Charting when coming off BC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2008, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I stopped using nuvaring on August 28th, and have been charting my temp each day (cause I knew cm would be affected by the hormones). My question is, how do I know when I can start trusting my cm to be accurately reflecting my fertility? I'm afraid I'll think I'm not fertile and then have sex and then get pregnant. Should I just wait till after I've had a real period? Obviously then I'll be back to ovulating and whatnot.

We haven't had sex yet since I took out the ring. I know we could just use condoms, but condoms make it sooo not feel the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
JMJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likely, it'll be 1-3 cycles before you can trust your CM sign, and your cycles are likely to be longer and stranger than normal. You don't necessarily have to wait till you have a real period, though. Just make sure you take your waking temp at the same time every morning, and you will hopefully be able to tell that you've ovulated based on that. Since you're not using the CM sign, though, you may want to wait for 4 or 5 good raised temps just to be sure. Post-ovulation is really the only way to be safe for the first few cycles. When you do finally have a normal cycle again, things should stay pretty normal.

Good for you for getting off the hormones. I really think this is a much healthier alternative, even if it takes a bit of work.

User Tag List