Anyone else feel phantom baby movements? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 07-10-2008, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm fairly certain i'm not pregnant, but for a few weeks i swear a feel a tiny baby flutter it feels so much like i remember movements feeling at 9-12 weeks (i felt them super early). I also wake up with my hand on my pelvis/uterus all the time, like i just keep my hand there when i'm sleeping... lol.
It's kind of driving me batty... because it feels so real that i'm tempted to take a preg test.. that's silly... right?

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 07-10-2008, 10:08 PM

probably is silly, but that would be enough oddness to make me take one. but i'm kind of superstitious like that sometimes
#3 of 13 Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I feel this all the time!! I will sit at my desk at work and put my hand on my tummy thinking a foot is going to stick out. I am not pregnant. Not sure what causes it.
#4 of 13 Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 PM

This was happening quite a lot a couple of months ago. I actually took a couple pg tests just because they felt so real.
#5 of 13 Old 07-10-2008, 11:55 PM

Lol, I'm so glad I found this thread! I took a test just two days ago because I was feeling "phantom" kicking. I felt it for three days before I freaked out enough to take a test (and since I'm still BFing and my cycle is wonky, I guess it COULD have been possible...yeesh). BFN, thank goodness, though DH was a little disappointed...lol. I just kept thinking "SURELY I'm not 4 months pregnant!"
#6 of 13 Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 AM

it would be so crazy to just wake up 4 months pregnant, not having known it at all. i don't know how i'd react to that one, flip out probably. my control freak self would not be pleased.
#7 of 13 Old 07-11-2008, 05:32 AM

I feel phantom kicks every now and then...and dd is almost 3 (and I'm NOT pregnant!) I guess it's just gas, or digestion, or internal organs shifting or something. It's kind of nice to feel that baby-kicking feeling (even though it's not really a baby) and remember what it feels like to have a little someone in there.

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

#8 of 13 Old 07-11-2008, 07:04 AM

It's gas. I suppose if you are three months out from having a baby it could be your organs shifting and returning back to their original positions. I remember having it A LOT when DD was first born and because of bfing and a lack of sex (too much pressure on the c-section scar, plus a fear of an unwanted pregnancy) I knew I wasn't pregnant.
#9 of 13 Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 PM

I've had this too! It's like "woooo....wait a sec....even if I was pregnant no way could I be feeling kicks", but it does feel sooo much like it did when I was pregnant. And as sick as I got of those kids kicking each other and my bladder and my lungs and each other again....it makes me kind of sad and wistful that those little kicks are gone! Of course, then the two of them jump in my lap and knee me right in the bread basket and I realize maybe I don't miss the constant pain after all....
#10 of 13 Old 07-16-2008, 11:11 AM

Yeah. It reminds me... which is a good thing. I remember being first pregnant the second and third times and being excited about feeling the baby move all around eventually! I don't want to forget what that feels like. I mean, putting my kids under my shirt doesn't really feel the same. (Kinda hurts! )
#11 of 13 Old 07-18-2008, 03:20 PM

I'm sure I felt them Postpartum! Weird!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
#12 of 13 Old 07-18-2008, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097 View Post
I mean, putting my kids under my shirt doesn't really feel the same. (Kinda hurts! )
:

Wife to geek.gif (08/03), Mom to energy.gif (10/05) and babyboy.gif (11/09).

#13 of 13 Old 07-21-2008, 02:39 AM

I had them for a bit when dd was around 4 mo old. I figured it was gas. My insides did some weird stuff for a bit, so phantom baby feet were just a nice kind of odd.

I don't come here anymore. MDC has become overgrown with ads & useless extra forums.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page