Wanting but Waiting tribe - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 520 Old 04-30-2008, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Come join the group!

To all wanting and waiting for one reason or another...
We are all here in the same boat!...
So come have a chat - there will be an understanding ear to hear!

__________________________________________________ ____

Because this thread has gotten so long - I thought I would group us all up!!!...Dont look if the counting down makes you go insane! hehe (oh but how we all know that feeling!!!) ...But perhaps you can find yourself a 'waiting buddy!'??? - Also, the TTC threads do this too so I am not about to have any of us feeling left out! hehe I do not check this thread as often as I used to - so please feel free to PM if you would like to be added to the list! Also PM if there are any changes (including actively TTC and if you finally got your BFP so I can remove you from the list! (thanks! )

Waiting to TTC Later this year in 2008!:

Sometime this year:
BambooMama
Cameleon 1701
jenisttc08
nursemummy
zejhjenisttc08

Wanting but waiting until 2009!:

CaliMommie
bellymama (if she can wait this long! hehe)
bodhicitta2 (or TTC August this year?)
Brown Lioness
jeninejessica
kalishea (TTC May)
Kama82
knittinganny
LittleBirdy
lunasmommy
MEcatlady17
Mommy2Liz
Monarchgrrl
MontessoriMaven
Neuromancer
viginia884

Wanting but Waiting until 2010!:

Happiestever
Mrsboyko
nicolelynn
Sihaya
wannaBmom_NICU_RN

Just Wanting but waiting (a little bit longer?)...

ananas
angelxxrose
anjelika
BeanSprout Mama
Betnybaby
doulajewla
granola_mom
Hellga
HisBeautifulWife
Lauren31
JennTheMomma
jaxxy
JoDee
Juvysen
kangamitroo
Kapatasana
~lioneyes~
magstphil
MelW
naturallyspeaking
newmommy27
Onemagicmummy
Oriole
ranereynaiden'smom
reina28
shanna-cat
Sopho
southernmommie
young_mama08

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#2 of 520 Old 04-30-2008, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I've been stalking you lately. I'm waiting until after DD2 turns 2y in Oct to start TTC. I just got AF back so I will spend the next 6 months charting and figuring out what my cycle is like. DD2 took a year to conceive so I'm actually glad to have a bit of time to prepare before the actual TTC takes place.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#3 of 520 Old 04-30-2008, 08:51 PM

Wanting but waiting and charting until I see what my cycle is like after coming off the pill for 12 years.

7/2008 & 05/2010
#4 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 01:24 AM

Def. wanting, but waiting at least 3 more years.
#5 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Yep - I am charting as well!!!...Good old fertility friend! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#6 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Definitely wanting, but waiting until next year. I work with first time parents so I see newborns on a regular basis which really gives me 'baby pains'...but I know that waiting is best for our financial state (until I have the option of not going back to work full time and finish our house ...construction + new baby not a great idea...). Sometimes it is hard to see everyone around me being pregnant, especially now that I am at the age where all my friends are having their 1st...I've been to 6 baby showers since March and have at least 2 more to go ... I've never felt more 'not' pregnant in my life! But it isn't always a bad thing...I do enjoy my uninterupted sleep

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#7 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 01:16 PM

My fiance and I have been waiting, sort of, but we're getting closer to the point where an "oops" wouldn't be a problem for us...

Emily
Married 7/26/2008 -:- Remembering Joseph *10/9/2009* and two other losses since 9/08 -:- Expectingenergy.gif mid-September.

#8 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 01:47 PM

Where were you ladies a few months ago! I've been wanting and waiting since December. I finally went off of my BC Pills in mid March and we're starting to try this month to concieve. I just wanted to give you guys my support. It's hard and it's definately harder when you start getting that baby bug but know that you still need to wait just a little bit longer when it gets down to it.
#9 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 01:53 PM

Desperately wanting another child, but waiting for at least 3 years for health and financial reasons...

Glad to have the company!
#10 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 02:38 PM

Wanting and waiting here...It sounds a bit crazy as my littlest one is just 12 weeks old but I certainly want another wee one...we also have a 3 year old...

I know we have another soul waiting for us...he seems impatient as I already have the baby bug and I obviously have a wee one of my own...I had a reading last week and the physic got strongly that our next baby will be conceived in the fall...my goodness that would be some close babies (18 months apart)

My hope is to nurse Abbie till she is 3 so I am hoping to not get pregnant till then but...if we are sent the next baby sooner I am sure all will be in perfect order
#11 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 07:02 PM

I'm wanting and have a hard time waiting!

We're waiting till August, which is the recommended 18 months after delivering a preemie. I had a period in March. And none in April. And I'm using b/c no one seems to know anything about. So we'll see how that goes. I almost want to take it out now just to see if I'll get a regular period and start charting and all that. It might make the wait more barable. I don't know.

Bri: mom to K: and M: at 27 weeks and 33 weeks :
#12 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 08:22 PM

Wanting but waiting here too... It'll probably be a year plus.... I'm not happy.
DH won't even let me get a puppy

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#13 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 09:22 PM

Majorly wanting and waiting here! (Well, majorly wanting)

DH says 2009 will be our year, but he's gone back on his word (early 2008, July 2008, end of 2008) before. That's fine. I think all along I was just rushing him. The end of 2009 will be our time.

So, do you ladies think that being on MDC while wanting and waiting is a bad idea (those of us that have no kids yet)? I sort of feel like the time would go faster if I weren't surrounded by baby thoughts! What do you think??

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#14 of 520 Old 05-01-2008, 09:49 PM

I feel like for now... it keeps me sane. If I'm having major baby craving and moping around the house, then I'll come and research, and plan, and at least mope around people who understand what I'm going through.
Then again... I'm also coming from a job in a maternity shop, starting a career as a doula, and have two large rubbermaid totes in the basement filled with baby clothes already *whistles*

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#15 of 520 Old 05-02-2008, 01:19 AM

ya and i'm waiting till at least 2011/2012

i'm 22, don't want to be pg till at least 25 if not 26, and have some student loans to pay, traveling and a little more school to do before we TTC. *sigh*
#16 of 520 Old 05-02-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
I feel like for now... it keeps me sane. If I'm having major baby craving and moping around the house, then I'll come and research, and plan, and at least mope around people who understand what I'm going through.
Then again... I'm also coming from a job in a maternity shop, starting a career as a doula, and have two large rubbermaid totes in the basement filled with baby clothes already *whistles*
Ditto.

I have several totes of baby things people keep giving me with the "I'm sure you'll be next" or "so when will we be hearing the pitter patter of little feet at your place?" Ugh. It doesn't help that I work with infants and parents, and I have always loved children, so for people around me it just seems natural that I would start a family immediately after getting married....that was 4 years ago...

I also really want to learn more about FA so that when we do begin trying to conceive I have a better understanding of how my body works.

Mama to a beautiful baby girl born 01/21/2010
#17 of 520 Old 05-02-2008, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Wanting but waiting here too... It'll probably be a year plus.... I'm not happy.
DH won't even let me get a puppy

How about a cat?

DH got me a cat the past two years lol... He said not to three cats so I said 'okay, lets make it a baby instead' lol

#18 of 520 Old 05-02-2008, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Same here! - My twinkle in my eye already has a wardrobe lol...I had to tell my husband is helping me to pass the time. I dont think he understands though!

So glad I started this tribe! - Welcome everyone!...We can all help eachother stay sane! hehe

#19 of 520 Old 05-02-2008, 01:10 PM

I'm with you. I am wanting but waiting as well - at least three years until I finish school - possibly five years because we might choose to do some teaching in harsh conditions in the Alaska bush where a baby would definitely not be a good idea. And I am 28 so five years is a long time!!
#20 of 520 Old 05-02-2008, 03:32 PM

so i was just glancing over all the threads wondering if i should pose a thread question about the pros/cons of waiting to space out kiddos or having them close together and 'all done at once' - when i found this thread! tech we should wait (have two already almost 3 and 10 mos) but i am seriously having the baby craves!!! ds would probably skin me for even thinking about ttc #3 right now but i am just curious what keeps you all motivated to stick with your plan of waiting... i guess outright we could say that we (or I) am wanting but waiting but i feel like under the skin i am praying for a slip up....
any words of wisdom?

Mama to my three little loveys and living the good life in the beautiful Pacific North West 
#21 of 520 Old 05-02-2008, 04:53 PM

Count me in - wanting but waiting. I told DH last week I wanted to start trying after our birthdays this year (I'm Oct 29 and he's Nov 9). He'll turn 30 and I will be 26 (which is the age my mother and my sister both had their first). His response was, "Absolutley not. That's way too soon." Which is kind of what I expected. I only told him that because he said he wanted me to be honest

I think we'll probably start TTC in 2009. I am a little worried though. I really want a child, but I don't like the idea of daycare and I LOVE my job. I want to be a SAHM or WAHM (with my current job I could be a WAHM sometimes but not every day) and I really want to homeschool, so starting a family kind of means giving up my career as it currently exists. I struggle with that a lot - is anybody else in the same boat?

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

#22 of 520 Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 PM

I need to be in here, me thinks.

To answer the question about dealing with waiting,.... .i just am at ease in knowing that this time in my life is strictly for my growth and to prepare for motherhood in one way or the other. I take solace in knowing that when we are comfortable with trying that it will be the most rollercoaster experience of my life and i like rollercoasters! However, i also need the line to be on the long side to prepare my stomach for the topsy turvy-ness of the ride.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#23 of 520 Old 05-03-2008, 09:22 PM

Wanting badly and was going to have to wait for 3 years, now you can see from my siggy...only 1 year to go!

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#24 of 520 Old 05-04-2008, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Af #1 down - only 6 more flows to go! lmao

#25 of 520 Old 05-04-2008, 05:24 PM

I belong here.

I imagine myself with a belly, and in birth. I imagine myself cuddling with a baby. I can "taste" being mommy. I'll be really good at it, I promise! I have ton of patience and creativity and love to give. I've been in my DSD's life since she was 7, she is now 15 and is living with us. She is a great kid, and keeps us busy, but I have to admit, I'm ready for a little one... I know we'll need to wait for a few things to settle first, but I want it sooo badly...

Fess up... Do you snoop around DDCs reading other people's posts? Or am I the only freak?

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#26 of 520 Old 05-04-2008, 07:20 PM

Oh my gosh, LOL, I do that!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#27 of 520 Old 05-04-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriole View Post

Fess up... Do you snoop around DDCs reading other people's posts? Or am I the only freak?

OH yea, i lurk in the DDC's!! It's so much fun to imagine that you are where they are in pregnancy! Imagining and dreaming is all i can do right now, so yea, i love lurking in the DDC's and especially reading the birth stories.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#28 of 520 Old 05-05-2008, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
OH yea, i lurk in the DDC's!! It's so much fun to imagine that you are where they are in pregnancy! Imagining and dreaming is all i can do right now, so yea, i love lurking in the DDC's and especially reading the birth stories.

Same here! - but I have to watch what time of the month it is because sometimes whilst that gives me joy...it can also really depress me!!!

It doesnt help that 70% of the people I know at the moment are also pregnant!!!! ...They seem to be everywhere! lol

#29 of 520 Old 05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEcatlady17 View Post
I also really want to learn more about FA so that when we do begin trying to conceive I have a better understanding of how my body works.
What is FA?

Im a single mom of one, so I'll probably not be ttc until way after everyone else in this thread I have to find a good man first! And I definately want to know the man for a long while before we move in together and start thinking about a child, not something that should be rushed into - as I learnt last time!

I dont have major baby craves but I do find myself longing for another sometimes, what helps me get through that is reminding myself of the reality of a baby and child, they cost a lot of money, and the lack of sleep is awful. I can finally sleep again now dc is getting older
#30 of 520 Old 05-05-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBirdy View Post
I really want a child, but I don't like the idea of daycare and I LOVE my job. I want to be a SAHM or WAHM (with my current job I could be a WAHM sometimes but not every day) and I really want to homeschool, so starting a family kind of means giving up my career as it currently exists. I struggle with that a lot - is anybody else in the same boat?
that's the boat i very likely will be in when the time comes to TTC, which won't be for a few more years yet. DP and i were talking about this last night, SAH vs WAH vs SAH for at least the first year then work part time a couple of days a week. that is what we're aiming for, but only because DP works from home so baby wouldn't be in daycare at all. that would be a deal breaker for me, i'd SAH full time before i did daycare. i think 1-2 days a week of work would be really good for me for a variety of reasons, but not until i feel baby is ready for it. and pumping would have to go well because i'd SAH before i did formula.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page