Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2008, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
MarineWife: We are at Pendleton.
Oh darn. I was thinking we might be able to get together. I just realized you have older children. Were you in when you had them? If so, how was that? I think about the mothers in the military a lot. It must be so hard.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM

My BBT dropped half a degree today, so I should be getting my period tomorrow.

I'm not willing to quit my job to stay home with an infant, and we can't live without dh's salary, so it's good. But, I miss cloth diapering. :

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 PM

Magyeraine (sorry if mispelled) ~ I think it was you who suggested getting a health savings account to help pay for chiropractic, acupuncture and other natural health care that my insurance doesn't cover. I looked it up and I don't qualify for an HSA. Apparently, you can only have one if you have high deductible or catastrophic insurance that doesn't cover the first few thousand $$ for health care. We definitely don't have that since I have the military health insurance that provides care for free if I go to a military doc or treatment facility. Oh well. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

On another note, I looked up a bit about the Mirena because I have to know everything. The info I found says it contains only synthetic progesterone. It works by suppressing egg maturation and ovulation, thinning the uterine lining to prevent implantation of a fertilized egg and providing a physical barrier to implantation or growth. From what I understand about how the hormones work, since it contains just a progestin in a consistent amount, it might cause all temps to be elevated, as texaspeach said (I think), but shouldn't cause a temp shift similar to that caused by O. So, I guess it is possible that, if you see a thermal shift in your temps, you did O with the Mirena. You guys are probably way past that now but I just thought I'd follow up since I was the one arguing about it.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 10-08-2008, 11:24 AM

FF isn't working for me this morning, I can't get on the site. Is anyone else having that problem?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinred View Post
FF isn't working for me this morning, I can't get on the site. Is anyone else having that problem?
No problem here

Old 10-08-2008, 05:49 PM

Okie dokie. You can remove me from the list. I'm still charting but not for avoiding purposes now. I got an IUD placed this morning () so it's no longer a "must" to chart.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

cool OMM!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:19 PM

good job OMM!

Period came today, Day 1 of Cycle 8.

And I am feeling baby fever.

Bad.

Dd has been asking to watch the video from when she was a week old, and it's bringing back memories of how magical that very short time in our lives was. I even had a dream last night that we had another baby girl.

Oh well, we can't have everything we want in life!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:11 PM

Hey ladies! I was wondering what symptoms you all had when you ovulated (if any) besides the standard temp increase and ewcm. I have been on the pill for six years so I am becoming familiar again with how my body feels when I ovulate. I should be ovulating soon and I am having cramps (right side), lower back pain and really sore nipples! No temp increase yet though.

Our beautiful baby girl arrived 2/17/2010
Old 10-09-2008, 11:29 AM

Today, after I put my temp in, FF gave me a tentative O day of cd14 set to the FAM O detector. When I changed it to Advanced, it gave me a solid O day of cd13. However, Ovusoft just moved my CL up to 98 and says I'm in my fertile phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelxxrose View Post
Hey ladies! I was wondering what symptoms you all had when you ovulated (if any) besides the standard temp increase and ewcm.
I'm not quite sure what you are asking but I'll try to answer.

If you are asking what symptoms I get as O is imminent, ewcm and a hso cp are the big ones. Sometimes I also feel O pain. It varies from constant, dull, achy cramps to intermittent sharp pains on one side or the other. I don't get that all the time. Some women also get O spotting. I never have.

If you are asking what signs/symptoms I get after O, the thermal shift, cf dry up and lfc cp are the big ones. I also get painful cramps during my lp.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMM - I'm happy for you!

ok ladies my first cycle pp had a 10 day LP. Last cycle had a 8 day LP. Right now I'm on 12 dpo and no AF. Do you think my cycles are just regulating? Before pregnancy, my LP was normally 10 days. I know it can vary a couple days but I am 4 days longer then my last cycle right now.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
ok ladies my first cycle pp had a 10 day LP. Last cycle had a 8 day LP. Right now I'm on 12 dpo and no AF. Do you think my cycles are just regulating? Before pregnancy, my LP was normally 10 days. I know it can vary a couple days but I am 4 days longer then my last cycle right now.
I think your body is still trying to regulate itself. I would discount the 8 day lp since that's not normal for you. That makes the 12 day lp ok. Hopefully, AF will be here tomorrow.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:14 AM

Slinking in...
Old 10-10-2008, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Had an abnormally high temp this morning, but know I have not ovulated yet. I did toss and turn for an hour before I took my temp, but that's actually what I do just about every morning. I woke up with my arm around DH, though, so maybe his body temp had an affect on mine?

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
Old 10-10-2008, 11:21 AM

Why slinking, Arwyn?

Old 10-10-2008, 11:30 AM

After I put today's temp in, FF took the crosshairs away. I didn't think that was right, anyway.

I have a cf/cp question. I have to check for cf internally, which I do several times a day. When I do it's hard not to notice my cp. However, I only not my cp at the same specific time every day. I have noticed, though, that my cp doesn't match up with my cf even throughout the day. For example, yesterday morning my cp was hso but my cf was sticky. When I checked at my usual cp time, I had ewcf but my cp was somewhere between mmm and lfc. So, I'm confused. Should I record the most fertile cp if I also have very fertile cf that day even if it's not at the same time or should I just record what my cp is at the time I designate even if it doesn't match up with what my cf is doing?

Old 10-10-2008, 05:43 PM

I had 3 temps in a row that were 1/10 different. Then today it shot up like a whole degree. I am nursing tons still so I wasn't sure that temping would even work for me. I also have the ewcm today...not as much as usual, I have to check internal to notice...I've been thinking I was pg..but now I am wondering if I ovulated or am about to. Any insight?? Not too sure how to post my chart...but any comments would be great!!
Old 10-10-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
I had 3 temps in a row that were 1/10 different. Then today it shot up like a whole degree. I am nursing tons still so I wasn't sure that temping would even work for me. I also have the ewcm today...not as much as usual, I have to check internal to notice...I've been thinking I was pg..but now I am wondering if I ovulated or am about to. Any insight?? Not too sure how to post my chart...but any comments would be great!!
It's hard to know anything without looking at your chart. The rules for confirming O are that your temp has to go up at least 0.2 of a degree higher than the highest of the previous 6 temps and that you have to have at least 2 more consecutive temps that high or higher.

You can post your chart just by adding a link to your post.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:56 PM

Here goes, trying to link my chart.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/c...dule.php?cd=17
Old 10-10-2008, 07:17 PM

That didn't work. It actually took me to the data entry page for my chart. You have to go to your homepage set up and copy the link from there.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 PM

AF showed today. Wooooo : Cycle 3 a success.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
AF showed today. Wooooo : Cycle 3 a success.
: Just what you wanted. That cycle was relatively short, too, huh?

Old 10-10-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliacat View Post
Why slinking, Arwyn?
'Cause I'm not quite here yet. But I wanna read along.

I need to figure how a way to keep the chart in the bathroom without it getting wet or removed by a toddler (if it's not in the bathroom, I don't do it consistently). And I need to get a thermometer that doesn't beep every six seconds and wake up said toddler, but also doesn't take five minutes to register.

I've been kinda keeping track of cervical fluid since I started cycling again after my nice 14 month LAM phase, but not enough to use as birth control, and I haven't been temping. But my goal is to get solidly charting again, and do full-on NFP.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 PM

Laminate it and stick it to your mirror. Then get a dry erase marker/pen. I got my BBT at WalMart (it's a purple one) and it doesn't beep during the temp. taking. Just when you turn it on or off and when its don'e reading your temp. Something like 8 bucks.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
: Just what you wanted. That cycle was relatively short, too, huh?
Yep. 35 day cycle with a 13 day LP. This is my best cycle to date. I hope the next one is so simple.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:03 PM

Hi all! Still here. Still charting. Last cycle was crazy bizarre. I think I posted about it. I was pretty sure I was annovulatory. I put all my data into FF and they said I did O. I could kinda see it if I discarded two temps. I would have had no reason to discard them though. Anyway, this cycle was trucking along nice and normal. I was gearing up to O around oct. 3rd. Had several days of creamy with a little bit of stretchty. Then everything stopped. My cervix closed, my cf went sticky (which is my BIP.) I was wicked hormonal and b!tchy feeling. Then on oct 8th I had horrendous cramps like I was starting my period (10+ days early) I had a couple of hours of pink spotting. The next day I had some pink tinged mucous and then went dry. For four days I had this pain in my right ovary like I was ovulating. Except when I'm o'ing it only lasts a couple of hours. This lasted for four days and got progressively worse.

Yesterday I broke down and went to the ER. I felt really horrible: bad headache, dizzy, faint, chilled and this horrible pain in my right side. Urine and blood tests came back negative for anything. They did a pelvic, everything looked good. Did bi-manual and didn't feel anything. So, they figure it's my appendix. Send me in for a CT scan. The barium drink is NASTY! Everything looks good, except I have a ruptured ovarian cyst.

Doc says it should stop hurting in a day or two and to just rest until it does. Today it hurts worse than ever. I've been taking extra stregnth Tylenol and it's not touching it. Why would it keep hurting since it already ruptured? I've never had a cyst before (to my knowledge.) Any thoughts?

I guess I'll try some Motrin. It usually makes me feel yucky though. At the ER they gave me this drug (I can't remember the name) that was similar to morphine but was stronger and didn't last as long. That was GOOD stuff. I felt very stoned. hee hee. I should have had them send me home with some.

It's frustrating that my body isn't working right. I've been cycling for 2.5 years now. Shouldn't my cycles be getting better and easier to read?

OK, I'll stop rambling. Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:11 PM

Oh and Other Mother - congrats on the IUD - that was very nice of your mom!

Canid - yay for the better cycles!

MarineWife - that was quite the night you had! I'm excited and scared about my kids being teens.

The ER doc asked what form of BC I used. I told him FAM. He says: "Oh so that's not 100% accurate, but pretty good if you follow all the rules right? Do you take your temperatures and everything?"

I was impressed he actually knew something about it.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiddlinmama View Post
Yesterday I broke down and went to the ER. I felt really horrible: bad headache, dizzy, faint, chilled and this horrible pain in my right side. Urine and blood tests came back negative for anything. They did a pelvic, everything looked good. Did bi-manual and didn't feel anything. So, they figure it's my appendix. Send me in for a CT scan. The barium drink is NASTY! Everything looks good, except I have a ruptured ovarian cyst.
oh you poor thing I hope you are feeling better. That sounds painful. Did they find any other cycts or just the one?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:10 PM

I've never had a ruptured cyst so I have no idea how bad it hurts or how long it would last. Did they tell you to follow up with your regular doc or go back if it's not better within a few days? Tylenol never puts a dent in any pain I have, either.

That's cool that the ER doc new about FAM. I don't know about cycles getting better and easier. I guess it depends on your circumstances. For example, with my age, my cycles will probably start getting harder to interpret because of perimenopause.

I'm trying really hard not to get frustrated with this cycle. It's not really any different from my regular. I keep getting my hopes up that I'm going to O, though, and then am disappointed when I don't. CD21 and I've already had 3 separate peak days.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:19 AM

Confused.
FF chart says I Oed on CD 13. Which fits with how I've felt this month and what I figured with the info. Ovusoft, however, has been ambiguous. Until today. When I took my temp after I had to get up and quiet my DD after she woke up. So I marked the temperature as a disturbance (which is right, isn't it? should I have not recorded it?) And now it says that I Oed on CD 20! Which would mean that I'm possibly pregnant, because I figured from my calculations and FF that we were okay.

Whadda ya think?

Mom to K (06.23.06) & A (09.13.09)

User Tag List