a LOT smaller than my babes ever were and was just like a brand new newborn. got to hold her for a while and just be around her. it was so great! dh gave me "the look" though like i am crazy...oh well!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page