lines that come up after 10 minutes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-02-2008, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so i have taken 3 pg tests. the first one, there may have been a line within 5 minutes. it wasn't totally clear to me. but at 15 minutes, there was a big ol' line. the second test, DH stared at it the whole time and there was no line at all until 10 minutes, and then it was faint (test says results are confirmed at 3 minutes). third test, this morning with FMU, no line at all until about 15 minutes and then really faint. so the lines are showing up later each time and getting fainter (though after letting the test sit, the line darkens. WTF is that? anyway...)

DH is so frustrated with me. he's like, "the test says read at 3 minutes and ignore everything after that!" and i know that, but i've never had this happen. usually when i'm not pg, there is no line ever. the test could sit there for 2 days, no line comes up at all. in my experience, when lines come up, i'm pg...and yet. i really don't FEEL pregnant. the only time we DTD during my fertile window, we used a condom. so it's possible, but, uh...

anyway, they're all the same brand test, accu-clear. i did some googling and found out other women have had evap line problems with this test. (but are evap lines always grey? these are pink, look like BFPs, but just show up way late.) i'm guessing i'm about 11 days DPO, but i normally only have a 10 day LP, and if i'm pg, it shows up around now.

think i should go get a digital? a different brand of non-digital? should i wait to test? how important is FMU?

please send me AF vibes. i really don't want to be pg.

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2008, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would try a digital test. I got a on a digital at 10 dpo using non-FMU. I waited maybe 4 hours from the time that I had previous peed.

Of course, if you're trying to confirm a negative, you might want to wait for FMU. My vote? Get a box with 2 tests in it. Take one today and one in the morning.

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

Old 10-02-2008, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That shounds like what happened to me. I always got a faint line but it showed up around 10 min and it was PINK. I went and got a digital and it said pregnant in 20 seconds. Digital tests rock.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:28 PM

I got my first BFP way after the time limit at 10dpo, had a very clear negative at 9dpo - I had thrown the test in the trash, actually, and just had a suspicion... well - the test I took the next day was definitely positive and she is sitting on my lap right now! Oh, and the first + test was at night - so not FMU.

I used the Equate (walmart) pink plus tests and Dollar Tree tests and then the Clear Blue Easy tests - the $ tree tests worked just as well, if not better than the Equate/CBE digitals if you are looking for a cheaper alternative.

www.peeonastick.com shows the different sensitivities and how many evaps women got with each brand.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 10-02-2008, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
That shounds like what happened to me. I always got a faint line but it showed up around 10 min and it was PINK. I went and got a digital and it said pregnant in 20 seconds. Digital tests rock.
well, i went and got a digital. it "thought" for about 2 minutes and came back NOT PREGNANT. looks like i'm spotting, too. so i guess i'm not pregnant. i feel kind of hesitant to get too relieved, but i feel like doing this: :::

so was i pregnant yesterday or were those evap lines?

suffice it to say, i'm never buying that brand again. i'm also starting the mini-pill tomorrow morning. this was way too much drama for a wednesday and thursday!!!

dissertating wife of Boo, mama of one "mookie" lovin' 2 year old girl! intactlact:: CTA until 7/10 FF 1501dc
Old 10-02-2008, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
I got my first BFP way after the time limit at 10dpo, had a very clear negative at 9dpo - I had thrown the test in the trash, actually, and just had a suspicion... well - the test I took the next day was definitely positive and she is sitting on my lap right now! Oh, and the first + test was at night - so not FMU.

I used the Equate (walmart) pink plus tests and Dollar Tree tests and then the Clear Blue Easy tests - the $ tree tests worked just as well, if not better than the Equate/CBE digitals if you are looking for a cheaper alternative.

www.peeonastick.com shows the different sensitivities and how many evaps women got with each brand.
i looked at that site just now. meg said that this brand is notorious for "positives" that occur right around/just after the 10 minute mark and to ignore them. the instructions say negatives are confirmed at 3 minutes, so basically, if you're pg it will show up before 3 minutes. so i guess i was never pg. so confusing!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post

hmm...your story made me realize something. an evap line could still be an evap line, even if you are actually pg. KWIM? so like in your story, it wasn't that the 10DPO test was positive, but that you got an evap line and then tested positive the next day. you can be pregnant and still get a BFN, then an evap.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:47 PM

could it have been a chemical pregnancy?

weird.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobedone View Post
hmm...your story made me realize something. an evap line could still be an evap line, even if you are actually pg. KWIM? so like in your story, it wasn't that the 10DPO test was positive, but that you got an evap line and then tested positive the next day. you can be pregnant and still get a BFN, then an evap.
You are right - I didn't count it as positive that night, I waited to confirm the next morning. The story that night was that I was so sure I *wasn't* pregnant, that after 2 min on a 10 min test with no lines showing up, I threw it in the trash. It wasn't until an hour later that I checked it and voila. So I spent the night researching the brand for false positives, etc. etc. I bet you anything it was positive that night though, because my HCG levels were over 600 by 16dpo. I then spent the next 20 or so days taking HPT after HPT just to see the lines...

Glad everything turned out the way you wanted it to!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 10-19-2008, 01:19 AM

I need to tell myself that lines that come up after 10 minutes don't count. But, it's so hard when you are in the moment and see 2 lines. All of my good sense goes out the window in that situation.

jog.gifkid.gif

User Tag List