Charting when coming off BC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-07-2008, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I stopped using nuvaring on August 28th, and have been charting my temp each day (cause I knew cm would be affected by the hormones). My question is, how do I know when I can start trusting my cm to be accurately reflecting my fertility? I'm afraid I'll think I'm not fertile and then have sex and then get pregnant. Should I just wait till after I've had a real period? Obviously then I'll be back to ovulating and whatnot.

We haven't had sex yet since I took out the ring. I know we could just use condoms, but condoms make it sooo not feel the same.
#2 of 2 Old 09-08-2008, 07:27 PM
JMJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likely, it'll be 1-3 cycles before you can trust your CM sign, and your cycles are likely to be longer and stranger than normal. You don't necessarily have to wait till you have a real period, though. Just make sure you take your waking temp at the same time every morning, and you will hopefully be able to tell that you've ovulated based on that. Since you're not using the CM sign, though, you may want to wait for 4 or 5 good raised temps just to be sure. Post-ovulation is really the only way to be safe for the first few cycles. When you do finally have a normal cycle again, things should stay pretty normal.

Good for you for getting off the hormones. I really think this is a much healthier alternative, even if it takes a bit of work.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page