Charting to avoid JUNE 2008 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2008, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpjkmomma View Post
Hello, everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to both the site and charting. I just started CTA at the beginning of this month. I'm really enjoying it so far. I feel like I'm finally in on a secret that I've been trying to figure out for years! LOL

I do have a couple of questions for you ladies though. I'm breastfeeding my 5 month old baby. I'm pretty sure that I'm not fertile. With my other children AF did arrive for at least 8 months, sometimes more (mother to 5 children here ). But I'm charting anyway to get the hang of it. Is it more important to temp at the same time everyday, or when you first wake up? With breastfeeding, she normally sleeps with us at least past a certain point at night, and she doesn't have a consistent sleep/wake pattern. She's normally up for good at around 5:30, so I was temping then, but then I have morning like today where she woke at 4:30 and kind of went back to sleep. Should I have temped then? My temp had risen by a bit by the time I took it at 5:30.

Also, did any of you start charting for the first time while BFing? I'm finding it a little confusing.

Thanks in advance!
I take my temp when I wake up. Some days it's 5:30am and some 7am. I read as long as it's within 3 hours of the day before and you were in a really deep sleep, you should be fine. If you look at my chart, you can see the ups and downs and some were taken a couple hours before or after the day before. For the situation you described, I would have temped at 4:30. I started temping before I was pregnant. It's a little easier to get once you have your cycles and temp at the same time everyday. This is my first month charting while bfing.

About dry days.....This cycle I didn't even get any I went from spotting to wet to EWCM today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone started out with really long cycles for a few months after their initial PPAF, and then had them get gradually shorter? My cycles typically run 35-37 days and have always been on the longer side, I always have a short LP. This month I ovulated almost 5 days sooner than normal so I'm wondering if my body is just trying to get back into a more normal cycle. I haven't had a normal cycle in the last 7 years so I really don't know what its like.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 06-24-2008, 12:48 PM

Taking bets on my chart!!! My DP and I had an "oops" two days before O. He did pull out but still.

Any takers. Take a look the link is in my siggy.

Denise
Old 06-24-2008, 05:09 PM

CD 16 here, i'm pretty sure i O'd on CD 14, we'll see tomorrow. EWCM started on day 10...i am not impressed.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutekid View Post
Taking bets on my chart!!! My DP and I had an "oops" two days before O. He did pull out but still.

Denise
:

Not sure if this is good or bad for you.....
Old 06-25-2008, 10:44 PM

Hey y'all...I have some questions...I'm on CD 48...which is 11 DPO...no AF...I have a 10 day luteal phase. I have tested yesterday and just now. Both negative. Any ideas? I'm having trouble finding info on what makes a luteal phase lengthen. We dtd O-3 and FF says "good" chance. I don't necessarily feel different but I don't feel like I'm getting AF either. Lots of mucus, a little tender (sometimes I think I get tender in the evenings due to wearing a bra). Anyway...

I'm okay either way, just don't like the unsure thing.

Jenne

joy.gifOur joy is born!  joy.gif
            02/11/2011   

Old 06-26-2008, 12:40 PM

My temp (I hadn't been able to for the past 2 days) this AM was 96.64 so I'm positive I'm not pregnant and hoping AF will show today. Any ideas on why my luteal phase is suddenly longer?

Jenne

02/11/2011   

Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
My temp (I hadn't been able to for the past 2 days) this AM was 96.64 so I'm positive I'm not pregnant and hoping AF will show today. Any ideas on why my luteal phase is suddenly longer?

Jenne
I can't offer an explanation, but I can tell you that this happens to me once or twice a year. My usual 16 day LP turns into 18. I freaked out the first time, but then this spring when it happened again I reminded myself that the same thing had happened before and there was AF at 18 DPO. I think mine is stress related- every spring I get super stressed with work and I notice my PMS symptoms worsen and my LP gets a bit wacky....
Old 06-26-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
question for everyone, is it ok if I go back and change the list to say cta SINCE month/year (or year) instead of having the actual # of months? that would make it easier for the next person to post the thread, since the month count would not need to be updated.
That's a good idea. Especially since our cycles are all over.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:39 PM

Does anyone here use the Lady Comp? I use mine along with charting CM and OPK's (I have a hard time charting temps with PCOS).

Well on Monday, I found DS flinging it around by the thermometer. I took it away and put it under my pillow where it normally is. So the past 3 days, it’s not working very. It keeps starting and stopping when temping and takes 2 min to get a final reading. I called them this morning and they said I have to order a new sensor. It’s $35 : The shipping is $15

I’m annoyed. That is my story today.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:06 PM

Finally! AF : So I'm CD1 again.

Jenne

02/11/2011   

Old 06-29-2008, 09:31 PM

so ff said i o'd on day 14, but i didn't completely believe it because my temps didn't jump all that much. so we dtd on day 17 with condoms, but the condom broke. good thing being that we noticed right away, so there were no swimmers that we know of. and i figured that since i was potentially post-o anyway, it would be ok. well now ff did what i was worried about, and changed my o date to day 17, which i think is more consistent with my temps. so we basically dtd on o day with no protection. or, protection equivalent to withdrawal only, since we noticed that the condom broke. i was completely dry the next day so that's good i guess. and dp is very good at withdrawal (we don't wait till anywhere near the last second), but still...

sigh.

this is not good at all.

i'm freaked, and i'm never having sex again.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:20 PM

Subbing really late in the game this month. I just got my first PP bleed. My babe is almost 13 months old. I got my first PP bleed after having ds2 at 6 months. Didn't have another until 11 months. I started temping then and, although I had regular bleeds, I didn't ovulate until about 15 months PP. I charted for years on FF for ttc. This will be my first time charting to avoid since we are done having children. I'm still breastfeeding around the clock so I'm not temping strictly right now. I don't usually get 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Just trying to make sense of my fertile signs. I usually have very long, irregular cycles with more than one patch of fertile CM and was diagnosed with PCOS in 2003. So, I'll be reading to learn from the rest of you.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Subbing really late in the game this month. I just got my first PP bleed. My babe is almost 13 months old. I got my first PP bleed after having ds2 at 6 months. Didn't have another until 11 months. I started temping then and, although I had regular bleeds, I didn't ovulate until about 15 months PP. I charted for years on FF for ttc. This will be my first time charting to avoid since we are done having children. I'm still breastfeeding around the clock so I'm not temping strictly right now. I don't usually get 3 hours of consecutive sleep. Just trying to make sense of my fertile signs. I usually have very long, irregular cycles with more than one patch of fertile CM and was diagnosed with PCOS in 2003. So, I'll be reading to learn from the rest of you.
We are very similar with the PCOS and long irregular cycles. I can go through 3-4 patches of EWCM and no O. I pretty much O every cycle though even if it's CD 50. I am breastfeeding too and don't get the 3 hours in. I just temp whenever I feel like I woke from a deep sleep and DS wants to nurse. Sometimes it's 5:30, 6:30 or 7. or anywhere in between. My chart looks pretty typical for me this cycle (this is my first cycle pp). The thing that sucks with CTA with PCOS is you can only get 5-7 days of unprotected sex in a possible 50 day cycle! I get frustrated with it but really don't trust IUD's and I will never do the pill again. Good luck with your charting and I hope you start ovulating on a regular basis.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Denise
AF is here. Thank GOD!!!
I called my DP into the bathroom. He's like what...I was like a middle school girl waiting for womanhood...I GOT MY PERIOD!! His response "stop being weird" lol I hope to chart a full cycle this cycle and not get freaked out by it. I really didn't want to find out I was pregnant on my chart LOL.

I am wondering who here is camping this summer. We plan on going camping just about every weekend this summer. We live in the mountains of NC so the setting and cost is perfect. I have noticed that my temps seem to be really low while camping. Does this seem right.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:14 AM

Does anyone have any insight into my chart? I"m all over the map! Last week DS was sick and I got almost no sleep for four days running (I'm guessing 10 hours sleep over four days). Maybe my body has pushed off ovulation?

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
The thing that sucks with CTA with PCOS is you can only get 5-7 days of unprotected sex in a possible 50 day cycle! I get frustrated with it but really don't trust IUD's and I will never do the pill again.
I know the frustration of long cycles from charting to conceive. If it's so frustrating finding those very few days for unprotected sex, maybe it's not worth it to chart once I confirm I'm ovulating. Just using condoms all the time might be less frustrating. I don't know.

I'm not going to comment on anyone else's chart for a while since I've always been in the ttc mindframe. It's hard to look at a chart from the opposite end, especially when CTA has to be more precise.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
Does anyone here use the Lady Comp? I use mine along with charting CM and OPK's (I have a hard time charting temps with PCOS).

Well on Monday, I found DS flinging it around by the thermometer. I took it away and put it under my pillow where it normally is. So the past 3 days, it’s not working very. It keeps starting and stopping when temping and takes 2 min to get a final reading. I called them this morning and they said I have to order a new sensor. It’s $35 : The shipping is $15
That's a pain, kids! Gah! My DD loves grabbing the thermometer. At least she's usually asleep when I temp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
I think I am firmly having an anovulatory cycle again this month. Sigh. I'm glad that my one ovulatory cycle though was the first one, it gave me hope and a reason to keep CTA. Anyway...CD 34ish and no end in sight.
What does an anovulatory cycle look like?

I can't find the calender I've been recording on, just got most this month up to date on FF, but my temps have been fairly consistent 97.5-97.7 except for one 99.1 the day after I had EWCM. But then the temps dropped. I want to find my silly calendar and get everything recorded over on FF, and then I'll link it. But from my description, what do you all think? Oh yeah, and I haven't really felt 'dry' at all and yesterday, I had something that looked and felt slightly like EWCM, just not super stretchy. And when I do have EWCM, it's been one day, and usually just once a day. Is that normal?

Old 06-30-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
What does an anovulatory cycle look like?
You can only recognize an anovulatory cycle in hindsight and can only know for sure if you have good temps the entire cycle. It's when you get AF without a thermal shift.

Quote:
my temps have been fairly consistent 97.5-97.7 except for one 99.1 the day after I had EWCM. But then the temps dropped...But from my description, what do you all think? Oh yeah, and I haven't really felt 'dry' at all and yesterday, I had something that looked and felt slightly like EWCM, just not super stretchy. And when I do have EWCM, it's been one day, and usually just once a day. Is that normal?
Sounds to me like your body is trying to ovulate, getting an estrogen surge, but it's just not quite happening. That's what happens to me a lot because of the PCOS. If you have not had a clear and confirmed thermal shift, you need to consider yourself possibly fertile still, imo.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:30 PM

Thanks for the input. Hmm, still fertile, well, um, eeek! I've been really bad about temping since March, and have just been depending on CM, and after that high temp, uh, quit using protection. I knew I should have remembered to get TCOYF from the library.

I wonder. . . would being underweight cause that? I'm rather small and was on an ED for thrush and dropped to pre-college weight. I've had several AFs, well actually, I wish I'd been temping longer, last fall I'd have a 4-week cycle then seven week. It was strange, I chalked it up to the diet, but I've been off and eating normally since Thanksgiving.

At least we wouldn't mind if we did have an oops, but I don't want to wean prematurely(before 2 yo). And night-nursing two scares me.

Quote:
You can only recognize an anovulatory cycle in hindsight and can only know for sure if you have good temps the entire cycle. It's when you get AF without a thermal shift.

Sounds to me like your body is trying to ovulate, getting an estrogen surge, but it's just not quite happening. That's what happens to me a lot because of the PCOS. If you have not had a clear and confirmed thermal shift, you need to consider yourself possibly fertile still, imo.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
I am wondering who here is camping this summer. We plan on going camping just about every weekend this summer. We live in the mountains of NC so the setting and cost is perfect. I have noticed that my temps seem to be really low while camping. Does this seem right.
if you're in a tent you might be colder than when you're at home and therefore your temps are lower.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the input. Hmm, still fertile, well, um, eeek! I've been really bad about temping since March, and have just been depending on CM, and after that high temp, uh, quit using protection. I knew I should have remembered to get TCOYF from the library.
You need at least 3 consecutive temps above your coverline to confirm ovulation. If you don't have those, you can't be sure.

I tried to put that chart picture with a link in my sig but it didn't work. I couldn't get the extra smilies window to come up. Strange because I had just used it in a previous post. Can anyone give me tips on how to do that?

Can I ask a rather graphic CM question? I've been charting for years but cm always confuses me.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
You need at least 3 consecutive temps above your coverline to confirm ovulation. If you don't have those, you can't be sure.

I tried to put that chart picture with a link in my sig but it didn't work. I couldn't get the extra smilies window to come up. Strange because I had just used it in a previous post. Can anyone give me tips on how to do that?

Can I ask a rather graphic CM question? I've been charting for years but cm always confuses me.
What's the question?

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:08 PM

I think I figured it out but I'll ask anyway because I'm not sure. If cm is slippery and shiny and streaked with white but not stretchy, is that still ew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne
I wonder. . . would being underweight cause that? I'm rather small and was on an ED for thrush and dropped to pre-college weight. I've had several AFs, well actually, I wish I'd been temping longer, last fall I'd have a 4-week cycle then seven week. It was strange, I chalked it up to the diet, but I've been off and eating normally since Thanksgiving.
Bodyfat that is too low can stop ovulation. The ideal percentage of bodyfat for women for fertility is at least 20% and I think maybe to 22 or 23% (not sure about the upper end). When I was ttc #2 I had to gain some weight because my bodyfat was too low.

BTW, I wanted to get clarification about your question about the one high temp. You said your temps after that dropped but you didn't say how far they dropped. I assumed you meant back down to the 97.5-97.7 range. If they stayed above 97.7, though, you may have ovulated.

Has anyone started a July thread?

Old 07-03-2008, 12:00 AM

slippery, clear and shiny is EWCM even if it's streaked white.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:17 PM

Thanks, Canid. The not stretchy part was what was confusing me (along with the fact that it was so early in my cycle). I looked it up in my book, though, and it does say slippery and shiny but not stretchy is still ewcm. I can't believe I missed that in all my years of referencing my book. It's falling apart because I look things up in it so much.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:15 PM

Hey everyone. I just started a new July thread. Come join me.

July Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Hey everyone. I just started a new July thread. Come join me.

June Thread
I think you mean July!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

Old 07-05-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
I think you mean July!

User Tag List