which month/s would you prefer to give birth in? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 09-03-2008, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I loved having my early July baby - but if she was born just a few weeks earlier it would have been even better. We had just started getting hot the last couple of weeks I was pregnant and I was pretty miserable. Being pregnant in the winter really was nice though, I normally run really cold and I was nice and toasty warm all winter. The only thing that stunk was that I kept getting sick throughout the flu season (got the flu TWICE! once at 13 weeks and once at 27 weeks, plus several colds). When we start trying for #2, I want a April-June baby!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#32 of 45 Old 09-04-2008, 03:40 AM

i don't feel like such a weirdo now! my son was born in november. a scorpio just like his papa. i'm a virgo, so we balance each other well. i don't want an aries or a cancer, because we would be incompatible (i have poor past interpersonal relationship experiences with both signs), but i really want to be able to have birthdays outside, something we can't do for the boy... SO (lol), i decided that i would be open to conceiving august (for a may baby), september (for a june bug), november (a leo) or december (for a fellow virgo).
#33 of 45 Old 09-04-2008, 05:03 PM

After having DD at the end of July I can say for sure that we won't be TTC for another summer babe EVER. I don't do well in the heat normally and being pregnant made it SO much wosre for me. I think I would love a spring baby. For our next child, we will try for April or May.

But of course if an oops should occur, baby is a baby and I'll take one whenever.

''''

#34 of 45 Old 09-05-2008, 06:03 PM

IF I were to plan another baby, (and that's a big if) I would want a late summer/fall birthday. Mostly because August and September are the only months we don't have any birthday's in my immediate family. My oldest was a July baby and that was fine. My second was a Christmas baby, even though when we were TTC we attempted to skip a possible December due date... My youngest is a Feb birthday and that's OK but it's at the end of a string of 8 birthdays in a two month time period and that's VERY hectic especially when you factor in Christmas, New Years, and my anniversary. Yeah, Dec. through Feb. are VERY busy times around here!!

Mom to dd1 7/00 reading.gif, dd2 12/03 upsidedown.gif, and ds 2/07 afro.jpg - home forever 9/07
In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul. -Lisa T. Shepherd
#35 of 45 Old 09-08-2008, 02:30 PM

Well, I don't want another November (DS) or December (DD2) baby. Too much going on in that time. Also, I didn't like bring home a baby in the cold, not being able to go on walks those first few months and worrying about family getting them sick when they are tiny.
DD1 was an April baby and that was great. Big pregnant in the winter so I stayed warm and by the time she was born it was warming up so we could get out of the house.
This time around we are hoping for March-June. February would be ok too. July is getting too hot (Aug is for sure too hot) and anything from there to Sept/Oct is getting me largest through the hottest part of the summer.
We'll see how it goes though. LOL

Leigh

#36 of 45 Old 09-10-2008, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

So interesting reading everyones thoughts on this!

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

#37 of 45 Old 09-11-2008, 11:53 AM

Well I said earlier that I really wanted a May/June baby. I didn't think the odds would be in my favor this year because we weren't TTC... but my DH finally gave the green light and I think we are now officially TTC, which means... I now have a chance to try for that June baby!! : Please wish me luck!!!
#38 of 45 Old 09-11-2008, 11:56 AM

Fall is my favorite time to birth. It's my favorite time of year all around. I like having a baby and then kind of settling in for the winter- not wanting to be out and about all the time.

I have 2 fall babies and 1 late spring baby. I wouldn't trade my spring baby for the world (obviously!!!), but I'd rather not do that again. I didn't like having a newborn in the super hot, muggy summer. It was really difficult taking my older kids to the pool that first summer. It was a looooong hot summer.

Actually we are hoping to have another baby and I'm trying to decide whether I can force myself to NOT try for a few months so I won't have another summer baby. I doubt I will actually do it though. When I'm ovulating, I have baby fever super bad, no matter what month the baby would be due.

eta- I don't mind being hugely pregnant in the hot summer b/c we spend a lot of time at the pool and it feels sooo good to be in the water. Being at the pool holding a newborn- not so fun to me.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#39 of 45 Old 09-11-2008, 11:59 AM

I had DS in the end of April. It was great, it wasn't too cold and we could take him out with out a lot of bundeling. We walked a lot and it was great. I LOVE the spring so getting to be off work during that time was ideal. I also liked that I didn't have to be hugely pregnant in the summer. I HATE the heat so I we planned so that I wouldn't be very pregnant Next baby I think that we will do the same (if it all works out!)

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#40 of 45 Old 09-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Banned

I have one May baby, although accidental, seemingly the perfect time for me to have a baby! Today, I'm hoping for a June baby... which means I would have had to TTC last week, right now I'm just in waiting for symptoms (or menses) mode.. Such a long wait! (LOL)
#41 of 45 Old 09-13-2008, 02:02 AM

{Partner to DH  and Former WOHM, now SAHM  to DD, DD , and DS } *** ***
#42 of 45 Old 09-13-2008, 02:13 AM

I think March-May. I've given birth in mid-October and late November. I wasn't a fan of either. I get REALLY big REALLY fast, so summer is BEYOND uncomfortable, even in AC.
#43 of 45 Old 09-13-2008, 02:53 AM

I have a May baby and it was great that I skipped being pregnant in the summer months, he was just starting to walk when it was the next summer, super cute 6-8 month range during the holidays., a good chance for an outdoor birthday (we're in the seattle area so it's always hit or miss lol) far from the school cut off age, being able to get out with him when he was a small baby.

The cons-- Summer maternity clothes are cuter and I think I might actually enjoy being pregnant in the summer-- I too get depressed in winter. It was soooo hot when he was born that I had to keep him in front of a fan (no A/C here typically) for a lot of the day as my house was about 50 billion degrees w/o A/C. I was fat and felt terrible about my body and did not want to wear summer clothing. I felt weak and couldn't really BE outside with the baby as much as I'd like to be outside because I didn't want to leave a newborn in the sun too much.

So, I think I'm going to start TTC in December and shoot for a Sept-Oct baby. I think it would be fun for a change and I love fall. I also like the idea of wearing big clothing post partum and snuggling in for fall/winter. Oh, it makes me feel all nice inside. lol. Plus-- My ds being a May baby, my dh birthday is Feb, mine is Aug. I think October would be a nice balance of family birthdays and before the holidays. And I think a libra would also be a good balance for the family. Of course that is no gaurantee though

Morgan - Wife to Eldi, Mama to 5 yr old ds Gabriel and baby Lucia, Doula -- my loves!

#44 of 45 Old 09-13-2008, 03:03 AM

Definitely March thru May. I live in TX and summers are miserable even thru Sept and Oct. can be hot. I had me daughter in Mar and it was great. I had my son in Aug-oh it was almost unbearable. But extreme cold and ice winters hardley ever happen here.
#45 of 45 Old 09-16-2008, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
May and August worked for us. I enjoyed both. I'm averse to some of the astrological signs, but not for any real reason.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page