Charting to Avoid October, November, December 2008 - Page 32 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-30-2008, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi ladies. I don't have time to catch up on all the posts today but I think I o'd. I got a temp spike today. So yay! Another super simple cycle. I wish they were all so easy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 03:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelsi View Post
I didn't totally trust the LAM method for me because I got AF back right away with ds (@ around 6 weeks PP) even though he was nursing 24/7. I think with dd I started temping and keeping track of cm at around 3 weeks. Of course it was somewhat erratic but I tried to temp when dh got up for work unless I thought I would already be up for the day before then. It wasn't perfect but I did see the obvious temp jump when I ovulated for the first time at 7 weeks post partum. However that first ovulation never would have yielded a viable pregnancy...my luteal phase that first time was 5 days (after that I had my normal LP).

Dh and I just made sure not to dtd whenever I had fertile cm and I usually waited until I had at least 3 dry days in a row before we would resume dtd.
LAM only works before your first period after having a baby. Once you have had your PPAF than you need to chart and temp.

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
Old 12-31-2008, 09:58 AM

: The theory is that the majority of the time (I lent TCOYF to a friend so I can't check the numbers) your first period before 6 months is anovulatory, so you would then know to start charting again.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 12-31-2008, 11:54 AM

Yep, #1 rule for LAM is no period. (Hence the "amennorhea" part.) When I first started getting in to teaching FAM, I spent a good deal of time studying cycles of women who were breastfeeding. I have to say it's really interesting how each woman's body is so individual in how it responds to it all. For some women, the "rules" don't work... my thoughts are sometimes it's a metabolic difference, etc. I also made observations personally that more skin to skin time with my baby while nursing kept fertile CM away. I think as with anything we have to remember it's not one size fits all, you have to constantly, almost daily, reevaluate the state of your fertility. I suppose it's not much different from FAM/NFP in that respect, except that it gets very tedious at times when you have a load of fertile CM and then no ovulation.

One of my first cycles back with my first son, when he was 9 or 10 months... I had every sign of ovulation. Several days of EWCM, cervix was open and soft, ovulation pain, even two positive OPK tests. And then no temp shift. I've also seen this on a chart of a woman who was going through a very stressful time (her mother had just passed away) and I'm certain it happens to women who have PCOS.

Anyway.

I O'ed on CD15 this cycle. Didn't a few others have "early" ovulation this month too? I wonder if it had to do with the solstice. We are in the process of nightweaning out 18 month old, so I'm confident that things are going to get more and more regular here. It would be nice if every cycle were this easy.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post

I O'ed on CD15 this cycle. Didn't a few others have "early" ovulation this month too? I wonder if it had to do with the solstice.
Yep oed CD 11 here.
Just wondering if any of you ladies know of any free charting sites other than FF.
tia
nak

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
and I'm certain it happens to women who have PCOS.

Anyway.

I O'ed on CD15 this cycle. Didn't a few others have "early" ovulation this month too? I wonder if it had to do with the solstice. We are in the process of nightweaning out 18 month old, so I'm confident that things are going to get more and more regular here. It would be nice if every cycle were this easy.
YEah I have PCOS and that happens to me. I also O'd early this cycle. 2nd time in my life I O'd before CD 20!

I am not sure of any free software for charting other than FF. I'm sure they are out there.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Yes, that can happen. Fertile CF does not guarantee O. It only means that you are potentially fertile. It is possible for your body to get almost to the point of Oing and then have it be delayed or not happen at all. The only way to know for sure if and when you Oed is by charting your basal body temp or having an ultrasound or blood work after the fact. (Or, of course, becoming pregnant.)
Thanks! That is sort of depressing though. I just want to ovulate darn it!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I O'ed on CD15 this cycle. Didn't a few others have "early" ovulation this month too?
I Oed very early for me, too, cd11. This cycle was after an anov cycle, though, so I think that's the reason. I Oed once before on cd12 after an anov cycle.

I think there are a few more sites that have free charting. I think iVillage may have it and Babycenter.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:07 PM

I O'ed early too. But I don't really call it early. Just b/c you O on one day for however many cycles, doesn't mean this one will follow the pattern. But I'm sure y'all know that! I expect nothing with my cycle... I just observe what comes. And BTW I'm having AF-is-coming-ish major cramps, and familiar discharge. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I may have missed the PG-bug this time. I sure hope so! If I do squeak by, I won't have to think about anything until March or April, whenever H returns.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

free charting software: http://www.hormonalforecaster.com/

http://www.myfertilitycharts.com/

I used my fertility charts and it's kind of strange beause they give you a CM date and a temp date, and then an over all date. I wouldn't trust the interpretation of any software over my own, so be sure you know how to interpret with out interference from the computer.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
free charting software: http://www.hormonalforecaster.com/

http://www.myfertilitycharts.com/

I used my fertility charts and it's kind of strange beause they give you a CM date and a temp date, and then an over all date. I wouldn't trust the interpretation of any software over my own, so be sure you know how to interpret with out interference from the computer.
Thanks and I wholeheartedly agree. Its not for me, its for my sister. She wants to learn about charting without having to rely on it for BC.
I tried to set her up on FF but they wouldn't allow it

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

Old 12-31-2008, 06:29 PM

I O'd really late for me this cycle, on CD 19. I usually O on CD 11. I guess that was before I got pregnant this last time. LOL. I am still waiting for AF, getting a little bit nervous as I am on 15 DPO today. Before my last pregnancy I had a long LP phase, usually 16 days... but I'm still a bit nervous...

Tara - nurse and wife to a nurse, mama to four, Izak (7/28/99), Liam (9/25/06), Freya (5/28/08) and Luna (5/19/10)
Old 01-01-2009, 11:15 AM

Here's a link to the new thread:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...9#post12894949

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

Old 01-01-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two babes View Post
Yep oed CD 11 here.
Just wondering if any of you ladies know of any free charting sites other than FF.
tia
nak

Haven't had much time to post lately, but I'm keeping up with the thread through my email. I wanted to add my comment about this though, so here it is.

I am using go28days.com. I like it, it is easy, and the help is good (I know, I have used it!).

User Tag List